• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What is your favorite obscure anime/show?

This isn’t really a show or anime, more like a series of YouTube videos plus a website…I always found the Shaye St. John mannequin videos to be funny in a random way, all while making some commentary on fame and the entertainment industry.

Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge/Tanaka-kun is always listless. One of my favorite animes (and mangas) and I feel like no one has seen it.

The slicist of lifes, I love this show. He's me fr, bro is sleepy

Insomniacs After School. It's the best romance anime I've ever seen and I've watched nearly 100 series in that genre. The show has a somber, bittersweet feeling to it throughout. Both of the leads felt like real people and they weren't super tropey like in other romance anime. The opening song is also in my top ten favorites ever. The manga is just as good. I wish more people talked about it.

I’m not sure if it is obscure, but I really liked this anime called Drifters. I’m still waiting for it to have another season.

1715932022470.jpeg

It’s very bloody and there is a lot of humor that I don’t understand since it has something to do with Japanese history/culture, but I found it really interesting!

I don’t often hear people mention GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka; that is one of my favorites. I watched it dubbed; top notch voice acting! The manga is much better and longer but the anime still is really good.

I think everything else I like is not obscure.

i looooved big windup!!!!

mmmm from my childhood there's kirarin revolution and kamichama karin, highschool there was death parade, tamako market, and yumeiro pâtissière, and recently there's tsurune :3

I’m not sure if it is obscure, but I really liked this anime called Drifters. I’m still waiting for it to have another season.

View attachment 560558

It’s very bloody and there is a lot of humor that I don’t understand since it has something to do with Japanese history/culture, but I found it really interesting!

I don’t often hear people mention GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka; that is one of my favorites. I watched it dubbed; top notch voice acting! The manga is much better and longer but the anime still is really good.

I think everything else I like is not obscure.
Drifters has been on my watchlist for a long time now. I need to get around to watching it sometime.

I am unsure how many people know of this anime, but Kimi to Boku~?

Screenshot 2024-05-17 23.19.16.png

A very relaxed, slice of life anime.
I like to say it's the very down to earth Ouran highschool club version, without the host club of course. I mean, they literally have almost the same characters. Twins, a guy with glasses, over hysterical blonde who isn't Japanese (this guy is German, not French), and the red haired boy is always mistaken as a girl. XD
But that's the only simiarity. For instance, the twins Yuuki & Yuuta are completely different to Hikaru, and Karou. Yuuta (NOT the one wearing the beige jacket) is the oldest, and sometimes likes messing with their friends, but he is more mature; and hopes to see his younger brother Yuuki to push himself and be not as lazy.

And each character has their own problems, and their unique episodes. And I love each of them equally.
We also get a lot of cat imagery, which represents specific characters in each episode.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 23.23.40.png

Sadly, there's only two seasons, and I wish there were more.
There is manga~ sadly the physical manga is only in Japanese (I weep~) but you can find it online, and there's SO many more that we get in the manga that we need for the anime. The anime is also only in Japanese too.
I wish there were more fanfics too ;_:

Anyways, not known or not, I hope more people will love the characters as much as I do. And either watch or read it~

kimitoboku.gif
animesher.com_kanami-shun-kimi-to-boku-2-82922.gif

i’d say this is defo more on the obscure side, but Astra Lost in Space was a super nice watch. it follows the plot of a group of teens sent into space for a mission, but then become cautious when they learn there’s a traitor among them. it’s been a couple years since i’ve seen it but i remember enjoying it a lot. bonus because the art style is super cute!!

Back