Was I just lucky?

Jaz

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Red Candy
i was holding a villager a person here on tbt. it was the 7th of july in my game (sorry I time travel), and olivia (the villager) was expected to leave the next day as she was in boxes on that day. I booted the game a bit too late though: 8 july 2012, at 6:53 am, and i was at first devastated. i made one final attempt to save olivia from the void; i tt'd back a day, back to july 7 at around the same time of the day, and to my surprise: olivia was still there. her plot was there at least --as she was still asleep. i was utterly shocked, as i thought that tt'ing one day before was considered as tt'ing a day ahead. but she's still there. is this normal and that i just talking like a total idiot? or have i discovered something new that was worth the read? ;w;​

Yeah, some things stay frozen in time when you go back. If you plant a tree and go back it will still be a sapling, for example. I guess villagers in boxes also applies, but I never knew that either.

I didn't know that either. I once TT'd a day back and then TT'd to a villager's moving date and they were already gone (I didn't realise that TT'ing backward would count as 1 day and didn't think that it would alter their moving date to a day earlier). Of course, having read some guides later I found out that it does.
So just to make sure I understand, are you saying that if a villager is in boxes, and you TT a day back, they will still be in boxes?

Oh, that's good to know esp. if you're holding a villager for someone. :)
Thanks for letting us know.

Back