Rcok Band costs mucho dinero...

DarthGohan1 said:
UltraByte said:
Wii... I REALLY want a 360 though for three very important things:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Rcok Band costs mucho dinero...
You don't HAVE to buy every instrument you know...

I have a Wii, Kinda a PS3, and soon to have a 360.

UltraByte said:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Mass Effect = apparently not as good as hyped
Assassin's Creed = same
Rock Band = ...looks pretty good actually

If you don't buy every instrument, might as well just get Guitar Hero or one of the Karaoke games...

DarthGohan1 said:
If you don't buy every instrument, might as well just get Guitar Hero or one of the Karaoke games...
Well you and a bunch of friends could each get the game and a different one, so that you could all go over to someone's house and play...

Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Assassin's Creed = same
What I heard was

Mass Effect = The game will not be good if you try to treat it as a shooter and not as an RPG, but if you play it and plan out your fights (like you did in KotoR) then it will be good.

Assassin's Creed = Amazing, but you can't rush through it to have fun, you should play it slowly and do as much as you can.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Assassin's Creed = same
What I heard was

Mass Effect = The game will not be good if you try to treat it as a shooter and not as an RPG, but if you play it and plan out your fights (like you did in KotoR) then it will be good.

Assassin's Creed = Amazing, but you can't rush through it to have fun, you should play it slowly and do as much as you can.
I heard that Mass Effect just plainly didn't deliver. Didn't hear any specifics.

And as for Assassin's Creed, I specifically heard REALLY frustrating controls.

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Assassin's Creed = same
What I heard was

I heard that Mass Effect just plainly didn't deliver. Didn't hear any specifics.

And as for Assassin's Creed, I specifically heard REALLY frustrating controls.
I've heard the opposite for both. And I think I win, because I heard both of these from people I actually know (I.e. my best friend). I actually heard the controls for Assassin's Creed were, in his words, "amazing" and "so good"

Bulerias said:
UltraByte said:

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Assassin's Creed = same
Game Informer awarded Mass Effect a 9.75 out of 10, declaring it "the next big franchise for science fiction junkies to latch onto", "a huge step forward for video games", and that it "rings in a new age of interactive storytelling". The key negative points of the review were the balancing issues and problematic AI of the combat system.[31][32] Official Xbox Magazine gave Mass Effect the sixth '10' in the magazine's history, raving, "Mass Effect is a great science-fiction novel in video game form. Meaning, it mixes the highest caliber of pure story with the decision making and raw action of the best games."[33] Electronic Gaming Monthly awarded Mass Effect a Gold Award with scores of 9, 9.5, and 9. GameSpy gave it its highest rating, 5 stars, and raved, "Mass Effect takes interactive entertainment to breathtaking new heights and is wholeheartedly recommended. This is one of the best games of the year, and will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the greatest games ever made."[34] Shacknews praised, "While the core gameplay is nothing new - sometimes disappointingly so - Mass Effect represents a generational jump in storytelling artistry."[35] Slashdot's review also praised the storytelling, saying "[The] storyline Mass Effect will have you laughing, furious, and deeply saddened - in some cases all about the same character." GameTrailers.com gave Mass Effect a 9.6 out of 10, one of its highest reviews ever.[28] Eurogamer stated in its review, "Mass Effect is most definitely a great game with an awful lot going for it - but one that doesn't quite deserve unquestioning praise."[27]

The game play is average but the graphics and the story are just outstanding. The story might be the best of any game ever.

No, I'm not denying the glowing reviews. I'm just saying it's not as revolutionary as some people are saying... the storytelling... I saw some videos, and essentially, in character conversations, you choose three options, and your character replies with ROUGHLY the same thing.

Sure, there's a lot of voice acting, and it feels like a modern-day Star Wars, but ... I dunno. Choosing three text options is something that's always been in games.

Maybe I'm just intimidated by HUUUGE games like Oblivion where you don't have to follow a set path. Those sort of games are too open for me and I lose interest because there's just so much to do... if that made any sense.

Bulerias said:
No, I'm not denying the glowing reviews. I'm just saying it's not as revolutionary as some people are saying... the storytelling... I saw some videos, and essentially, in character conversations, you choose three options, and your character replies with ROUGHLY the same thing.

Sure, there's a lot of voice acting, and it feels like a modern-day Star Wars, but ... I dunno. Choosing three text options is something that's always been in games.

Maybe I'm just intimidated by HUUUGE games like Oblivion where you don't have to follow a set path. Those sort of games are too open for me and I lose interest because there's just so much to do... if that made any sense.
Pictures of the options that I saw were extremely different. Your decisions really can change the tone of others or whether an entire species will live or not.

Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:

Pictures of the options that I saw were extremely different. Your decisions really can change the tone of others or whether an entire species will live or not.
Yeah, I understand that. It's a giant leap, I'm not denying it. But as I said... I tend to get overwhelmed by games where there's just... so much to do. Yes, I know this sounds contradictory coming from a Fire Emblem fan, but... I don't know. Recently there's just been so many side quests in games, or just... multitasking... Don't know how to explain it.

Back