• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

∙ Thread Removed ∙

Super cute! I especially love the first one. I make pixels myself, but I've never really attempted a background like that. Well done!! c:

Making that leap from tracing to free-hand is a super hard one to make. You should be really proud of yourself! There is a stigma in the art community against not using references and that kind of thing, but remember that all art is derived from real life so keeping an eye on that is important. Also re: emailing them to yourself: if you want to retain the colors used in the app, using Snipping Tool may be an idea. Also, super vibrant isn't always the way you want to go. I personally think that's a really great saturation of color you've got there; too much, and it starts to overwhelm the viewer.

I really love the design of the cat. It's so gosh darn cute :p But unless their fur goes from grey to black to white, I'd remove that black outline you have around the grey on their face. I'd make the transition lines from the face to the ears less dark, but not white; there would be some distance there, and it's good to represent that I think, but at the moment it's a touch too stark. Cat pic #1 is my favorite of the three. The smile/eyes feels a touch too large on #2, and the tail's floating a bit. I'd cover more of the face with the arms in #3, and since they're looking straight on, we would see the pink in both of their ears.

As for the girl, the eyes are super cute! The hair feels like it cuts off once it goes behind her neck (the hair is very well done otherwise though), and she feels like she should be falling off of whatever she's sitting on.

Overall, this is a very good first attempt! You should be proud of yourself! Remember that if you keep working, you'll really see some amazing improvement. The most important thing is for you to keep making content. You can do this <3

Making that leap from tracing to free-hand is a super hard one to make. You should be really proud of yourself! There is a stigma in the art community against not using references and that kind of thing, but remember that all art is derived from real life so keeping an eye on that is important. Also re: emailing them to yourself: if you want to retain the colors used in the app, using Snipping Tool may be an idea. Also, super vibrant isn't always the way you want to go. I personally think that's a really great saturation of color you've got there; too much, and it starts to overwhelm the viewer.

I really love the design of the cat. It's so gosh darn cute :p But unless their fur goes from grey to black to white, I'd remove that black outline you have around the grey on their face. I'd make the transition lines from the face to the ears less dark, but not white; there would be some distance there, and it's good to represent that I think, but at the moment it's a touch too stark. Cat pic #1 is my favorite of the three. The smile/eyes feels a touch too large on #2, and the tail's floating a bit. I'd cover more of the face with the arms in #3, and since they're looking straight on, we would see the pink in both of their ears.

As for the girl, the eyes are super cute! The hair feels like it cuts off once it goes behind her neck (the hair is very well done otherwise though), and she feels like she should be falling off of whatever she's sitting on.

Overall, this is a very good first attempt! You should be proud of yourself! Remember that if you keep working, you'll really see some amazing improvement. The most important thing is for you to keep making content. You can do this <3

Thank you so much! Read every word- taking notes for future reference. You made some great points that I never noticed/thought about, and I really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Back