Weird thing during K. K. performance

kuromi

Bells
Winter Mittens
Hi!! So I was in my friend's town along with my sister, we were walking around and since it's saturday, we decided to go to Club LOL listen to some music. I asked K. K. to play K. K. Bubblegum and the three of us sat down to listen to his song.

You know how k. k. songs sorta lock you on your seat, not letting you get up until the song's over? So that happened to me and my friend but not with my sister: she could get up, talk to villagers inside the club and even leave Club LOL. Does anyone know why?

Here are screenshots i took on my 3DS that show her walking around while the credits roll in for me (and for my friend as well)
HNI_0061.JPG

HNI_0066.JPG

HNI_0068.JPG

HNI_0072.JPG

HNI_0074.JPG

That kept happening when my friend and I asked K.K. to play some songs, but she couldn't walk around when she requested a song.
Someone on reddit told my friend it could be that the only "locked on their sit" character is the one that orders the song, but if that's it, why couldnt i get up when my sister or my friend requested songs? And why could she?

(I don't know if this is important information, but that happened even when she was already sitting before the person who requested the song sat.)

On another note... please don't mock her fashion choices

That's it, thank you so much for reading! =)

Woah.... that's creepy. Probably just a bug in the games coding. It would be interesting to try to replicate the same scenario, and see if the same thing happens again.

Nah, thats not a bug. Whenever a KK performance is happening, then any player NOT sitting in the seat before the requester sits down, will be allowed to walk around during the performance.

So, if you would like to troll your friends by dancing in front of K.K, then go for it! (Thats what i always do, anyway :p)

Nah, thats not a bug. Whenever a KK performance is happening, then any player NOT sitting in the seat before the requester sits down, will be allowed to walk around during the performance.

So, if you would like to troll your friends by dancing in front of K.K, then go for it! (Thats what i always do, anyway :p)

yeah i thought that was it, but she was sitting... weird

Yes, my daughter and I do that when we are visiting each others towns. The one of us visiting always gets up and dances with Shrunk!

Last edited:
I remember in City Folk that after you sat if you got up at just the right moment, you could move around freely. I actually haven't visited KK yet...so I can't speak to how it works in New Leaf...although now you have me curious!!!

That's happened to me before as well. I have no clue why but I guess it's just a weird coding thing or a bug.

It's not a bug or anything, I done it multiple times (▰˘◡˘▰).
You get one person to request and get them to sit down, they'll be locked however. You can stay standing and the song will play.

maybe she sat down later than you so she could walk around? or maybe just a glitch...

Back