Week one, my review! Please read and let me know your thoughts!

Resylencia

Bells
So with a week in, I yes am addicted. Today my resident center is upgrading so was a bit boring. I did all the major tasks, trying to get enough bells as I am aware of whats coming. So let me review my weeks play.

I like that you need to craft your own tools. I mean it adds to the game, and you are not shelling out the bells. Making gathering resources a bit more challenging that just buying. Plus extra to do more on a daily basis.

With that said, there is plenty to do everyday, Nintendo did good job making sure we would want to. Not only shaking the trees but chopping for wood.

The option to get DYI projects and then customize them with color. Is a great thing, although I wish there were a few more options when "coloring" your items. I mean have you seen the cost of customization kits? But hey things can change. (make the pot, makse a lovely decoration in you main room)

On the topic of DYI, if you get a duplicate, you can not store them.. I drop them in my house (although the do not match my decor. (*pouts*) But I am saving them to pass along in letters as a gift, when I get around to it, lol.

I LOVE the mystery islands. I have played around a bit when you are getting to fly, trying to answer differently to see if maybe it helps... but yeah I have wasted PLENTY of nook miles... and about 85% of the time...I found it luckless. Although, I am going to look more into this, as seems these mystery islands have one special reason to it. (ex: One island was mainly perch.. etc.) I am hoping that they just did not code a certain amount of islands. Because after a while, we will see the same ol' same ol' time after time... And everyone is just going to go to farm those nasty hairy tarantulas, lol *They give me the shakes*

Your Neighbors, now most of you have your favs.. I took it all by chance. I guess I like the surprise of it all. But it gets a little dull when they say the same over and over. This is one thing that I wish they would give more interaction to. Esp. if you want those miles ya gotta have the same convo. over and over. But its still early.

LOVE the fact there is nice storage, and things are stack able. My only issue is you need a lot of logs for this and that. Which burns a lot of storage esp. if you have a lot of visitors.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE... if you are a night bug..you get ripped off lol. I mean yes its great you can sell outside nooks, but they take a fee! Its not like the Nooklings are working hard core overtime.. So why take a chunk outta my earnings. I take my high earning bell findings an drop em on my island, but what a mess in the morning. But hey they gotta make a living I guess.. (store them late night scary hairy tarantulas and leave em caged till the morning.)

My older son is contacted by Microsoft and designs for Mine Craft. Needless to say he will be helping with me terrain, once I get there.

Lastly looking at the forums, seems everyone has one certain fish that is rare. I have caught everything, a lot on the mystery islands. Then again I had a lot of rain. I can not get that pesky Barreleye.. With in the name maybe he sees me coming?? So any advice on that would be great...

Sorry for the long post, I have yet to visit any other friend islands, as I am in quarantine, (stay safe all my Nooky friends) a bit older, less mature...and many of my personal friends do not play.

Very excited to see the game progress. Coming from "Calm Islands" in the Northern Hemisphere. I am over and out!

Back