Woah, you know what I just thought of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Posts
3,947
Bells
844
Points
0
Well, I just watched that old movie with Jodi Foster called Contact, which was a really good movie that combined faith and science.

I just thought of this. I belive in God, but try to imagine this.

What if nothing, and I mean nothing, existed?

You can't even comprehend it. And don't say 'It'd all be white.'
If nothing existed, there would be no 'colors', or for that fact, 'white'.

This is basically why I belive in God, because SOMEONE or SOMETHING just HAD to put it all 'here'. So, what are your thoughts on all this complicated stuff? (Existion, Life on other planets, etc.)

Please don't mention your religion or anything here, though.

Also, when we say 'aliens', we think of green men. But, imagine this, which is what I belive. There could be creatures, like Lions or Sheep, only different, on other planets. Think about THAT instead of listening to your Math teacher.


:p
 
I'm not the one who would move this topic....

But i have a feeling that Smart Tech will move this.
 
He's moved other religiously-oriented topics....

That's why I think this.

Anyways, I think I might've seen that movie....
 
POKEFAB said:
Yeah, it's a great movie. It was made in 1997.
Yeah, that was a cool movie.

The part with the suicide-bomber kinda freaked me, though.
 
You can talk about it, as long as you don't go into religious stuff. Like right now, you're only talking about the movie, which is okay with me. I'm not an anti-movie person, even if I seem like one.


:p
 
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
 
yes i have acctually thought about nothing.
its impossible to think about it, but is it possible to exist....
and i also think about space
how can something NEVER end? and if it DID end.... what would it be like at the end? and where do black holes lead? do they spit everything out at a "white hole" or something? how can a 'hole' just appere in space?
if there was nothing... how did things get made... i just don't know...
and last the most important question of all... what is the point of life? why were we made? why does ANYTHING exist? what if all of this is not real... its an imagination or something...
crap... my head is gunna explode >___>

confusing isn't it


:p

yeah thats what i do during school. think of questions with no answers


:p
 
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
yes i have acctually thought about nothing.
its impossible to think about it, but is it possible to exist....
and i also think about space
how can something NEVER end? and if it DID end.... what would it be like at the end? and where do black holes lead? do they spit everything out at a "white hole" or something? how can a 'hole' just appere in space?
if there was nothing... how did things get made... i just don't know...
and last the most important question of all... what is the point of life? why were we made? why does ANYTHING exist? what if all of this is not real... its an imagination or something...
crap... my head is gunna explode >___>

confusing isn't it


:p

yeah thats what i do during school. think of questions with no answers


:p
Well, I think I can answer some of your questions...

We were made to achieve the closest possible to perfection.
And evil exists as a test of sorts for people who are aiming for perfection.
You cannot actually achieve perfection, but you can aim for it.
And infinity isn't actually existant... It's an idea, which makes everything even wierder; how can space just be an idea? 0_o'

And us humans just don't have the brain power to comprehend all of these questions and their answers.
 
Bulerias said:
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
If nothing existed, there wouldn't be things. It wouldn't even "look."

If nothing exists, the question is not what it looks like, but why the heck are we even bothering?
 
If God exists, who created God? I'm not trying to get religious but it is something to think about.

Nothing is a myth like freedom, they don't exist. If they did exist, we wouldn't be posting here, Bush wouldn't be president, and we could do anything. There are so many questions that we want answers to but are probably best unanswered.
 
AOTS said:
If God exists, who created God? I'm not trying to get religious but it is something to think about.

Nothing is a myth like freedom, they don't exist. If they did exist, we wouldn't be posting here, Bush wouldn't be president, and we could do anything. There are so many questions that we want answers to but are probably best unanswered.
:wacko: *explodes*
thats confusing.... sorta... but in a twisted way. it makes sence.
 
Bulerias said:
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
Yes, resembling humans seems likely, since our body structure seems to be the best in the animal kingdom, in ways of function and what not. I've heard that somewhere, but I can't remember where.
 
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Bulerias said:
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
Yes, resembling humans seems likely, since our body structure seems to be the best in the animal kingdom, in ways of function and what not. I've heard that somewhere, but I can't remember where.
i never thought they were green. idk if there are any but you have to think....
out of all of space there has to be one other planet with some life.... i mean... space is endless.... and how is that posible >____________> its immpossible to think about never ending and nothing...... very hard....
 
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Bulerias said:
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
Yes, resembling humans seems likely, since our body structure seems to be the best in the animal kingdom, in ways of function and what not. I've heard that somewhere, but I can't remember where.
i never thought they were green. idk if there are any but you have to think....
out of all of space there has to be one other planet with some life.... i mean... space is endless.... and how is that posible >____________> its immpossible to think about never ending and nothing...... very hard....
Yeah, that's true. Out of 63 billion stars in the Milky Way, something else probably does exist. Or, it might not, and the galaxy, and possibly the entire galaxy could be ours. But, I think it's the first one myself. I wouldn't be surprised if we're the generation to first see First Contact.
 
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Bulerias said:
Hmm...

It is definitely hard to comprehend what things would look like if nothing existed, but it is possible. If we can't comprehend it, does it mean that it isn't possible? I think not.

And I never thought that aliens were green or whatever. I think they might actually resemble humans...
Yes, resembling humans seems likely, since our body structure seems to be the best in the animal kingdom, in ways of function and what not. I've heard that somewhere, but I can't remember where.
i never thought they were green. idk if there are any but you have to think....
out of all of space there has to be one other planet with some life.... i mean... space is endless.... and how is that posible >____________> its immpossible to think about never ending and nothing...... very hard....
Yeah, that's true. Out of 63 billion stars in the Milky Way, something else probably does exist. Or, it might not, and the galaxy, and possibly the entire galaxy could be ours. But, I think it's the first one myself. I wouldn't be surprised if we're the generation to first see First Contact.
and when it happens... i don't want to be where it happens... i want to watch it from home. we might screw up, send in tanks and have them amed at them. they might think we are hostile and attack... then... well if could turn into war of the worlds


:p
Let me guess...you saw the movie Mars Attack?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top