What is your favorite way to make bells in the game?

I want to do that too! I have so much stuff, I'm thinking instead of just doing a giveaway to see if anyone wants what I have!

That's a great idea! I've been tempted to do this as well, I'm just such a lazy butt about it.

Also: another great way to make bells for me has been selling hybrids. I'm actually thinking about being a bit more serious about it, since blue roses are pretty profitable given that they start breeding like crazy once you have a few of them.

My favorite way to make a whole lot of bells very easily and very quickly? Turnips!

Although, I really honestly enjoy selling items to other users on the Retail forum. I feel a lot more accomplished after completing a bunch of sales and seeing how much my bank account has increased~ It takes a loooot more time and effort, though, which I don't always have.

Turnips. Not buying and selling turnips, but by getting generous tips from others that come to sell in my town. The most I've ever gotten was about 70m from the price being 597.

Last edited:
I like to go bug catching at the island :) I never have done turnips before, but I wanna try it. Its a little risky though.

catching bugs and sharks on the island and selling tbt bells for in-game bells :D

i never got around to get involved in that whole turnip business. might start now.

Turnips because I have no time to beetle farm enough to get a payout that compares to my turnip payout that and beetle farming bores me to death

Beetle Farming. It was always turnips and selling fruit in the old games but I haven't done much of either in this one. Selling some rare items earns you a quick buck, but I am a massive hoarder.

This is the first time in Animal Crossing where I haven't become extremely rich after playing so long though. Everytime I earn a few millions I always spend it on trading and auctions and stuff. I'm constantly poor in New Leaf.

Last edited:
Most of my bells are made from selling things on Re-Tail here, but if I'm low I'll beetle hunt. I've never tried the stalk market before.

As I have not liked any form of grinding in any game, I don't really have a 'favourite' way to earn my Bells. My main income is catching bugs on the island, though.

Back