• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Amiibo cards not working

MoonPrincess

|Pure White|
Bells
So I’ve been having this problem for Two days now. I’m currently trying to invite a villager but when I go to scan the card It will either say “amiibo failed” or “That’s not an amiibo..” All my cards have worked until now. Everything is updated, I even tried them on my new leaf town and they work. I’ve tried restarting and re-syncing my joycon. I’m upset because I’ve only had this switch since March and It’s already giving me problems. :( I wanted to know If anyone else was having this issue and any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this :( I've had this happen before and just kept trying the cards at different angles. I also wiped the joycon and it seems to work fine now.

Have you tried cleaning your / using differe joycons? That might be the problem, hopefully it's not the switch itself

If using the pro controller, try the joycons or vice-versa.

If you have an Android, there is a way you can scan the amiibos to verify they are readable.

Thank you guys for the advice! I plan on getting a pro controller tomorrow so I'll let you know how It goes! :)

Update guys! The pro-controller works and I can use amiibo again! :D My joycon is probably the reason why It wasn't working, but I'm happy to say getting a pro-controller fixed that problem. Thanks everyone for the help :)

Back