• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favourite dog breed?

I like French and English bulldogs the most. They're most of the dogs I have had. I'm sure there are other breeds out there I'd love. However, I'd prefer on the smaller side. I love the big dogs and all, but I'm scared of them jumping on me. lol

I love all dogs and I favor a lot of different dog breeds. Just to name a few: Pugs, French bulldogs, Newfoundlands, Basset hounds, Corgis, Shiba Inu, Schnauzers, Cavalier King Charles spaniels, Tibetan spaniels, Chihuahuas, Shar Pei, and Mastiffs. Of course, mixed breeds are amazing too!

I do have to say, though, that I only support ethical breeding practices for any dog breed, but particularly those that can have a lot of serious medical issues like pugs and Frenchies.

Ooh. Tough choice. I’ll have to go with top 3 lol

Cocker spaniel (my sweet Ellie baby)
IMG_2821.jpeg

Border collie (my so missed Brodie)
And American Eskimo (my first dog)

I'm not sure I have a favorite breed. If talking about looks, I do like how Huskies and Malamutes look. Or even the Elkhound. But I wouldn't want one. Too big, too hairy, too much energy. And personality and temperament of the dog matters to me waaay more than how a dog looks.
Size wise, 20 pounds and under is perfect for me. Probably toy is best which is 10 and under. (Not what Coco is...she is a small dog hitting on the last weigh time as 14 pounds)
Hans is about 7 pounds and I have to admit he is the easiest and most enjoyable to hold out of all my dogs, or to be trampled by. He's like a dog shaped feather and doesn't jab you with his feet. He is half Chihuahua and was a bottle fed runt so he is smaller than he actually should be. His siblings were like double his size and he should have been about Coco's size. He seems to get around fine and for the longest time only weighed 5 pounds. He'll be 11 years old in July.
I don't know how well those teacup size dogs do honestly. But I like the idea of teacup size (6 pounds and under) but idk if it is actually okay like the concerns of certain features in many dogs that were selectively bred.

My favorite is a four way tie between labs, border collies, havanese, and pugs. Labs are huge, charming, and I love the way their fur feels. Border collies are smart to an almost disturbing degree. I have fond memories of playing with my grandpa’s several border collies as a kid. Pugs are ugly, but in an adorable way.

The last breed, havanese, are the ones I’m the most experience with since I had one as my first dog and my mom got another one a few years ago. They’re very friendly, soft, and smart, albeit stubborn. They’re also very high maintenance. Brushing needs to be done every few days and they need grooming every few weeks. They also develop leg problems as they age. Despite being pretty common they’re also very expensive. I adore both havanese dogs I’ve had very much, but I wouldn’t recommend the breed to someone new to taking care of dogs.

Back