Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

Got the Platinum trophy for Life is Strange: True Colors! Managed to play through it without seeing any spoilers too, which was important for me. Now I'll be slowly replaying it to take in the atmosphere some more, and try out different choices.

cl55l8p.jpg

Still so proud of my Project Diva Plats :love: Thought X would've been easier, but even 100+ hours haven't been quite enough for the achievements... But oh well. Yay for rhythm games!

Completed quite a lot in Dragon Quest XI S today! Not quite aiming to 100% it, but somewhere pretty close to that.
-Obtained all of Veronica, Erik, and Sylvando's costumes!
-Got the Master of Monsterology and Try, Try Again accolades!
-Completed the final page of my mini medal album!
-Completed the Fourth Trial of the Wheel of Harma in 14 turns! (I probably over-prepared for this one, eheh.)
-(Technically) completed all the horse races! I did have to use the golden reins, and there were a couple of times where they just... gave me the winning prize out of pity, but I got the Whinny Winny Wonder accolade, so that's good enough for me! I did also manage to place 2nd once in the Black Cup on Difficult, which I'm fairly proud of, considering. I am... not good at horse racing. I will not be attempting other horse racing-related accolades ahahaha

Even though it's been years, I remember being happy to have completed the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald. It took some time to do it, but I did it. I have plans to do the same for Platinum whenever i get to it.

It's nothing special, but my latest one was catching a shiny Metagross in a Max Raid. But with how easy it is to get shiny these days, like I said, it's nothing special. You can't toss a stone without hitting someone who owns a shiny legendary Pokémon these days, let alone some Metagross.

I turned on ORAS again to finish up my Pokedex and uh, turns out I already did lololol. Both the National and Regional Dexes.

I think I last posted on here several months ago when I first started playing Hades, and said my most recent gaming accomplishment was beating 10 heat or something. Well I am here now to say I have beat 32 heat :eek: literally thought I could never do it but here I am! I feel like I understand the game a lot better now and I want to try even higher heats even though there are no more bounties/rewards after 32.

Also I beat the entire Celeste storyline except for Farewell. I did the main chapters 1-7 plus the Core chapter 8 and collected a total of 129 strawberries. I am currently stuck in Farewell Chapter 9 and honestly I don't think I can do it without using the assist mode. It's really hard and unlike chapter 8/Core I don't see myself doing this 😅 but it's ok! I'm glad I was able to get this far. I also tried doing the B-side versions of the chapters and I'm not so sure I can do those either. I was able to do the first 3 b-side chapters but I don't think I will be doing the rest.

Another accomplishment of mine I don't think I mentioned in this thread yet was like over a year or so ago I got up to Master Ball tier battling online in Pokemon Sword and Shield and my highest rank was 2,297 (doubles).

One last accomplishment that I am still sort of working on is Dead Cells. I beat the game 1 time, and since have tried to beat the game with 1 BC (boss cell) and its super hard, but honestly I think I just need more practice. I can see myself beating up to 3 BC if I really committed but after seeing playthroughs of 4 and 5 BC I don't know if I can get there. My goal is at least 1 BC, and 3 if I am lucky.

I ended up getting 100% items in my first ever playthrough of Metroid Dread. Definitely some tricky shinespark maneuvers required for some items, but I'm glad I was able to figure them out all on my own.

Here's another little progress update for where I'm at in DQXI S! ^^ I've been doing a lot of farming and a lot of forging recently, but aside from that, I've...
-Completed the Luminary's Trial!
-Got the Pathfinder General accolade!
-Raised the entire party to max level and completed their skill trees!
-Made all five wishes!
-Completed the Final Trial of the Wheel of Harma in under 30 turns! I... forgot my actual turn number whoops—
-Obtained all of the Hero, Eight, and Rab's costumes!
-Completed all the non-Tickington quests!

I've got one more Tickington quest I can do at this point in the story, but after that, I'm going to try and hunt down as many accolades as I can before going into the post-post-game. I'll tie up any remaining loose ends after that.

