459 NMT Island Encounters. Here's the data I collected.

ChocolateShiba

local street dog
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So, I set out to hunt for Audie and Raymond via NMTs. I decided to write down every villager I encountered just because I thought it would be fun. There are a few things I wish I kept track of, like the date & time in game but eh.

I did 459 trips to different islands.

Of the 459 trips, this is the data which personalities I encountered the most and which villager of that personality as well;

1586985435828.png

This is the data for each gender, I am not at all surprised for the highest male/female villagers I encountered;

1586985488048.png

This is the data for every species + most common villager I met as well;

1586985537230.png

So, did I encounter Audie and Raymond on the islands? Nope! Not once! Audie ended up being gifted to me and Raymond was acquired via the campsite trick. I want to thank everyone on the TBT discord who sat around with me for a few days while I hunted those two down. The information I collected was fun, I'm stuck at home due to COVID19 and needed something to keep my brain going.

I have a document with more information here; it includes the list of every villager I met on every run I did.

:)

It's pretty interesting how often you get certain villagers, it's like some villagers are pulled from the pool and given a higher rate of appearing, I wonder why that is...

:'') I saw Renee so many times, I am sick of her lmao

I'm curiously, do you have a breakdown on what days you encountered these villagers? Like if Renee was frequently encountered on one or two days or something. I'm wonder if a pool for villagers to appear is rolled daily or something. You encountered Octavian a lot too.

Thank you for sharing this information! I went on a similar hunt for Raymond (except I had no smug currently on my island). I spent a little over 170 tickets before I acquired him through another forum and oddly, Octavian was my most commonly encountered villager too at 4 appearances! My personality distribution was fairly similar too.

I'm curiously, do you have a breakdown on what days you encountered these villagers? Like if Renee was frequently encountered on one or two days or something. I'm wonder if a pool for villagers to appear is rolled daily or something. You encountered Octavian a lot too.

That's a good point!

Wait, what's the campsite trick?

Find a day when a camper comes to your island (Isabelle tells you). Go see who the camper is. If it's someone you want, invite them. If not, either way you're going to TT ahead one week, I personally would join and save since it's enough time for a villager to ask to move. Then TT day by day and wait for Isabelle to say there's another camper. You don't have to join and save every day, if she doesn't say there's a camper just force quit. If she does, go see who it is. Same as before, if it's someone you want, invite them, if not just save and quit and repeat the TTing a week and then day by day. It took me a few hours vs. few days I had been going to find Raymond.

Yesterday I was lucky to get Audie on my first ticket, and today I got Raymond on my 49th, but considering I've burned around 250ish NMT before it's always in the air. Octavian does stalk me too tho

Wow. I used probably right around the same amount of tickets (maybe a few more? definitely less than 500) and encountered Audie, Judy, Raymond, and Sherb. I really did get good RNG. Although it was over the course of 2-3 days and I did ask each of them to move in so it wasn't exactly all in a row like your data. Seeing who people encounter is really interesting. I also saw Octavian a ton of times.

wow, that's a lot of tickets lol
what is it with octopi appearing on islands so much? I haven't encountered one myself (i've been on like about maybe 20-30 in total) but I keep seeing people saying how often they appear, even though there's only 3 of them????//

oh and also, did you keep track of how many hybrid islands you came across? I've come across about 3 in my time so you must have a lifetime supply if you decided to keep them lmao

This made me lose a lot of hope...

I do plan on doing the same kind of tracking when I start my venture for Raymond. Maybe I should track the time and day as well...

Did you already have 1 of each personality on your island when making the trek or were you missing one? I have heard that if a certain personality is missing, it will be more common in your campsite. I just wonder if the islands will have the same?

what is it with octopi appearing on islands so much? I haven't encountered one myself (i've been on like about maybe 20-30 in total) but I keep seeing people saying how often they appear, even though there's only 3 of them????//
I hadn't seen anyone say that yet, that's interesting. I've personally only been to NMT islands while looking for villagers like 30 times, and I've encountered Octavian 3-4 times, Zucker 2-3 times, and Marina once.

I hadn't seen anyone say that yet, that's interesting. I've personally only been to NMT islands while looking for villagers like 30 times, and I've encountered Octavian 3-4 times, Zucker 2-3 times, and Marina once.
I have been to around 70 islands during villager looks. (...more without looking at villagers...)
Zucker once (but i adopted him first time seeing him)
Octavian twice.
Marina once

Did you already have 1 of each personality on your island when making the trek or were you missing one? I have heard that if a certain personality is missing, it will be more common in your campsite. I just wonder if the islands will have the same?

I was mostly hunting for Audie when I did this. I didn't have a peppy on my usland

Find a day when a camper comes to your island (Isabelle tells you). Go see who the camper is. If it's someone you want, invite them. If not, either way you're going to TT ahead one week, I personally would join and save since it's enough time for a villager to ask to move. Then TT day by day and wait for Isabelle to say there's another camper. You don't have to join and save every day, if she doesn't say there's a camper just force quit. If she does, go see who it is. Same as before, if it's someone you want, invite them, if not just save and quit and repeat the TTing a week and then day by day. It took me a few hours vs. few days I had been going to find Raymond.

This applies only to after your first camper, right?

Back