• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ungrateful!!

Valzed

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Bells
Switch
2305-9568-2503
Island
Amity
Spectral Preserves
Raven Wings Potion
Shadow Kitty Plush
Gourdy
Opalescent Crystal
Gleaming Butterfly Spirit
Black Famous Mushroom
Quirky Doll
Spirit Candy: Wix
Purple Bat Potion
In my town of Sheepish I have Cashmere whose birthday was just on April 2nd. I checked the thonky guide to see what to get her for her birthday & bought her the barber tee. I actually had to buy it with Mayor Val in Cutetown & then give it to Mayor Bo of Sheepish by borrowing hubby's 3DS. Cashmere really seemed to like it as she put it one right then. I was really happy since she's Snooty.

Today I went into Re-Tail to check turnip prices & there's a barber tee in a Flea Market spot. I think to myself, "How funny! I just gave one of those to Cashmere. I wonder who is selling this one." I ask Reese about it and guess who is selling it - Cashmere!! Seriously?! I had to go through a bit of work to get that barber tee. Now she's selling it in the Flea Market just 8 days after I gave it to her? Hmph.

If I still have her in Sheepish for her next birthday she gets whatever I have hanging around in my storage.

I've had a similar experience with Rhonda. :D I gave her a regal sofa as a birthday gift, and if I remember correctly, I saw the same sofa in Re-tail on the following day already. I might remember the time wrong but either way the item ended up in Re-tail really quickly.

I've had a similar experience with Rhonda. :D I gave her a regal sofa as a birthday gift, and if I remember correctly, I saw the same sofa in Re-tail on the following day already. I might remember the time wrong but either way the item ended up in Re-tail really quickly.

I figure they'll sell the or get rid of them eventually but I wasn't expecting it to be within like a week. lol!

I figure they'll sell the or get rid of them eventually but I wasn't expecting it to be within like a week. lol!
It felt kind of unexpected for me too. Though then again, I generally tend to sell the items I receive from my villagers quite soon too... :eek: So maybe I can't complain, haha.

It felt kind of unexpected for me too. Though then again, I generally tend to sell the items I receive from my villagers quite soon too... :eek: So maybe I can't complain, haha.

Haha, so true! It’s probably just sweet revenge for them since they know you’re selling the umpteenth 8-ball tee they’re giving you.

I don't mind if I mail them something & they sell it right away. I guess it surprised me because it was a birthday present & I don't sell what the villagers give me for my birthday. I do sell the normal gifts pretty quickly though so I guess it all works out. lol!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haha, so true! It’s probably just sweet revenge for them since they know you’re selling the umpteenth 8-ball tee they’re giving you.

Since Sheepish is still new I've only sold half an umpteenth of 8 Ball Tees so far. ;D tee hee!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Smh Cashmere, if you're going to get rid of gifts you have to be more stealthy about it :rolleyes:

This made me laugh so hard! I think perhaps a regifting to another villager would have been a good plan.

Oh Cashmere is a girl? Oops. Thou, I might be thinking of another sheep...

Is she not wearing it still? Sometimes it seems like animals will get dupes of shirts they own. Like I've had an animal give me the same shirt they were wearing, like why do you have multiples of the same shirt?

Is she not wearing it still? Sometimes it seems like animals will get dupes of shirts they own. Like I've had an animal give me the same shirt they were wearing, like why do you have multiples of the same shirt?

Why do they have multiples of the same shirt? Why, so they can have a cartoon-logic closet, of course!

All of our animal friends are SO RUDE. ;)

I know, right? rofl :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, I'm 99% sure Cashmere is a girl. Now I'm doubting myself...

No, she's wearing something different. I think it's the "shirt" from Anyone. Like I said I figured she'd get rid of it somehow - just not so soon after her birthday and not front & center in Re-Tail. lol!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why do they have multiples of the same shirt? Why, so they can have a cartoon-logic closet, of course!

I've often wondered where they keep all of their clothes when they don't have a dresser or something like that in their house. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kick. Her. Out.

I was originally thinking of keeping her after I got the PWP I want from her but your suggestion has me thinking... :D

Ah, these crazy villagers! I'm going through a cycle with Mint right now. She's asked me for new furniture every day this week. She says she loves what I bring her and sets it up in her house, but the very next day she wants to replace it. I just keep giving her the same few items over and over again. And talk about rude...she comes up to me and says she wants to get rid of a pest in her house...the very gift I just gave her yesterday that she raved over! LOL

I think I never had a villager who kept something I gave as a gift longer then a week, lol. Most of
the time, they put the stuff I just gave them a few days later into Re-Tail, where I always think
wow, first they annoyed me so much that I gave them that item and then a day later, said item
seems to be not that special anymore, ha.

I always wondered if you can "force" a villager to keep something if there is no space at the Re-Tail
anymore where they can put their item there to offer, as I never tried it out or paid attention to this.

Ah, these crazy villagers! I'm going through a cycle with Mint right now. She's asked me for new furniture every day this week. She says she loves what I bring her and sets it up in her house, but the very next day she wants to replace it. I just keep giving her the same few items over and over again. And talk about rude...she comes up to me and says she wants to get rid of a pest in her house...the very gift I just gave her yesterday that she raved over! LOL

Wow! Mint is giving you quite the hard time! "A pest" - rude, indeed!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I never had a villager who kept something I gave as a gift longer then a week, lol. Most of
the time, they put the stuff I just gave them a few days later into Re-Tail, where I always think
wow, first they annoyed me so much that I gave them that item and then a day later, said item
seems to be not that special anymore, ha.

I always wondered if you can "force" a villager to keep something if there is no space at the Re-Tail
anymore where they can put their item there to offer, as I never tried it out or paid attention to this.

I always expect them to get rid of gifts I send them in letters or things they ask for but I didn't think Cashmere would sell a birthday gift so quickly. lol! In my main town of Cutetown all of the Re-Tail spot have shells in them so that my villagers can't buy random ugly things but I never thought of it as a way to keep them from selling what I give them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Truly ungrateful XD

I think LadyDestani's Mint may actually be even more ungrateful than Cashmere - and that's saying a lot! :D

maybe you can sell and fill all the spaces of retail so nobody can sell anything there? like the others had suggested...

maybe you can sell and fill all the spaces of retail so nobody can sell anything there? like the others had suggested...

I really don't mind the villagers buying & selling in Sheepish. I was just surprised that Cashmere put the birthday gift I gave her up for sale so quickly - especially after claiming to love it. lol!

How rude!
I had Sprinkle recently put an item I gifted her up for sale and it broke my heart a little bit :c

Back