• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

I'm pretty sad about this..

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I remember thinking one or two years ago how useless all my in game trophy items were and how I'd never display them. I remember deleting doubles and all bronze and silver, keeping only a gold trophy for each category. Fast forward to present day, and I want to display my trophies. I found my gold bug and fish ones, but my HHA one is GONE. I've checked all my alt characters and it's no where to be found. I'm SURE I earned it because I unlocked the Gold House Model as well.. And I checked my catalogue, and it was listed. I might have sold it because the Gold House Model was the last "trophy" for the HHA rewards.. And I also can't find the other lower rewards for HHA. But I'm kinda kicking myself now because those were all one time items. :( I wouldn't want to buy them off of others here because I want the one I earned specifically.. I guess I'll never have them back -_-

Do you guys regret getting rid of something in the game that you couldn't get back anymore?

So I remember thinking one or two years ago how useless all my in game trophy items were and how I'd never display them. I remember deleting doubles and all bronze and silver, keeping only a gold trophy for each category. Fast forward to present day, and I want to display my trophies. I found my gold bug and fish ones, but my HHA one is GONE. I've checked all my alt characters and it's no where to be found. I'm SURE I earned it because I unlocked the Gold House Model as well.. And I checked my catalogue, and it was listed. I might have sold it because the Gold House Model was the last "trophy" for the HHA rewards.. And I also can't find the other lower rewards for HHA. But I'm kinda kicking myself now because those were all one time items. :( I wouldn't want to buy them off of others here because I want the one I earned specifically.. I guess I'll never have them back -_-

Do you guys regret getting rid of something in the game that you couldn't get back anymore?

Long ago in my first town, someone was nice enough to give me a hagoita before I knew how special that was, along with some seasonal unorderables. Then the sd card decided to quit working.

http://moridb.com/items/search?category=&q=hagoita&obtained=&interior=&fashion=

Last edited:
I try to keep each and every seemingly pointless bug/fish/etc trophy. I'll usually just hand them over to a side character, but sometimes I'll actually display them in my house.

I remember one time my sister went on my account and sold all my unorderables and special items or fortune cookie items I really wanted. Apparently she was "cleaning my house and emptying my storage" because my stuff was useless? I got over it but planted a bunch of pitalls all around her house and it was fun watching her fall in hehe

Unfortunately, this is why I'm a hoarder. I'm afraid to get rid of anything that can't be reordered, regardless of how 'useless' it is because of that slim chance that I may want it in the future.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Unfortunately, this is why I'm a hoarder. I'm afraid to get rid of anything that can't be reordered, regardless of how 'useless' it is because of that slim chance that I may want it in the future.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Yeah, it sucks because I'm actually a hoarder too! I was keeping all my unorderable stuff for that same reason. However, running out of storage was driving me crazy at that time and I thought that for some reason, I'd feel better if I let go of all the things that I really didn't need. And at that time I was SO SURE that I would never want to show it off since I had the higher end rewards already... And I think for a while, I was okay with it since I obviously completely forgot about it these past few years. But I really regret it. And now I know that my hoarding way was the correct way to play. Lesson learned, but the consequences are bitter :'(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Last edited:
I didn't like having cool unorderables in storage either so I started putting them in the museum rooms. I have one with a bunch of trophies, another one with some island and fortune cookie items, and one with fake paintings. If I have unorderables I do not want, I will try to trade them first because I still feel bad about selling them at Nooks.

this is why i keep all my unorderables...that, and in case there are people who want to buy them haha
it would take a lot of effort but you could, theoretically, make a secondary character and earn all those HHA awards again. then you can have the feeling of having earned them again. but, again, that would take a lot of time, effort, and bells.

i guess something similar has kind of happened to me...i built the modern police station in my town as soon as i got the request because i was completely unaware that there were two police options and my choice was permanent. every time i think about police stations i regret not waiting until i was able to build the classic one. i wish you could just get both requests at once...but maybe i could find a way to make the feel of my town match the police station. i doubt it, but i guess it's something new for me to think about for my town.

I'm such a packrat with so many towns that, when I know I possess an item, it's really hard to remember just where (and when) it is. If it can't be found, it may as well be sold/traded/gifted...

I left my hibiscus hairpin in my pocket while I was at the island, and of course, you can't carry stuff in your pockets so I lost it.
Now I buy hibiscus hairpins whenever I see them.

Yeah, it sucks because I'm actually a hoarder too! I was keeping all my unorderable stuff for that same reason. However, running out of storage was driving me crazy at that time and I thought that for some reason, I'd feel better if I let go of all the things that I really didn't need. And at that time I was SO SURE that I would never want to show it off since I had the higher end rewards already... And I think for a while, I was okay with it since I obviously completely forgot about it these past few years. But I really regret it. And now I know that my hoarding way was the correct way to play. Lesson learned, but the consequences are bitter :'(

- - - Post Merge - - -

thank you so much for making your posts and talking about this! I'm cleaning out my storage right now because my interior design is mostly finished, and it is such a good lesson to learn ^-^

thank you so much for making your posts and talking about this! I'm cleaning out my storage right now because my interior design is mostly finished, and it is such a good lesson to learn ^-^

As long as my misfortune can help others! Please learn from my mistake and think twice about getting rid of unorderables, especially if it has sentimental value! It might feel good to let things go and purge for the moment, but one day in the future, something you get rid of today might be the perfect furniture piece to complete a room and future you is going to hate past you for not hanging on to it lol.

There was a time where I kept every single unorderable item, whenever I needed it or not,
just because I thought I would never getting it again. I was kinda a hoarder at that point.
Until I didn't had any space anymore for more items and so I decided to clean and sort out
all the items where I know that I would never need them or would put them in my house. I
guess the best thing to prevent to run too fast out of space is to sort out the items and
see which ones are really important and which ones aren't. And even if you sell or trade a
unorderable item previously which you need now, there is always the chance to trade it
from another player.

I honestly am more of a minimalist and I have completed my house and I know completely certain what I don't need so I sell everything, I hate clutter, I really do. I've in the past sold stuff I wanted to keep but I just ended up earning it twice somehow, I'm not bothered in the slightest about having to search for specific stuff, I just like the peace of mind from having no clutter.

It's a really good idea to keep all the stuff you hoard in the museum. That way you don't regret selling things, but you don't clog your storage with them.

Ah, this is exactly why I opened up the MoriDB website while trying to clean up my old town. I do not want to accidentally sell something important.

Also, it really bugs me that I can't keep up with which gyroids I already have and I just start selling them. There are way too many of them and I really don't need all of them... except I guess the Brewster ones.

I don't think I've ever gotten rid of something like that, but I've probably deleted something important and just can't recall :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear, though!
Don't beat yourself up too bad, I'm always getting rid of stuff to make more space~

I don't think I regret ever getting rid of a specific item, but I do regret getting rid of my old save file from 2014, I guess I didn't feel super connected to the save file anymore but it was probably my most memorable town because it's what helped me out the most when I was down in my life, I now have towns on Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf, and in the upcoming week I will have a town on Population Growing but none of these feel the same and definitely have not filled the void deleting my old save file left behind.

Last edited:
Back