• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Second copy?

hyunderland

Bells
Switch
3690-1644-4807
Mailbox
I've wanted to start over for a while, but I don't want to lose any of my town forever...
I've been thinking about getting a second copy of New Leaf so I can cycle villagers because I really love TT-ing, but I just don't know if it's worth the money...
After a while, I can pay off all of my house loans and stuff again so I can switch my main town to a cycle town and the second town to my main town, but I just don't know if it's all worth buying a second copy.

Thoughts?
Also feel free to share why you got your second town (if you have one). :)

I have a second copy.

I got it primarily as a gift ;o; (lucky me) but as of now I mostly use it for cycling. I also love time traveling~ I've gotten used to cycling and figured out the patterns of villagers of moving and more. So I rarely have a problem with accidentally getting a villager in boxes. Sadly I don't have a 2nd DS though so I can't transfer anything. But in my opinion, it's worth the buy if you are going to use it and it is entertaining for you. I've been playing animal crossing more than any other game~

Having a 2nd copy is also useful if you want to help other people achieve dreamies, or help people hold things. Also if you don't have space in your main town to pick up a villager you'd love to have, theres always possibly your second which is super convenient <3

Last edited:
I just got my second copy like a week ago. I had a $25 off a video game coupon so it was only $10. And yeah, instead of buying myself a brand new game, I bought one that I already have :p But it's just so great! haha, I bought it to cycle and to eventually start another town. Unfortunately until I move in the near future, my internet sucks here and I always error trying to visit other people's towns so I have to do my trades from the local starbucks lol... So if you want to cycle and sell / give away villagers, make sure your router works with faraway travel.

I also bought another DS... D: My cousin was going to sell her 2DS to gamestop and I offered to buy it instead :p So I gave her $50 and now it's a lot easier to trade with myself instead of having to borrow my bf's DS.

I'm glad I got my second copy. It's really easy to do things like earn money if there's a high turnip selling day, I can cycle through and try to find my dreamies and other people's dreamies, I can make a nicer town (my last one I just took the first map lol)... I'm really starting to love it now. Except that my internet is so weird here, and I've been super busy lately, but I can't wait until I'm settled into my new home with better internet and time to relax.

If you have a hard copy of the game and a digital copy can you move villagers and stuff between towns?

Definitely do it! i had this dilemma as i loved my main town, so bought a 2nd copy, and its turned out amazing! i started my file so far, and have an amazing town of Tia, Tangy, Marshal, Stitches, Octavian, Timbra & Rod So far! i felt no pressure to find a town immediately, since i already had my main so could reset for days etc

In my opinion you should. I've been wanting one for awhile, because it gives the opportunity to reset for good starting villagers and time travel without having to get rid of your old town (for resetting) or accidentally messing it up (for time traveling)

Last edited:
I think it's worth it if you would actually put it to use. I have 7 copies in my house because my kids play but we got extras for cycling purposes...it was worth the money for us because every game gets used on a daily bases.

I've been thinking about doing this myself. I haven't tried TT yet and I don't want mess up my town and I want to try my hand at cycling. I just don't have the money for it yet.

Back