I managed to win the Super Bowl on Madden Mobile. The game is hard to play on the phone, but I’ve gotten used to it overtime. I don’t do anything competitive, so I just stick to the seasons. It’s a fun game and passes time when you need it to.

In super monkey ball mania so far i've beat:

golden banana mode
dx mode
reverse mode
smb2 master + extra
and am working on smb1 master!

I got the platinum trophy for Assassin's Creed Valhalla today. Wasn't exactly planning on going for it when I started Valhalla, but after beating the game and looking at how attainable the rest of the trophies were, I figured I might as well go for it.

The most recent gaming achievement that I achieved a few days ago was 100% all 3 Mario games in Super Mario 3D All-Stars. I felt so accomplished when I finished all of the Mario games, it was a blast being able to play and fully complete the game in its entirety. One of the most challenging stages that I came across in the game Super Mario 64 was the level where I had to collect all 8 red coins in the Shifting Sand Land course. It was quite difficult trying to get some of the red coins, even when I flew across the sky trying to grab some of the red coins that were up in the air. I let Mario sink in quicksand several times during some failed attempts in collecting all of the red coins 😂 but despite going through some challenging courses in Super Mario 64, I had an enjoyable time playing every Mario game in Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

My response to extremely stressful situations is to either throw myself into a writing project or trophy hunting. This week I opted for trophy hunting and 100% completed four games:

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 11.19.27.png

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds & Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
Once upon a time, I bought Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi on the 3DS thinking that it was a historical/war game mixed with vampirism elements. And it is all of those things - but it's also a dating sim on top of that. And I got hooked. Don't tell my girlfriend. 😳 Edo Blossoms is my preference of the two, but it follows Kyoto Winds chronologically so it's better to start with that one. If you ever give them a go, it's advised to play them both simultaneously.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
One of my absolute favourite gaming franchises of all time. In September 2018, I set myself the goal of 100% completing all three DW8 titles before I could buy Dynasty Warriors 9. These are big games, with umpteen stages and 82 playable characters in total, and it took me a good 300-400 hours to beat all three. With that goal finally achieved, I bought DW9 on sale for £11.16 last night. 💪

Bugsnax
Not going to lie, I thought this game was terrible the first time I tried it. Played it for 10 minutes, turned it off, then forgot about it. Someone I got chatting to at a party the other week convinced me to give it another go. I ended up absolutely loving it. Things I considered silly were cleverer and deeper than I initially thought. Also, if you want to see LGBT+ representation done right in a game then this is absolutely the one to play. 🌈

It's been a while since I did anything relevant when it comes to gaming, but I would say beating all 10 classic Mega Man games (without any kind of save assistance; I still need to play MM11, even though I already have it).

But other than that, I'm not doing anything really challenging lately. At least not anything other than trying to perfect my play with Makoto (Street Fighter 3) and pull off her most difficult and annoying combos. But SF3 is a lifelong learning process, and I think everytime I play it, I learn something new or I improve my execution of some combo, or mix up... It's funny, but after all these years, I think I finally entered the stage where I can answer "I play Third Strike" whenever someone asks me if I play videogames.

(I still need to go back to Stardew Valley, and I also need to relearn Ninja Senki DX, as it's the only game I feel like I will speedrun one day).

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
One of my absolute favourite gaming franchises of all time. In September 2018, I set myself the goal of 100% completing all three DW8 titles before I could buy Dynasty Warriors 9. These are big games, with umpteen stages and 82 playable characters in total, and it took me a good 300-400 hours to beat all three. With that goal finally achieved, I bought DW9 on sale for £11.16 last night. 💪

Funny that I mentioned buying this game in my last post in this thread - and that was just under a month ago! This is the first time in a long while I've sunk 68hrs into a game in a single month. 😅

dw9plat.png

I heard a lot of bad things about Dynasty Warriors 9 before going into it but I actually really enjoyed it. The open world was a refreshing change of pace after playing the three DW8 games back-to-back and it gave me a better grasp of how all of the separate scenarios in previous games fit together in the grand scheme of the Three Kingdoms period (and I say that even having read the classic novel). I'm excited for DW9: Empires to release in February!

Back