• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obtaining all the furniture with all the the color variations

Pomme

Bells
Hi !
Do you know if it's possible to obtain all the furniture with all the the color variations when playing solo ? (no trade or exchange) . Except the Nook Miles items of course.

Thanks !

Hi hi, I think it might be possible, but it will take a very very long time. You will sometimes get other color variations from balloons, trees and villager gifts!

Hi hi, I think it might be possible, but it will take a very very long time. You will sometimes get other color variations from balloons, trees and villager gifts!

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if all the color variations of an item can be found in the Nook's shop ?

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if all the color variations of an item can be found in the Nook's shop ?
I am not sure, honestly! I usually always see the same colors in mine ( I TT a lot to check my furniture rotations)!
But there may have been a few times another color has appeared? Most of the random color variations I've gotten from solo play have been from those ways I mentioned above ^^
But I have mostly had to trade online for the colors I wanted :[

I have a feeling (some?) furniture variations in Nook's are limited per island the way the Nook Miles items are, and you can only get other variations from other methods, but I have no data to back this up. Might be interesting to do an experiment.

I time travel a ton and I've honestly never seen a different variation from what mine is (ie red imperial, blue cute sets). Everything else was coming from balloons or other peoples'. Redd's was also a blessing because those are always variations.

I have a feeling (some?) furniture variations in Nook's are limited per island the way the Nook Miles items are, and you can only get other variations from other methods, but I have no data to back this up. Might be interesting to do an experiment.
Agreed, I see the same variants way too often for it to be a coincidence. I've seen the rainbow swirl at least 4 times now and never any of the others, and I only get cream colored diner furniture

though redd has different ones

I time travel a ton and I've honestly never seen a different variation from what mine is (ie red imperial, blue cute sets). Everything else was coming from balloons or other peoples'. Redd's was also a blessing because those are always variations.
Oh yeah, Redd's stuff will also be a way to get other colors, but I never seen him show up except once so LOL?

Pretty sure you can only get 1 color variant for a furniture item at Nook's. Ninji (dataminer) even alluded to this in one of his comments on twitter regarding Redd. Unfortunately, it's really hard to complete the catalog without trading. Relying on balloons, villager gifts, tree furniture, and Redd to get other variants is going to be really rough.

Technically I think you can but it could take years. I've gotten a few different color variations from balloons (naturally none of them were the ones I had wanted) but it has been far and few between them. I think trading with people is definitely the right way to go.

Yeah, but it'll take forever! Technically you could friend someone with a full catalog, and they could mail you two items a day, but I guess that's not solo.

Thank you for your replies.

I had color variations in nook shop : the antique mini table for example, was sold in 2 colors in my shop.
So i wonder if it's possible to have all the colors sold in the same shop.
One color will be more sold than the others ?

I had color variations in nook shop : the antique mini table for example, was sold in 2 colors in my shop.
I think this is the case, where one variation is way way more likely to show up! :0 good luck!

Sounds likely to me. There’s definitely variants that are very common for your specific island. For me, it’s black for the antique set and red for the imperial.

Are you sure you had the color variation and didn't find one in a balloon or from a tree? From what I've read the items sold in Nook's Cranny are always the same color.

I feel like from my experience the miscellaneous items are always the same variants for me, but the larger items I get a lot of different variants for some reason.

In my experience, you can, you can earn a whole catalog, as I did this in NL, it just takes a really long time!
I haven't earned the whole catalog in NH, but I am also using the help of other people by trading and when people leave me tips.
I think due to the color variations in NH, it would just be much simpler to trade with other people..
or even better, participate in cataloging parties! :)

Back