• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favourite dog breed?

King Charles Cavalier Spaniels are my favorite. We used to have one years ago, but they've since passed. Now we only have cats!

I think Nintendogs is what made me admire dogs. My favorites are Shiba Inus because they're so cute, though I also like Cavalier King Charles Spaniels because of how sophisticated they look. In addition, I'm fond of Dachshunds and Huskies.

all this talk of golden retrievers, I need to show you all the most blessed boy there ever was: Mr Sunny Bean 🥰💞
20240205-094512.jpg

but yes, golden retrievers are definitely my favourite dog breed. I knew I wanted one since I was a kid, and I got Sunny back in early 2020 (not a pandemic puppy, though, I planned on getting him before it even started). he's the bestest boy ever and I couldn't imagine my life without him 💗

I don’t know dog breeds very well, but it might be a corgi at least judging on appearance. There is another type of dog I liked in the past but I’m not sure what breed it was.

If we're just talking aesthetics, I've always loved Borzoi! Long-nosed animals are my favorite animals, and borzoi have pretty much the longest snouts of all the dog breeds.

10 Elegant Facts About the Borzoi | Mental Floss

I think more people have heard of them as of the last couple of years (ish?) because of some borzoi-themed meme that I'm not super familiar with. But it's been weird to have people actually recognize the term all of a sudden!

Runners-up:

- Rough collie (I grew up with a collie who was an absolute angel dog, and currently have a second collie who is . . . not, haha. Fun fact - collies are thought to have some borzoi in their lineage, hence the long snoot on the collie as well.)
- Dachshund (Delightful little sausage body)
- Golden retriever (the quintessential Dog)

I'm going to cut myself off there. I was a very intense Dog Child so I can name a pretty large number of breeds, which is useful for impressing friends if you're out on a walk.

I think all dog breeds are great! (well, except Bull Terriers lmao) I was crazy about Nintendogs back during the Nintendo DS early days, it made me want to learn about all kinds of breeds. I spent hours playing, it's such a cute, relaxing game.

If I were to get a doggo, I'd go for a Pomeranian or Shih Tzu. I have some experience taking care of them, since I babysat (in this case, dog-sat lol) for my cousin. Basset Hounds, Shibas, Dalmatians and Beagles are some of my favorites too but I really think all dogs are just wonderful, even though I'm really more of a cat person xD

I think Frenchies and Pugs are so adorable, though!

Mine is Shih Tzu. I’m biased as I have one, and old dog was half-Shih-Tzu, half-Poodle. I also love Weimaraners, Corgis, Pugs, Cavalier King Charles spaniels, Chihuahuas, Pekingese, Poodles, Norwich terriers, West Highland white terriers, French bulldogs, Australian Shepherds, Pomeranians, Beagles, Golden Retrievers, and Huskies.

Back