• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does terraforming get rid of the natural aesthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePing

Island~ Bloopus
Bells
So I’m like quite new to the game and I haven’t started terraforming yet because I kept resetting from making mistakes 😂 but I was just wondering whether it kinda ruined the natural aesthetic... I’m scared if I started terraforming I’d make a huge mistake and make my island look “unnatural” and I realllyy don’t want that to happen. I want to maybe move the rivers but I want to keep the island and that central but I’m scared I’ll accidentally make a mistake or whether I’ll make the decision and regardless it will destroy the natural aesthetic of the town 😬. I’ve been to a few towns with friends and that and their towns are nice but after terraforming they kinda look a little unnatural as they said it was really quite difficult to get it right. I’m scared if i start it might ruin the aesthetic and my island would be ruined... what is everyone’s experiences with terraforming and does it ruin the natural aesthetic of your island?
Post automatically merged:

So I’m like quite new to the game and I haven’t started terraforming yet because I kept resetting from making mistakes 😂 but I was just wondering whether it kinda ruined the natural aesthetic... I’m scared if I started terraforming I’d make a huge mistake and make my island look “unnatural” and I realllyy don’t want that to happen. I want to maybe move the rivers but I want to keep the island and that central but I’m scared I’ll accidentally make a mistake or whether I’ll make the decision and regardless it will destroy the natural aesthetic of the town 😬. I’ve been to a few towns with friends and that and their towns are nice but after terraforming they kinda look a little unnatural as they said it was really quite difficult to get it right. I’m scared if i start it might ruin the aesthetic and my island would be ruined... what is everyone’s experiences with terraforming and does it ruin the natural aesthetic of your island?
Just realised I posted in the wrong thing😂😭

Last edited:
at first i wanted to keep my island looking cute but still as natural as i can but recently my sister got a 5 star rating and i just went mad terraforming waterfalls, paths and cliffs all over the place now my island looks crazy and is an actual mess but once i've moved the shops and houses back where i want them and changed the bridges i think it could actually look pretty cool whether it looks natural or not

i think as long as you like your island it doesn't really matter how natural it looks
unless you want it to i guess lol ^-^
but either way terraforming is so fun i love making weird creations with it

Whether you terraform to express your wild ideas or just to adjust some small things, that's up to you! Things like rivers are fairly easy to get the hang of, they're either x3 or x4 wide and as long as you keep that mindset and worm them a little you can't really tell the difference (I did that until I just gave in and decided to go nuts on it)

My personal goal is to make a forest-y island with natural, good vibes and so far it hasn't been much of a struggle! And thankfully, even if you make mistakes, with terraforming you can just un-do it all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back