Sumeru Island (an all natural southern hemisphere island)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game
New Horizons
Island/Town Name
Sumeru
Hemisphere
South
Native Fruit
Orange

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Perfect Pear
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Far off on a deserted island in the intense foliage lies a beautiful and bustling landscape, home to many critters and natural wonders. This forest-like, all-natural place is known as... Sumeru!

Hey there, everyone! After no longer having my previous built island, UA Academy, I was very unmotivated to play ACNH again and create a new island. However, I did have a name picked out should I ever decide to play again, and the newest TBT event has motivated me full force to build a new island!

Sumeru island will be different from my previous islands in that it will be a southern hemisphere island, and it will also be all-natural, meaning there will be little to no terraforming done on my island! An exciting prospect indeed, as this will give me the chance to build an island based more on natural beauty, with a small section devoted to a bustling city center. Now, let's hop right into the adventure, shall we?

RaLoa41.jpg

Speaking of the word HOP, how ironic is it that Mira is one of my two starting villagers?!? Teddy is my other starting villager as well.

twAvMOx.jpg

Decided to name my resident rep after myself this time instead of any character or anything else. A wise decision (and knowledge and being wise are things highly sought after in the land of Sumeru).

YcyPmxf.jpg

First step is to set up my own tent, so I have a place to rest my weary soul from the harsh climate of Sumeru (not to mention the various dangerous animals that come out at night!).

b7KCYDz.jpg

amfXFst.jpg

jhzYI6I.jpg

qf4qB4X.jpg

I then get started on finding places for my colleagues' tents, Mira and Teddy. They're very appreciative it seems.

rIfsprx.jpg

The starting fruit is oranges, which is nice and different from what I had before. Can't wait to try out some tasty orange juice. 😋

Gi5WicN.jpg

I name the island Sumeru, and thus Sumeru is born! 🥳

o9PPsR0.jpg

Na81QsF.jpg

Here is the current map and my current resident rep passport. The quote in my passport is a reference to Paimon in Genshin Impact, which is where Sumeru is based off of. Paimon is a trusty companion who accompanies the traveler all across the lands, with Sumeru being the most recent addition to the game.

XqoXb2W.jpg

With all that out of the way, I take a rest in bed, and then my new island life in Sumeru begins! Stay tuned to this thread for at least the next several weeks, as I will be playing every day and uploading new entries every now and then. Thanks for reading!​

Last edited:
SUMERU ISLAND JOURNAL

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15TH, 2023

EPISODE TWO: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HARD WORK, NOT EVEN KNOWLEDGE ITSELF

Hey there, everyone, and welcome back to the wild adventures of Sumeru island! On this episode I'll take you through some more developments that were made on the island.

OpLmttY.jpg

First order of business is to say that the airport is now open! That means that online functionality is now available and we won't be stuck on Sumeru island at all times! Wooo!!!

fzx0eDp.jpg

Daisy Mae also let us know that she'll be collaborating with us by letting us buy her turnips. How kind of her!

hU0AaxA.jpg

Time for the first development! In order to keep Sumeru bustling and active with an actual economy, we're going to need to open up a shop. Thankfully, the materials were a breeze to gather!

Q6P5Wma.jpg

And in no time at all the shop is ready to be built! An exciting time for Sumeru island, as the other villagers and myself will now be able to buy more things for ourselves and our homes.

SV62f2t.jpg

The other villagers and myself hold a ceremony in order to celebrate the opening of the new shop. Let the festivities commence!

1BqVAJB.jpg

J51RpCs.jpg

After this, the next step is obvious. We need a bridge to connect the separated parts of the island! Thankfully, I know just the place to build it so that I can get to every nook and cranny of the island (with the help of a ladder, of course).

siUYrn7.jpg

D613SNc.jpg

ZxoessR.jpg

With the shop built and anywhere being accesible on the island thanks to the bridge that was built and the ladder I have, I began working on cleaning up the island of weeds. I left the flowers and trees intact, but cleaned off the rest of the island in order to enhance Sumeru's natural beauty.

oNldjxV.jpg

Teddy gave me the perfect accessory during these times, an explorer's hat! Very fitting since my character is named after my traveler in Genshin Impact.

An3HAjh.jpg

xlytb59.jpg

AZi77Td.jpg

dTto9Ya.jpg

I also found out that Teddy and Mira finally got homes of their own as well! Now we won't have to worry about the dangerous creatures at night as much!

gSTO57h.jpg

QkZAPsZ.jpg

Saharah and Mabel also make guest appearances, with Saharah selling me some wallpaper and flooring, and Mabel saying she will sell clothes to us.

VuOYPXw.jpg

E2IM5G5.jpg

NeEBztF.jpg

Here are updated pictures of myself, my house, and Sumeru's map.

xmVwd8S.jpg

Who is Tom Nook blabbing to now?

