“I want to move out” should be a different colored thought bubble.

Skyfall

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Magical Fireworks
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
I read somewhere that if you ignore someone’s move out request (as oppose to saying no) the game will pick someone else to move out faster.

So any time anyone has a thought bubble i hoof it out of there so fast! But I’m missing out on nicknames and random gifts.... grrrrr. I wish the move out bubble was somehow different.

Just speak to them. If it's a move out req, quit without saving.
Is it safe to do so? There was a thread the other day that said it can cause data corruption, no evidence was provided but it still got me to raise an eyebrow and I'm since paranoid lol

Is it safe to do so? There was a thread the other day that said it can cause data corruption, no evidence was provided but it still got me to raise an eyebrow and I'm since paranoid lol

Quitting while the game is actively saving can cause data corruption. That's not just true for Animal Crossing, but for any video game or phone or computer. But quitting at any other time wouldn't cause corruption.

agreed. you have no idea how many times i've had a heart attack because Raymond or Chevre had bubbles and it was just "hi, take my thing!" or "should I have a new catchphrase?"

Do be honest, I don't think it matters. I have TT to get villagers out and it all seems random. I tt for hours three hours one day, and two hours the next to get Ruby out. I ignored mostly every ones through bubble, and EVERY SINGLE villager except Ruby ask to move out or just had a through bubble above their head that I ignored. She didn't even have ONE thought bubble above her head. I was afraid it was going to be some glitch and I was stuck with her until they fixed it.

Nothing against Ruby, but her and Ketchup are too much alike. And Ketchup is NOT leaving. Haha.

it's usually pretty obvious, if you already talked to them at some point that day I believe it's guaranteed the thought bubble will be about something else (catchphrase, nickname, free gift etc etc) and if you haven't talked to them yet on that day I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed that it will be a move-out bubble.

I've come across many thought bubbles, both move-out and not and this has been the pattern 100% of the time, so it should be foolproof. but if you feel like checking then all you have to do is quickly quit out if it's a moving-out thought bubble!

Are you dodging them because you don't want them to move or are you trying to get that move out prompt to other villagers?

Based on my experience and also others that have posted here, if they want to move out, you can tell them NO. They will go back doing their day to day. They will not move out with out confirmation nor do they act disgruntled if you tell them to stay. If anything, telling them to stay will just reset their move out timer (for that specific villager).

Beau asked, I told him he's mine forever, he stayed and is still chillin' drinking his orange soda.

I agree bc whenever my fav villagers have a bubble above their head my heart skips a beat (even tho u can just tell them not move) but then they want to to give me a dress...

it's usually pretty obvious, if you already talked to them at some point that day I believe it's guaranteed the thought bubble will be about something else (catchphrase, nickname, free gift etc etc) and if you haven't talked to them yet on that day I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed that it will be a move-out bubble.

I've come across many thought bubbles, both move-out and not and this has been the pattern 100% of the time, so it should be foolproof. but if you feel like checking then all you have to do is quickly quit out if it's a moving-out thought bubble!

I talk to my villagers in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon they may have thought bubbles that they want to leave. Most of the thought bubbles I got happened after I already talked to them earlier that day.
On the other hand, the leaving bubbles will be their first thought bubbles of the day. So if I already talked to a villager with a bubble and that bubble is not about leaving, then that villager would not mention leaving even he/she has more bubbles later that day.

i agree! you think a villager wants to move but then they just give you an item. it’s highly annoying!

Almost always the "moving" bubble will be there once you go into the game. Unless you don't see them for some reason.

Yeah, unless the last moving ping I got was super recent, I always just assume it's one to move :( I wish it was easier to tell what kind of thought bubble it is cause sometimes my villagers just want to give me random stuff or make me catch a fish they want.

So Beau asked to move yesterday which I said no to. Does this mean it will be about a week before someone else will ask? Also how does the game decide who will ask to leave? Is it all random? Wish someone could datamine more information on this!

Btw does anyone else feel bad when they reject a characters move out request or is it just me? 😭 Like I know it’s just a virtual character, but telling him to stay when he said he wanted to leave and explore made me feel awful haha).

So Beau asked to move yesterday which I said no to. Does this mean it will be about a week before someone else will ask? Also how does the game decide who will ask to leave? Is it all random? Wish someone could datamine more information on this!

Btw does anyone else feel bad when they reject a characters move out request or is it just me? 😭 Like I know it’s just a virtual character, but telling him to stay when he said he wanted to leave and explore made me feel awful haha).

Yes, it will be another week or more (I believe). The game just rolls a 10-sided dice to pick one. Though I've heard rumors that villager #10 can't move, in that case, it would be a 9-sided dice.

When you ask them to stay, you're just reassuring them that they are loved and would be missed if they left town. You shouldn't feel awful.

When you deny someone's request to leave, you'll have to wait around a week or so until someone else decides to move out. That means that any bubble any villager has during that period is guaranteed to be about catchphrases, gifts or whatever. I recently started hitting my villagers once with a net when I see a thought bubble pop up. I don't even check if they actually want to move out or not because I can't be bothered to restart the game lol. I managed to get Huck to move out that way some days ago after the bubble jumped from one villager to another. I felt bad because I don't dislike Huck but I NEEDED WADE lol. Now I'm checking thought bubbles because it hasn't been a week yet, but I'll start hitting them again once this period expires, as I want to move Avery out.

Yes, it will be another week or more (I believe). The game just rolls a 10-sided dice to pick one. Though I've heard rumors that villager #10 can't move, in that case, it would be a 9-sided dice.

When you ask them to stay, you're just reassuring them that they are loved and would be missed if they left town. You shouldn't feel awful.
Thank you, this actually really cheered me up 😊

Back