• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are hackers annoying to you online?

Mr_Persona

🤍🌌✨🌌🤍
Bells
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Aurora Sky
Red Super Star Trophy
Eerie Star Potion
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Purple Bat Potion
so yeah do you hate hackers who keep showing their hacking skills on the island?
For me its pretty annoying when people hack on the island and show off and also stops ppl from leaving the island, which isnt nice at all.
Have you guys ever got stuck on an island from a hacker?
I did couple of times...
It can get pretty bad or dangerous being online sometimes

Remember be careful online in ACNL

Last edited:
I’ve run into a couple hackers on the island.

They really just put some bells down for the other players there, did some funny stuff
(one of them ate a cedar tree like a food item, which absolutely killed me) and then left.
Pretty nice people :)

If I ever ran into one who could cause harm to a person’s save file, I’d immediately hit the power button :mad: (2ds so I have to take the longer way), but watching a hacker put down a tree, someone get stuck inside said tree and then proceed to yell “I AM GROOT” is a hilarious experience ^-^

It’s not annoying or a problem to me unless they bully someone or can mess with their towns/characters. I really couldn’t care less about losing that club-tortimer-exclusive item or beetles if I’m too busy laughing about them standing inside walls with their head poking out to even realize I’ll have to hunt what I was looking for again.

Last edited:
I’ve run into a couple hackers on the island.

They really just put some bells down for the other players there, did some funny stuff
(one of them ate a cedar tree like a food item, which absolutely killed me) and then left.
Pretty nice people :)

If I ever ran into one who could cause harm to a person’s save file, I’d immediately hit the power button :mad: (2ds so I have to take the longer way), but watching a hacker put down a tree, someone get stuck inside said tree and then proceed to yell “I AM GROOT” is a hilarious experience ^-^

It’s not annoying or a problem to me unless they bully someone or can mess with their towns/characters. I really couldn’t care less about losing that club-tortimer-exclusive item or beetles if I’m too busy laughing about them standing inside walls with their head poking out to even realize I’ll have to hunt what I was looking for again.

Lucky you
I use to run in nice hackers, but now these months pass by I meet pretty rude hackers now. I miss the days when i use to meet nice ppl, but now its over.

Someone did almost trap me with trees they pulled out of their pockets. A few others kept spamming weird emotes so we couldn't leave, even with the Kapp'n pic on the lower screen, made things lag too much. That was a while ago though.

I haven't had any issues with hackers so far. I don't tend to visit Club Tortimer very much anymore, mostly due it being kind of dead as of late. I don't really care if I play with one or not, as long as they aren't giving me hacked items or negatively affecting my town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They really just put some bells down for the other players there, did some funny stuff (one of them ate a cedar tree like a food item, which absolutely killed me) and then left.

Wait, were they eating a sapling, or did they seriously pull out a full-sized tree and start eating it? I really hope it's the latter.

I haven't had any issues with hackers so far. I don't tend to visit Club Tortimer very much anymore, mostly due it being kind of dead as of late. I don't really care if I play with one or not, as long as they aren't giving me hacked items or negatively affecting my town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, were they eating a sapling, or did they seriously pull out a full-sized tree and start eating it? I really hope it's the latter.

Yes hackers can actually eat a full size tree

A full-grown cedar tree. Just pulled it out of their pocket and started eating it like it was an apple

I just try to imagine that, would have love to see this.

I never had to deal with any annoying hackers at all, as I also never spent time on Club Tortimer at
all. In general I have no problem with hackers, as long as they are friendly and have no bad intentions.

I haven't met an annoying hacker as of yet, though I don't really go to the island anymore. I've met some nice hackers but I was always a bit cautious. Generally I don't really have a problem with them as long as they have good intentions.

People hack on the island? I must have stopped playing this game before hacking became a thing. I would definitely find it annoying because they would really only be hacking to show off. It?s immature to hack like that online without a real purpose.

I remember when I used to hack on Mario Kart Wii a very, very long time ago that you could either receive a permanent ban or a suspension if Nintendo caught you hacking online. We had bypass codes to get around the ban, but is it the same on Animal Crossing? Can Nintendo ban you for hacking? Just my curiousity, haha.

Last edited:
We had bypass codes to get around the ban, but is it the same on Animal Crossing? Can Nintendo ban you for hacking? Just my curiousity, haha.
Yes they can. I used to browse animal crossing general in 4chan bc my ex at the time was from there, and I saw the posts with a picture a couple times, in which the character is annoyed for getting the message at station ( with Porter ) that says they can't connect to the online server due to ban. The person was kind of loud about their hack, and other person told him that they reported him to Nintendo. Then server rejected his connection after that. So, it seems like Ninendo does it at times.

I have never met a hacker who did hacking in front of me, either in my town or on CT (because I've never been to CT and I probably never will). I'd be very annoyed if I invited someone over to my town and they started pulling out random hacking tricks without telling me in advance that they were a hacker and that they were going to do that, as entertaining as it might be to see someone swallow a tree. I'd be confused and worried that something might happen and it could ruin my town. As long as they announce themselves beforehand and don't have any bad intentions I guess it's fine. Same with trading. Hackers should also say if a flower is hacked or not because it's a pain when you find out the flowers you bought can't breed because they are hacked.

i’ve actually never encountered any hackers online thankfully but i’m actually a little worried, is there a way to “disconnect” with the new ds? i used to flip the switch with my old ds when playing online with other people don’t turn out good, but with the new ds i can’t seem to ever disconnect at will.

i’ve actually never encountered any hackers online thankfully but i’m actually a little worried, is there a way to “disconnect” with the new ds? i used to flip the switch with my old ds when playing online with other people don’t turn out good, but with the new ds i can’t seem to ever disconnect at will.

hmm all i can think of is powering off your 3ds while on the island.

I mean, if they are trapping others and preventing them from leaving, then that isn't good. If they are just planting money trees and doing other harmless stuff then they are not annoying. I haven't seen any hackers on the island yet.

yah its insanely annoying when the hacker is an idiot and either wont let you leave the island, or he decides your his guinea pig and he has the right to trap you with trees, and those flowers with the fly's...he got really annoying at least i was stuck on the island with another sane person so we just chatted for awhile in tell the hacker finally let us go, but what we didnt know was the the hacker was just tring to get us to go inside so he could make some sorta maze when we got back because he some how hacked it where you couldnt leave so we went back out and were know trapped again at this moment i errored so i hope my friend did too! but yah hackers are insane.

yah its insanely annoying when the hacker is an idiot and either wont let you leave the island, or he decides your his guinea pig and he has the right to trap you with trees, and those flowers with the fly's...he got really annoying at least i was stuck on the island with another sane person so we just chatted for awhile in tell the hacker finally let us go, but what we didnt know was the the hacker was just tring to get us to go inside so he could make some sorta maze when we got back because he some how hacked it where you couldnt leave so we went back out and were know trapped again at this moment i errored so i hope my friend did too! but yah hackers are insane.

yeah i had to deal with that a lot
its just so stupid

I know I came across hackers on the island before (their TPC) but they never really interact with me. Then again, not alot of people who go there interact with me, that is when I do finally come across someone.

Back