Purple Bunny Balloon
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
1GmpSnG.png

“Hippity-hoppity wish-wash-whoa!”

This year we are eggcited to introduce the Egg Decorating Contest!

People who aren't good at riddles have voiced that they feel disadvantaged in our annual egg hunt. So this year for the first time we are offering an alternative way to earn the coveted egg currency. By entering you are guaranteed to be able to afford at least one egg collectible during our Easter event this year. Riddle-lovers please do not panic! TBT's Seventh Annual Egg Hunt is scheduled to run over Easter weekend as per usual so please look forward to that.

To enter you need to decorate an egg and submit a photograph of it (along with a name card containing your forum username) to the Contest Submissions board by Monday April 22nd at 11:59PM EST in order to receive the entry prize of 3 bonus Egg currency. The best eggs will be nominated by the TBT staff members and will be put forward to a poll. You, the community, will then vote to determine who on the forum is the best egg decorator! Anyone who is nominated will receive an additional 4 bonus Egg currency and 50 forum bells on top of the entry prize. Finally, larger forum bell bonuses and collectibles will be awarded to the top three egg decorators.

Please make sure to read the requirements and limitations of this contest carefully. Eggnorance is not an eggcceptable eggcuse and may result in your entry being disqualified.

Directions

• Hard boil an egg. You'll want to leave it in the pan for approximately 10 minutes to ensure it's hard enough to withstand the decorating process. If you aren't allowed to use the cooker unsupervised please ask an adult to help you.
  • Leave the egg to cool completely.
  • Decorate your egg using paint and any traditional craft materials (e.g. glitter, card, wool, felt, etc). Please see the FAQs below for more specifics on what may or may not be used to decorate your egg.
  • Take a photograph of your decorated egg along with a name card containing your forum username. This must be a physical name card and if it looks as if it has been digitally edited in you will be asked to retake the photograph.
  • Create a new thread in the Contest Submissions board containing the photograph of your decorated egg.
  • Optional: post the picture in this thread to share it with other users!

Requirements

• You must use a real bird egg. Chicken or duck is recommended.
  • If you wish to use quail eggs you must decorate three instead of one.
  • You may not digitally enhance your entry so no PhotoShop, filters, or stickers.
  • For your own safety please do not consume the egg after.

Rules

• Only one entry per person.
  • Once your entry has been submitted it cannot be edited.
  • The entry must be made completely by yourself. No plagiarism and no collaborations.
  • Do not enhance your entries with filters or graphics programmes.
  • Please put effort into your submission. If we think your entry lacks effort, or has been submitted as a yolk, then it'll be disqualified.
  • Keep content suitable for a PG-13 audience. If it would breach our Rules & Guidelines then it's not suitable here.
  • Entries that fail to meet the requirements will not be accepted.

Submission

When your entry is finished, submit it by creating a new thread in the Contest Submissions board! Please remember to include a name card to prove that it belongs to you. Your entry cannot be edited after it has been submitted.

Entries must be submitted by Monday April 22nd at 11:59PM EST.

Prizes

• First Place:
    - First Place Trophy collectible
    - An egg collectible of your choice released in any year
    - 400 Bells

• Second Place:
    - Second Place Trophy collectible
    - 200 Bells

• Third Place:
    - Third Place Trophy collectible
    - 100 Bells

• Nominated:
    - 4 Bonus Egg currency, usable in conjunction with the Entry Prize to purchase a medium-priced egg in TBT's Seventh Annual Egg Hunt
    - 50 Bells

• Entry Prize:
    - 3 Bonus Egg currency, usable to purchase a low-priced egg in TBT's Seventh Annual Egg Hunt

Note: All bonus Egg currency will be distributed after the hunt ends and cannot be used to purchase the Golden Egg. The Golden Egg is excluded from the winner's choice prizes. Bonus Egg currency can be used in combination with currency from the hunt to purchase a more expensive prize.

FAQs

Can I share my egg here in the thread?
Of course! Just make sure to submit it to the Contest Submissions board too to make sure you are entered into the contest.

