• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you write in your letters?

Zireael

Diamond Dust
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Zen Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I've been grinding the gold badge for letter writing and it's getting kind of tiresome lol. I'm curious; what do you all write in your letters to your villagers? Do you write random crap or is there any particular method you swear by?

At first I was actually putting some thought into it by matching stationery sets to my villagers (fun fact: they actually comment on it and thank you, I was surprised!), then I fill up the whole space with what I planned to build or plant around their house, just general landscaping ideas. I found it helped me remember my plans better and reinforce whatever idea I had in mind at the time. But now that's getting kind of boring so I've been sending junk like "herro grill u a real qt bb" and that's that. Done.

Of course, I try to make my first ever letter to a villager special since they like to remind you of it every so often. If only I had known this when I wrote my first letter to Phoebe... Damn musical paper blasts the Metroid item acquisition theme at me every time because that was my town tune back then. Never using that paper again

So, I'm curious. Share your letters. :)

I can't remember any letters word for word, but most of them are pretty sarcastic or me basically demanding that a villager do this or that lol

With the mayor I usually write to thank them for the visit or invite to their house or for staying in my town.

My extra players do have fun with the villagers. One player wrote in all Caps and put each word on one line. Stop trying to move. Got it Dude. O'Hare loves that letter.

Sent them the crossword puzzle one that a villager can send you. Mine was What is a three letter word, starts with R and is a color?

For the baking normal villagers I've asked for help with baking. Used 12 eggs making a cake and it's running on the floor. What did I do wrong and can you bring a mop?

Sent letters after dancing with the villager at a club. Mentioned how much fun it was.
Sent letters to villagers when my extra player couldn't play. Told them that I've been studying for exams or busy with work.

I don't really write letters, but when I'm in the mood, I'll normally write really random stuff. Just gibberish, really.

I make sure the first letter I sent show my love and care (or lack of) towards my villager and then the others can range between sarcastic remarks to blank letters with gifts.

Sometimes I send song lyrics when I'm really bored. Sometimes I roast my villagers, sometimes I confess my love to my faves through passionate poems of adoration. Sometimes I just say a simple "What up, boo" or "Here I got this for you, take it. (And you better not sell it or I'll kick your ass)" Idk. Writing letters is boring tbh, I just do whatever comes to mind lol

I used to put a lot of effort in my letters. Then I found out the AI doesn't really seem to mind what you write as long as there is a word on each line, so basically I write:

I
hope
You
Are
Doing
Well

..And stuff like that (and it works!). I do, however, put more effort into the first letter I send to a villager, with something generic like "I really hope you enjoy your time in our quaint village. Mind the flowers and the rules and we should have no problem. I hope we become fast friends".

Last edited:
i always write
"Dear (villager name here),
i no longer wish to know you
you give bottom dwellers a bad name
Insincerely, the President"

I usually just send song lyrics at this point. It's always quite a treat when I've given them the lyrics to "Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People" or something and they tell me what a wonderful and heartfelt letter it was. :p However, I know I must have written real letters in the beginning, because lately Wolfgang and Olivia (who I've had since my town's beginning) keep showing me my first letter to them and they have actual content lol. (Sort of. Wolfgang's is something along the lines of, "I saw you watering flowers earlier. I wish I had a watering can, too" and Olivia's is something about, "I'm really surprised I don't have to work for Tom Nook.")

Though now I've got my dreamies in my town so I'm trying to come up with what to send them that won't make me cringe in 3 years, haha. But once I get the ever-important first letters out of the way, it'll definitely just be song lyrics. Those are what I used to get the writing badge.

I write a single letter or even just a punctuation mark. It doesn't need to be well thought out if all you're doing is grinding.

I usually just write very badly whats going on around me at the time like "ello my musick os loud toay and fisghuj is swimmmy heppily" and just send stuff like that to everyone

*Sees favorite villager wearing the horrible duck shirt* "Nooo"
*Then quickly runs off to main street to reorder their original shirt from the catalog*
*Writes a letter* "[Villager name], please change your shirt to this ASAP or else! Bye"

i rarely write letters now, but if i do it's just sending them gifts with gibberish or when i'm really bored i'll send them love letters
i remember on ww i would send letters all the time telling everyone they were ugly & i'd kill them with a bunch of swear words
i found it hilarious

Yeah I'm pretty much the same as everyone else - I put effort into the first letter, but anything after that is usually just nonsense?? I like to write like one line and place it in the centre of the letter so it still looks nice. But I bet the villagers don't like that so much. If I'm sending them some clothes I'd like them to wear, I'll put like 'Hey. Your new clothes are hideous. Please wear this.' And then my letters get increasingly aggravated as they continue to not wear the new clothes I send them.

I generally put a lot of effort into my letters and try to come up with unique subjects for each of them. I have no idea why. I know there's no benefit to it or anything but I find it satisfying when my letters feel special.

I'm really lonely and my villagers are like my friends so I put a lot of effort in my letters and tell them how my life is going

before the mew coupons introduction I never wrote letters
writing is just boring if the villagers can't react to your words
now I just write short things like "gift" "here's a gift" and such just to reach my goal
so dull and meaningless...

Last edited:
Usually write about current events in town. I try to make them light and humorous. If someone's wearing something I can't stand, I'll write them about it. I'll joke about trying to get other villagers out. Anything really. :D

I rarely write letters but when I do, I like to write differently to each villager. I try to choose subjects they'd like to read about. Normal villagers get letters where I explain minor things that happened to me that day and lazy villagers get letters about food and relaxing and that kind of things. Some are more humorous than others. I just think it's more fun that way.

Last edited:
Back