when ur friends obviously hate u

Well uh, sounds to me like it goes both ways. If you put across that you don't really care that they haven't spoken to you for a while then that just gives them even more reason not to bother speaking to you. If you want to continue being friends with them then someone has to be the bigger person (and it looks like that person's going to have to be you) otherwise it's just going to be awkward and cold and never get better.

Yeah, you're right. I think I've really tried being the bigger person, but it hasn't really worked out. Guess I'll have to tell them that I don't want things to be this way, and that I'm "breaking up", even though that sounds kind of weird haha :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had a best friend of mine ignore me cause I was depressed and her ignoring me only made my depression worse and worse eventually she told me that I was boring and that she didn't like talking to me anymore, this really stab a knife into my heart she was my best friend we've been friends since 2008 she stopped being my friend in 2012

I was always there whenever she needed me but she wasn't there when I needed her I would listen to her problems and I would help her out with them I would make her smile and laugh whenever she was feeling down, I would basically ignore all my negative feelings just to make her happy.​

I'm so sorry about your friend, that sucks. I was really depressed and that was when my friends started ignoring me, too. Idk it really sucks when the people you think are your best friends turn out to not be just as nice as you thought they were...

I've had known someone who I've talked with for roughly a year now, due to my tendency to being a liar, the friendship slowly diminished.
I've tried bringing it back up, but I feel all my attempts prove fruitless and only end up making it worse due to careless mistakes.
They have said they don't hate me, but sometimes I wonder if the lie in those words outweigh the truth.
I mean, hating someone usually is easier than liking them under most circumstances.

If they hated the Kik chat thing then why do they have it and sign in to it? Sounds like they are intentionally ignoring you so that when they come back you'll be really happy to see them and boost their ego. It's childish and rude.

I would personally drop them. Basically just stop trying to talk to them online and if they try and talk with you tell them you're done with their selfishness. I'm sure they would prefer to be the one leaving instead of getting left, but everyone feels that way. If they were your friend, they would treat you like one, and they haven't.

As for the other friends you like, keep in touch with them. You don't have to be friends with everyone in the group. If they ask why you're no longer friends, tell them the truth. They will respect that and maybe do the same if they are being treated the same way.
Tbh this is just really good advice. I can't even think of anything to add. They're just treating you unfairly and that's not fair on you.

It seems to me like you don't really enjoy this kind of friendship either. People grow and when you're once friends that doesn't mean you're friends for a life time. I can understand for both you and your friends that it's hard to end such an friendship and that ignoring is the easiest thing to do right know, but as said by other people, someone has to do it. You can't just keep ignoring eachother and letting this non-excisting friendship go on.
Friendship is about giving and taking and when that doesn't work out you should just not call it a friendship, in my opinion. Also to Nebudelic, with all the respect but in my opinion it's no good if you let yourself be dependent on 1 or a couple of persons (friends), you've your own life and they have their own life.
Anyway, it's good if you enlarge your social circle a bit. Although it's of course all to own preference, relying on a couple of friends is, as I said, not a good case in my opinion. Go out there, talk to people and make some new friends. Don't constantly think back to those people who your friends were and don't blame them for having the same as you have: not a connection with each other anymore.

Last edited:
im the *****y friend who starts fights w/ friends who dislike me so just yell at them tbh. Fight them. U dont need them

It seems to me like you don't really enjoy this kind of friendship either. People grow and when you're once friends that doesn't mean you're friends for a life time. I can understand for both you and your friends that it's hard to end such an friendship and that ignoring is the easiest thing to do right know, but as said by other people, someone has to do it. You can't just keep ignoring eachother and letting this non-excisting friendship go on.
Friendship is about giving and taking and when that doesn't work out you should just not call it a friendship, in my opinion. Also to Nebudelic, with all the respect but in my opinion it's no good if you let yourself be dependent on 1 or a couple of persons (friends), you've your own life and they have their own life.
Anyway, it's good if you enlarge your social circle a bit. Although it's of course all to own preference, relying on a couple of friends is, as I said, not a good case in my opinion. Go out there, talk to people and make some new friends. Don't constantly think back to those people who your friends were and don't blame them for having the same as you have: not a connection with each other anymore.

that's some pretty great advice, tysm :> i'll have to figure out a nice-ish way to tell them that i cant do this anymore, but yeah.

that's some pretty great advice, tysm :> i'll have to figure out a nice-ish way to tell them that i cant do this anymore, but yeah.

Instead of being the nice guy, be honest for once. Just tell them something along the lines of: Look guys, this isn't going to work anymore and we all know that. Instead of ignoring let's just break contact. I'm sure they'll appreciate it and if they don't then they're just not ready for facing the reality.

in high school i was in a group of friends (who were childhood friends) and emotionally we all drifted apart, but still hung out so it was super aggravating being around each other. I later stopped hanging out with them and met new people.

Meeting new people may seem hard, but talking and just being nice is a great start

i had a nice group of friends in high school, but during senior year, i guess we just started drifting apart. it was so awkward when some of them started making plans in front of me and didn't invite me?? but yeah, sometimes you just need to move on. some relationships don't last, but the ones that do really give you insight on what's worth your time :)

Last edited:
Lol just leave
I personally hate when people read over my stuff, I had a few incidents when I'm venting or I'm have one of my meltdowns and I just get a read over or that they were "busy" or some short hand reply like "omg". Some people are fine with this sort of thing but I'm not. Even I tell people I don't feel like talking or if I do read over I'll be sure to respond later. You need new friends lol, sht I'll be your friend.

i do that to a lot of people tbh, but i dont think its something worth getting ticked off over. for most people, its for the purpose of not wanting to hurt people and saying rude things, so they just keep quiet about it. they wont be your friends for a lifetime, so just try making other friends

if you have no other options, confront them about all the b-tchy things they did. i understand if you dont want to for the sake of keeping friends..but its better to be alone than to suffer

//edit
i read over your post more carefully and based off that, im guessing you're in middle/elementary school. how long you've known your friends doesnt mean anything at all, but the things you guys to together does. ex; i have at most twenty acquaintances ive known for 6-8 years. i still talk to them these days, but we never put effort into our friendships so the bonding between us never happened. then i have this friend i've known for just a year, our friendship isnt one sided so it worked out and we love eachothers company. in other words, he's pretty much one of my closest friends despite the short amount of time ive known him for - i hope this gets the message across. as i already mentioned, there's no point in hanging out with people if you know they hate you; i cant put together a reason as to why they would, but i say just leave them. they dont deserve your friendship--its your choice though

Last edited:
idk if it really does seem like they hate you then just drop em tbh better to be alone than be with peeps who actually hate you

i have bigger groups of friends like that too, and i don't talk to them anymore. things change and so do people. it really has nothing to with me hating them, i just don't have time to talk to them and i've made new friends. sometimes i'm that shltty person who just disappears and stops and answering, but other times it's the other way around.
chances are they don't hate you, they may have changed and drifted away. it happens.

Back