Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Happy April Fool's Day! I sincerely hope no one has pranked you, and if you're the pranker, well...I can only say I hope no one got too angry with you for it.

Anyhow, on to my day. I did play a bit late last night, and Astrid wanted me to get her an apple. I was happy to help out, and she rewarded me with a drum set. Not Eugene's drum set, I hope...that would be horrible. Apollo informed me of the impending arrival of Bunny Day, and the arrival of the creepiest character in all of ACNL, Zipper T. Bunny. I couldn't agree more, Apollo...that guy is the stuff nightmares are made of. Lastly, I visited Rosie right before I went to sleep, and found a paper lantern in her dresser that she let me have.

Now on to today. I decided to change into a new outfit today, and was greeted this morning by an amazing array of pink cherry blossoms! They look very nice, but I honestly wouldn't want to have them all the time...still, it's great to know spring is here in full force. Here's a nice grouping of trees up by my picnic blanket.

View attachment 234793

Today was April Fool's Day, of course, and my villagers were trying their darndest to prank me. Walker tried to get me to believe he was a spy for another town, but I wasn't buying it. Lolly told me she was going to give up reading and build a submarine to study deep-sea life, but I knew that was never going to happen. However, two prank rumors sounded quite possible to me: Rosie told me that she was a finalist in the "Most Talented Cat Ever" contest, and Eugene told me Rosie had won a beauty pageant. Both of those could actually happen! Rosie would be a shoe-in to win both, wouldn't you say? Astrid was more ambitious in her pranks, and asked me where she could get 40,000 gallons of pudding. Note to self: watch out for Astrid, unless I'm really hungry. My villagers were also dropping hints about not just themselves, but one another too. For instance, Astrid let me know that Walker wants to be a photographer, and Walker said that Savannah wanted to be a tour guide. I honestly couldn't remember if I should trust my villagers' words unless it was straight from the source--I remembered Halloween well. But my villagers also had hints for themselves, too: Lolly told me she was the second of 4 kids, and Eugene told me he wanted to be a rapper.

Once I had gotten a few notes about my villagers, I made my way to the plaza, where I found the feline version of Slenderman herself, Blanca. She told me she was going to break into my villagers' houses, disguised as them, in order to prank them. This officially makes her the most terrifying person in all of ACNL. I mean, someone who can not only break into your house, but also transform into a perfect copy of you? Sounds just like a horror movie to me. She disappeared in a puff of smoke (all the more reason to fear her!), and off she was to one of my unfortunate villagers' houses.

View attachment 234801

The first house Blanca chose to violate was Astrid's. Astrid was understandably nervous at the appearance of someone that looks exactly like her, and she wanted my help to figure out which one of them was the impostor. A note to April Fools' newcomers: your villagers can actually give you multiple hints to help you figure out which one is the real one. As long as you answer that you're unsure after you get the 2 possible choices, you can keep getting hints: this helps tremendously with villagers you don't have all the clues for. For instance, the "two Astrids" gave me the option of her birthday either being on September 6th or 8th, and I wasn't sure, so I opted to choose that I didn't know which one was real. I talked to them again, and they gave me two possible favorite sayings. I knew that Astrid's favorite saying was "the apple never falls far from the tree", so I gave the towel to the one who said their phrase was "if you can't beat them, work harder". Sure enough, I chose correctly, and Blanca disappeared into another villager's house. As thanks, Astrid gave me her picture. One down, 9 to go.

Next, Apollo was getting a taste of Blanca's trickery. The two Apollos gave me a choice of July 2nd or July 4th as Apollo's birthday, and this time, it was easy, as I know for a fact Apollo's birthday is July 4th (come on, he's a bald eagle!) Sure enough, I guessed right, Blanca left, and Apollo gave me his pic. Next, I guessed correctly that Savannah wanted to be a tour guide, not a singer (thanks, Walker!) and I was 3 for 3. Lolly was next on the list, and after a little confusion (I couldn't figure out if Lolly's talent was playing horseshoes or picking apples), I finally got Lolly's family. I knew from talking to her that she was the second of 4 kids (not the youngest of 2 kids), and sure enough, I was right. But this meant that Lolly's talent was peeling apples...I thought everyone knew how to do that? Maybe she's a baker, and likes to make apple pie or something.

