The ACNH Rant Thread

Mad at myself . I was trying to move Blaire from my second island to my main island. It seemed to work out fine but I had to leave my switch to help my mom and in that time it disconnected and I lost Blaire. I tried going back to my second island and it just says she moved. Now that plot on my main island is being filled by Bunnie. I should should have made sure I had made it back to my main island but didn’t think it would get disconnected from my second.

honestly, i wish there was a unique NPC for sea creatures, the same way there is CJ for fish and Flick for bugs. diving is already super profitable, especially in winter, plus having models for them would be a bonus. i just think it's a shame, is all.
Yeah Homestly, Why didn't they not think of a Special NPC for Sea Creatures. Originally I thought it was gonna be Pascal since he is always swimming in the water but he only likes Scallops and goes crazy for them whenever you get them. So he doesn't even host like a "Swim Off" event and you cannot sell Sea Creatures to him for a lot of bells. It such a missed opporunity with his character. I guess maybe until next AC game they'll think of someone else who is a enthusiast for Sea Creatures. This is one of the reasons why I don't bother with swimming all that much.

Bulk crafting was never a thing. I remember this sparked such heated arguments when this first launched. Which never made sense to me. It would be a much needed QoL update, but so many claimed it would ruin the game.
I never understood why they didn’t have bulk crafting for even just a few items. For example, tools, bait, chairs etc. There are very few times when you’ll want to craft just one bait.

i kinda wished they did all the things they did with the updates and HHP from the beginning.
i mean, w got them, that's not the point.
but in the end it kinda felt like i purchased an unfinished game that got a lot of ''dlc'' ( i know the updates aren't really dlc, and that HHP was pretty much the only dlc, but still )

Reactions: Bui
I get it already! I didn't proportion the head correctly compared to the body so I failed to make the perfect Snowboy! Now how about you tell me whether I should make the head smaller or larger next time?!

I've figured out that one problem I have with judging the size of the Snowboy's head is because the sizes can look different based on where my character is standing relative to the second snowball. Unfortunately, knowing the problem doesn't solve the problem.

I get it already! I didn't proportion the head correctly compared to the body so I failed to make the perfect Snowboy! Now how about you tell me whether I should make the head smaller or larger next time?!

I've figured out that one problem I have with judging the size of the Snowboy's head is because the sizes can look different based on where my character is standing relative to the second snowball. Unfortunately, knowing the problem doesn't solve the problem.
Usually what I would do is making a really big Snowball for the body and then make a 2nd big one for the head but here is a trick that I saw someone do online. If you put down like 10 patterns (Like Wooden or Brick for example) and you roll the Snowball over it it causes it to shrink down. Normally if its snow it causes it to grow but when its over patterns that are not snow it shrinks down. The point is when you roll the snowball down over the 10 patterns it will shrink down to the right size that the Snowboy wants. It can be tricky to do becuase you need a big area with a lot of snow just to pull it off, but eventually it will work.

Usually what I would do is making a really big Snowball for the body and then make a 2nd big one for the head but here is a trick that I saw someone do online. If you put down like 10 patterns (Like Wooden or Brick for example) and you roll the Snowball over it it causes it to shrink down. Normally if its snow it causes it to grow but when its over patterns that are not snow it shrinks down. The point is when you roll the snowball down over the 10 patterns it will shrink down to the right size that the Snowboy wants. It can be tricky to do becuase you need a big area with a lot of snow just to pull it off, but eventually it will work.
I actually did try that trick once, and it didn't work. I just got the message that I had gotten close but not perfect. Maybe it's because the patterns were only one space wide instead of two?

I wish there was more to do on New Year's Day! I had to make my own "fun" by posting the fortune I got on my gamecube file to my bulletin board.... :')

I actually did try that trick once, and it didn't work. I just got the message that I had gotten close but not perfect. Maybe it's because the patterns were only one space wide instead of two?
You might need to make the area bigger so that way you'll have more room to make the snowballs more bigger. I would suggest don't have it so close to any cliffs or any objects that causes the snowball to break.

You might need to make the area bigger so that way you'll have more room to make the snowballs more bigger. I would suggest don't have it so close to any cliffs or any objects that causes the snowball to break.
I made both snowballs as large as they could get before trying the patterns path because that's what I read to do online. I haven't tried it with a two-space wide path though. At one point, I was managing to make perfect snowboys somewhat frequently, but I never managed to figure out exactly how I did it. Now I've gotten close 5-6 times in a row without actually succeeding so I'm losing hope.

I made both snowballs as large as they could get before trying the patterns path because that's what I read to do online. I haven't tried it with a two-space wide path though. At one point, I was managing to make perfect snowboys somewhat frequently, but I never managed to figure out exactly how I did it. Now I've gotten close 5-6 times in a row without actually succeeding so I'm losing hope.
Yeah it can be hard at times. I had times where I tried to make a Snowboy but then the snow balls would not stack. I had to try so hard not to make it too big or too small but then I got "Oh so close" it was at that point I just said "You know what this is a huge waste of my time"

When I do this trick I use 11 patterns not 10 and it works every time. I tried with 10 and got so close but not perfect. I use one space wide patterns.

i wish that, once we finish the fossil portion of the museum, we could identify fossils without needing to show them to blathers. it makes me a little crazy having to show them to him every day.
Same here. Maybe have Blathers teach the player how to identify fossils so they'll be able to make them out once they've dug them up.

Last edited:
They probably do that so you have a reason to keep going into the museum and not just let it sit there.
Doubtful. You shouldn't need an incentive to go there unless you're making donations. Even if every fossil is donated and accounted for, you still need to donate sea creatures, creeping things, and art to Blathers. And the Museum is massive — without a doubt the most impressive iteration in this franchise so far, in terms of size and realism. If people go there without any intention of seeing that owl, it's to gawk at everything else.

Last edited:
Back