• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

How many rock shapes are there?

aumgn

Bells
I’m working on my rock garden and I’ve finally figured out where I want everything.

Now I’m getting picky about what rock shape goes where, and I want to confirm how many rock shapes there are.
  • Single rock, notch in front
  • Single rock, faint circle on top
  • Single rock, pointy left side
  • Two rocks, small rock upper left
  • Two rocks, small rock upper right
Is this it? [[Edit 24 hours later... yes, just these five shapes.]]

492214F9-F4B4-4CC8-B8D4-30FE5A1C2719.jpeg

Last edited:
Ooof that sounds really tedious. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but I wish you good luck!

Thanks for your dedication to the science :D

Rock garden that looks effortless actually takes an amazing amount of effort. 🤦‍♂️

I realized this when making my rock garden a month ago. I decided to have them all be single rocks.

My intent was to build a Japanese inspired garden area. I decided to use a little wabi sabi, so I cleared out a large area and let the rocks spawn wherever they may. I had to do a couple manual tweaks (the rocks kept spawning on the right side of the area) but I never forced location entirely.

Once the locations felt right, I noticed that I had identical rocks right next to each other, and that’s when I decided to go for a more specific configuration. I set up a decision tree for each spot, and how that would affect other spots.

For example, spot A can be rock 1 or rock 2. If spot A is rock 1, then spot B must be rock 2. If spot A is rock 2, then spot B can be rock 1 or rock 3, etc etc.

I then went through about 60 time travel respawns (in between workout sets), before everything landed how I wanted it.

Do not recommend. ;)

*runs to my rock garden* I had no idea I have three of the same shape (bottom right notch) and two rocks that are double (smaller side on top left) and one outlier with the small part of the rock in the top right. It's not even something I thought about. I wish there was a little more variation but at the end of the day, it's not a huge deal to me!

I wish I'd never seen this! 😂 Hadn't noticed till now that I've got two of the same rock next to each other. I'll never un-notice that!

I've never really taken a good look at my rocks. I've always thought that all 6 were unique. Wow.

this is such a useful thread op, omg. thank you for your commitment to the cause

Thank you for your efforts in finding this out!

Back