What can I use to decorate my egg?
If you really want to make your egg stand out then glitter, craft paper, pipe cleaners, stick-on eyes, cotton wool, and similar items are all acceptable to add to your egg.

What can't I use to decorate my egg?
If it's not a traditional craft material or you didn't make it yourself then it's prohibited. e.g. if you were to glue a toy hat on your egg then this would not be okay because you didn't make the hat yourself. If you're unsure about a material you wish to use then feel free to ask.

How can I present my egg?
An egg cup or carton may be used. Alternatively you could make something simple to hold your egg. The purpose of the contest is the decorating of the egg itself thus nominations will not made based on how well the holder complements the egg or how pretty the background of your photograph may be.

Does it need to be a real egg?
Yes. Bird, specifically.

Are goose eggs allowed?
Yes, but you will not receive any bonuses or extra consideration for decorating a larger egg.

Why do I need to enter three quail eggs when people who use chicken or duck eggs only have to enter one?
This is due to quail eggs being significantly smaller; this is not discrimination against quails. Please do not march for quail rights, thank you.

Can I use an alternative to a birds egg?
No you may not.

I cannot enter this contest for ethical reasons.
An alternative that does not involve animal products would alter the difficulty curve of this event and is thus not accepted. There will be another opportunity to gain the egg currency during TBT's Seventh Annual Egg Hunt which will take place over Easter weekend, so please look forward to that.

Last edited:
Does this mean no easter egg hunt?

"usable to purchase a low-priced egg in TBT's Seventh Annual Egg Hunt"

Nevermind

Last edited:
This is really cool! Glad you guys are doing more of these interactive tasks instead of lame egg searching.

Well, other than that. I do have an egg on my mind, its pretty obvious. (Avatar, Signature. Hint Hint. Unless I change it.)

this sounds fun! a little disappointed that we have to use real eggs (not to be that 'guy') as i'm currently vegan but maybe i'll steal some from a family member or friend and then try really hard to make better ethical decisions for a while so i don't feel bad haha, still, sounds like a fun event, thank you for putting it on : ) time to put my thinking hat on

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this extra surprise we're putting on this year... and helps to explain why our friendly cuddly bunny entered the banner this morning a little earlier than normal!

Sweet quiche, I mean eggs. And yeah defo happy this is an option...some clues are just cruel man.

Totally gonna do this, hope I can find some cheap decoration stuff, they are kinda pricey here :c

also can i urge people to buy free range i hate myself, but the egg industry is very unethical, also free range is still pretty terrible so please research your eggs : ) lmao don't block me

this event is so lovely, it’s great having an alternative way to earn the egg currency and it’s super well thought out! i can’t wait to come up with a design, however i gotta ask, ik the op states any birds eggs are ok but are goose eggs allowed? i’m just asking as they can be significantly larger than a chickens egg!

also laddies and lassies pls buy free range eggs if possible if u don’t have pet chickens/birds!

KRACKO EGG KRACKO EGG KRACKO EGG
(watch it's too hard and I abandon it halfway through lol)

Tina your new avatar is so cute!!!

This a super awesome idea and I like the fact that the top 3 winners can choose ANY Easter Egg (besides the Golden Egg if I read the rules correctly)! :D

Well. I could recreate the Starpower Easter Egg, but that's already been made. But i'll try and make it, but it won't be an entry here.

I really want the Starpower Easter Egg to be remade here and not a joke.

I don't think any of that matters, the eggs will be used whether you like it or not. You aint solving anything by not using them.

Back to the topic of the thread, I need suggestions. Should I do Dio and Jotaro or their stands as eggs?

Last edited:
also can i urge people to buy free range i hate myself, but the egg industry is very unethical, also free range is still pretty terrible so please research your eggs : ) lmao don't block me

I'm just gonna take whatever eggs available I think they mostly sell inside or outside "free range" here anyway only. Most industries are pretty cruel and I don't support violent activism and threatening regular farmers but I understand your thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back