Favorite Mario Party game?

Probably Mario Party 7! I really love Mario Party 2 and 3 as well though. All of these have great minigames and boards!

Mario party 5 all the way! Just thinking back about all the memories I really want to buy the mario party games again (still have my old gamecube) but sad that my TV's don't play it anymore :(

I'm just hoping now that they'll maybe bundle the old mario party games together and release it for the switch (like they did with 3D all stars)

Mario party 6,7 from the game cube. Can’t play it in GameCube, but I play it on a Wii. I still have them. Every time I baby sit my cousins, I bring out my old half broken Wii and we play them.

I liked pokey pummel as the favorite game. Or the balloon Busters one with the mic. Both gave me anxiety lol

I would say that Mario Party 3 is my favorite, followed closely by 2. Partly due to nostalgia, partly due to the fact that I only played 1-3 (and a bit of 4), partly due to the boards, mini-games, duels and also the general theme. Overall 3 is just a really solid game and tough to top.

I will say that Mario Party 5 does get an honorable mention from me, since while I've never played it, I've really enjoyed what I've seen of it. The capsule mechanic is also quite interesting as well, and I saw it used in a really clever way (where you always throw it onto an open space and don't use it on yourself) that made the game a lot more entertaining.

Mario Party 2 is the best and I still own my copy. Kinda want to play it now that I’m reading this thread.

My favorite is Mario Party 2, followed by Mario Party DS and Mario Party 7.

I think the only thing that edges out Mario Party 2 over Mario Party 7 is the unique costumes you see the characters wearing when playing a board. Mario Party 7 has the most fun 1v3 minigames in my opinion.

I only own the Mario Party Wii game, which I think is Mario Party 8? I have fond memories of playing it at my friends houses when I was in elementary school, and later in middle school at my own house when we finally got a Wii. I remember I was pretty good at the mini games but would always get such bad luck rolling the dice lol

Tied between 6 and 7 - I really like the night / day gimmick, and 7 has my favourite minigames and maps overall. I haven't had the chance to play 3, though, so that might surpass them if I eventually do.

Most of the games have been enjoyable but I don't think any of the entries from the GameCube era onward have given me or my mates the amount of satisfaction of the Nintendo 64 games.

Perhaps it's just nostalgia, but I've just found them to be infinitely more charming and enjoyable than most of the later entries, despite the immense number of improvements.

My personal favorite is Mario party 3. The map sizes, choices, and structures are amazing. I mastered all of the games. I really liked how daisy was in that game, too, before they made her all obnoxious. I never really liked pink but wanted to be a girl so she was the perfect choice for me.
It’s really fun to play by yourself against npc’s in hard mode. I still play it occasionally.
I got the mario party game for the switch and the map is so small compared to the other games 😞 I don’t really like it.

I didn’t like the microphone concepts of these games. I recall having to say a name of a fruit and when I clearly said “Apple,” the game would say “Pear is incorrect.” I would get so angry at this. It made for some fun times when I was younger.

I've had a ton of memories playing both Mario Party 7 & 8 when I was a lot younger but if I had to pick a favorite out of the two Mario Party titles that I've played as a kid, I'm going to go with Mario Party 7. There were a lot of fun minigames that I really liked to play and the boards were also fun to play on too.

The day and night mechanic in MP6 was so fun tbh. Mario Party DS for nostalgia though, and just a really coherent theme and set of boards.

Personal favorites of mine are 4, 5, 6 and 7. Imo the Mario Party games for the GameCube were the best ones. Only played a bit of 8 and didn't enjoy it that much tbh. Skipped the following ones since I lost my interest in MP games after a while.

I have good memories with Mario Party 4. I loved the pop up random ball draw or scratchers tickets and the excitement of going to see the huge genie!

I do remember the capsule mechanic coming out after that in MP5. I didn’t like it at first but got used to it.

I have personally played Mario Parties: 6, 8, 9, 10, Super, Island Tour, and Star Rush. STAR RUSH IS MY FAVORITE. I LOVE IT SO SO MUCHIE. It is soo fun. 9 and 10 are close behind though. I love mario party games and the only ones I hate are on the gamecube. I never liked the old ones other than 2. I like the new ones more which I know is controversial. I love the little car lol! All of my family and me mostly play 9 and 10 though. When we play 9 we play the little minigame parties ? Like the garden one is our favorite. Bowser Party though is just SO👏FAN👏TASTIC👏! Its the best when I play it with the whole family. I also LOVE island Tour and Star rush. Island tour used to be my favorite but then Star Rush stole the crown.

Fun fact: My copy of Island Tour has been lost for many years because I remember me and my family went on a Vacation and out of the three games I brought (ACNL, Mario Party DS, Island Tour.) I forgot to get Island Tour back in my bag. I remember when I got home I looked for it and could not find it :( . I hope that someone is playing now though 😂 It was in the drawer so somebody got a free Mario Party game lol!

Mario Party 4 was the first one I played but also my favourite. It still felt like classic Mario Party but with lots of minigamed and lots of opportunities to show skill.

I also liked 7 as that is the one I have more memories of playing with my family on. Unfortunately they aren't Gamers(tm) so I'd handicap myself and mess around purposefully. As such I didn't really get to test my skill or anything.

Played a bit of 64, 5 and 6. They have cute maps but otherwise idk my opinion on them.

Back