View attachment 234796

The 5th villager to feel Blanca's wrath was Walker. The conversation turned to Walker's secret talent, and my choices were cleaning his plate and shadow puppetry. I distinctly remembered talking to Walker about cleaning his plate a few days ago, so I picked the puppetmaster, and went 5 for 5. Punchy was next up, and I correctly remembered that his phrase was "there's always more fish in the sea". I also learned in the process that Punchy likes staying up late...so that's why his eyes look like they do! It all makes sense now! Punchy, I'm sorry I accused you of being a pothead!!! Can you ever forgive me?!?! :'(

Mira was next, and I literally LOL'd at the exchange between the 2 Miras. They were calling each other "wafflehangers" (extra credit if you know the correct word they're talking about)! XD I literally didn't know which Mira was which for a long time: either Mira was the younger twin sister, or she was the 3rd of 6 kids. She either likes telling jokes, or photography. She either wants to be a volleyball player, or a makeup artist. Finally, we came to a question I knew: Mira's phrase, which is the adorably sweet "always help a friend in need". I was able to pick out the fake Mira, and in the process learned that Mira wants to be a makeup artist (she never seemed like that kind to me!), she likes telling jokes, and she is the youngest of twin sisters. I wonder which rabbit villager might be her twin...

View attachment 234800

Eugene was next on the list. This time, I knew the impostor right away: Eugene wants to be a guitarist, not a tycoon. Even if he did, he definitely wouldn't be a roller coaster tycoon... Rosie was next up, and this one I actually remembered from last April Fool's Day, if you can believe that! I remembered that Rosie's talent was karaoke, not "forgetting stuff", as Blanca thought. Rosie may act like a little valley girl, but she isn't that forgetful! :)

Last on my list was Al, and even though I don't care for him, I still wanted his pic. But now, I knew I was in trouble: I didn't have a clue of anything about Al, and since I didn't want to use a cheat guide, I was on my own. I did get a few clues, though: Al's birthday was either October 15th or October 18th, he either wanted to be an archeologist or a journalist, and his talent was either yo-yoing or jumping rope. I had no clue, but since Al had so much jockish stuff in his house (I know he's lazy, but still), I decided that jumping rope fit him. To my delight, I guessed right, making me 10 for 10 on April Fool's Day! Blanca was a little disappointed, but she congratulated me for being so smart, and disappeared for good.

View attachment 234798

After getting Al's pic, I headed straight up to put it in a special spot, and here's where it was. After I started to get multiple pics of my villagers a few months after starting the game, I thought it might be cool to make a museum display of all the villagers that have ever lived in my town, and here's my result. It still needs 3 pics (Roscoe, Gigi, and Olivia) which I'm trying my hardest to get here on TBT, but other than that, it's coming together very nicely. I still need to pick out some fitting carpet for the room, but other than that, I really like it. Oh, and I have K.K. as a placeholder until a new villager moves in!

View attachment 234799

And that wrapped up my day in town! I may play again tonight, but since this was a pretty long entry, I'll save it for tomorrow. I hope everyone got the pics of their favorite villagers, and have a great April Fool's Day! Bye! :)

Attachments

• 3DS Pics 026.JPG
    3DS Pics 026.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 3DS Pics 141.JPG
    3DS Pics 141.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3DS Pics 203.JPG
    3DS Pics 203.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 3DS Pics 213.JPG
    3DS Pics 213.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 3DS Pics 167.JPG
    3DS Pics 167.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 3DS Pics 089.JPG
    3DS Pics 089.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 29
I like the villainous take on Blanca. She is also dressed like a clown... ._. *shudder* It would be way creepier if she was an octopus.

Lolly DOES want to be a chef, so peeling apples really makes sense. I bet she's a pro.
And come on, Mira's face is one big makeup mask. xD Although she did want to go to a town that has turf wars...right? I admit that doesn't make much sense, haha.

Also, I love the museum room idea! Like a little tribute to every villager that left a footprint in your town. Mind if I steal that? ;D

Oh yeah, she's evil alright. Faceless, clown suit, breaks into houses, transforms into evil doppelgangers...the only thing missing is a chainsaw and a hockey mask. XD

Of course I don't mind! It would be very interesting to see which villagers have inhabited Storrs as well!

Blanca has been creeping me out since the GC days. She was a lot nicer, back then, but the whole concept is just wrong.

The villagers' little pranks are cute. Some of my crew came up with some fun ones.

Your Museum showcase is very nice. It almost makes me wish I was more willing to let my villagers move out. ;)

Back