• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Strangest film you've ever seen

Many years ago, my mom watched this DVD with these really creepy and bizarre stop motion or puppet films. I asked her about it and found out they were made by a duo called the Quay Brothers. A reviewer described them as “dusty nightmare worlds” and that couldn’t be more spot on, lol. I only took passing glances at it but it’s the first thing that pops into my head when I think of strange films.
Speaking of Brothers Quay, I do remember that MTV commissioned them to make an ident for the network, probably around late 80s to early 90s.

Haven't watched that one yet, but I gotta see if it's what the reviewer really describes their works as dusty nightmare worlds. Lol

This old short-horror from the late 90s called Katasumi and 4444444444. It was super weird. I don't remember much but I remember the story not making a lot of sense and the acting being super cringy.

Speaking of Brothers Quay, I do remember that MTV commissioned them to make an ident for the network, probably around late 80s to early 90s.

Haven't watched that one yet, but I gotta see if it's what the reviewer really describes their works as dusty nightmare worlds. Lol
My reaction to this:

Uhh... It is dusty, but I think it's not as nightmarish. Maybe this was specifically made not to ingrain some horrid imagery onto MTV viewers...? Lol

Mad God. Weirdest mess I've ever seen in cinematic form, which is saying a lot since I used to actively seek out "strange" movies to watch with friends. That said, I'd still watch it again purely for the visuals.

My reaction to this:

Uhh... It is dusty, but I think it's not as nightmarish. Maybe this was specifically made not to ingrain some horrid imagery onto MTV viewers...? Lol
yeah, probably, lol. I don't remember how specifically nightmarish the shorts my mom was watching were but they definitely threw me for a loop at least because they were so out of the ordinary in terms of vibes.

Troll 2. It's considered one of the best so-bad-it's-good movies ever made. I heard about it on various movie review channels that showed funny clips of it so I decided to give it a try. It's a "horror" movie about a kid and his family moving to a town full of golbins pretending to be humans that drink "nilbog milk." Various characters in the movie get turned into weird green goo and are eaten by the goblins. The effects are so horrendous that none of it is scary and the acting is among some of the worst ever recorded.

A buddy was telling me about a Godzilla film that focuses mostly on the people. Mostly no name actors that clearly didn't want to be there. With a fake out that makes you think it's time for the monster stuff.

Strangest one I've seen involves Kunoichi, Lady Ninja awakening ninja arts, one lady absorbs a villain's energy attack with her crotch, sends it out her mouth, and disintegrates him like she activated the Yu-gi-Oh! trap card Magical Cylinder. Live action with practical effects.

Back