HK6LOR0.jpg

Bakr5Sf.jpg

Wait, Tom Nook! Come back! I still need your heeeelllllllp!

r3ev1ch.jpg

But by the time Tom Nook came back, it was too late... Riley the traveler had already crossed the bridge... to destiny! What will happen when we invite even MORE villagers to Sumeru island? Next time, Episode Three! There Is No Substitute For Hard Work, Not Even Knowledge Itself Part Two! Planning to record it? Great idea!

SUMERU ISLAND JOURNAL

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18TH, 2023

EPISODE THREE: THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HARD WORK, NOT EVEN KNOWLEDGE ITSELF (PART TWO)

Hey there, everyone, and welcome back again to the wild, wild adventures of Sumeru island! On this episode I'll show off recent developments on the island AS WELL AS new villagers that were brought to the island!

Zdbpclh.jpg

But first it seems Tom Nook is unamused with my craftsmanship skills taking so long to come to fruition. Ah well, what can you do?

But what's this, more villagers on the HORIZON?!?

jdca8HH.jpg

aE1nYvc.jpg

qRismAj.jpg

That's right! Explorers Patty, Al, and Vesta have moved to Sumeru island to soak up in the fun island adventures (I'm personally the most excited for Vesta's arrival, but don't tell Patty and Al that!)!

zqU6Bz9.jpg

P5Ly87R.jpg

FOSX7cC.jpg

And it looks like for good reason too! Vesta is the only one to thank me for welcoming her to Sumeru, and gives me a portable record player for my house. :giggle:

Next, let me go through a couple MAJOR developments on the island!

352djPq.jpg

m2ZDXIw.jpg

EPj0usc.jpg

YlTyMJv.jpg

iIilkan.jpg

KPz2zHp.jpg

6QslEWl.jpg

That's RIGHT! The museum, tailor services, and resident services are all now open for BUSINESSSSS!!! 🎵

Some other happenings on the island!

Jl2Op37.jpg

clkvcbQ.jpg

pPYYsnX.jpg

Harvey, Luna, and the Happy Home Paradise crew are ready to work with traveler Riley!

JnoZMGu.jpg

Poo bear, I mean, Teddy, is hunting... for butterflies? Ah, so serene. 💚

6CPaelC.jpg

I receive my first letter from a villager, and it's from none other than Mira! In case you're wondering, she sent me a manhole cover. How... thoughtful. :LOL:

KQDOTZq.jpg

I'm trying to make one right NOW, Teddy! Move out of the way! 😡

y5ZA5rg.jpg

At least Mira knows what's up (sometimes).

FKZgki4.jpg

And now, welcome to the popular show... SQUID GAME (what? wrong show?)!!!!!!!

q12l4Zw.jpg

An updated picture of my house and myself as well.

What's this? Now Tom Nook wants to attract K.K. Slider to the island?!?

WvQI1os.jpg

xTr3cZB.jpg

Thanks, Nook, I always knew I did as well. 😎

What will happen when EVEN MORE villagers come to the island and K.K. Slider performs? Next time, Episode Four! The Big, Bad K.K. Musical... OPERATION (oh yeah!)! Going to watch the reruns? Not a bad idea!

Last edited:
SUMERU ISLAND JOURNAL

SUNDAY, JANUARY 22ND, 2023

EPISODE FOUR: THE BIG, BAD K.K. MUSICAL... OPERATION!

Hey there, everyone, and welcome back to another fun adventure on the island of Sumeru! Today I'll be talking about the recent villager additions to the island, as well as a few small, cute happenings.

j3s2yMe.jpg

One of the aesthetics of Sumeru in Genshin Impact is that it has a desert, so it's NO SURPRISE that Ankha HAS to be one of my villagers. It would just feel wrong if she didn't move here, wouldn't it?!?

cCexjiA.jpg

Up next, Raymond moves to the island. While he doesn't exactly fit the Sumeru aesthetic, he is a fan favorite villager for the game, so I absolutely had to include him on my island.

kFh4N7E.jpg

Next up to move in is Poppy, and she DOES fit the Sumeru aesthetic because her home is real forest-like, and there's lots of forests and jungles in Sumeru as well.

2sp3JhF.jpg

Last to move in as the 10th villager is Tia, who also really fits the Sumeru aesthetic, because she's a white elephant. Truly classy. ✨

I will definitely be kicking out a few villagers, so my lineup isn't permanent right now, but it's nice to have a full island of villagers finally!

4YI4Ej9.jpg

And of course Teddy has to ruin the moment by talking about weight-lifting again... sigh...

NNz3Js1.jpg

Wow, um... thanks, Raymond (he does know I know what a garden lantern is, right?)!

boAmu2V.jpg

RNZKoKv.jpg

Awww, what a sweet gift from Poppy. I probably won't use it, but a sweet gift nonetheless!

G96FaoS.jpg

ZljD1zr.jpg

Updated photos of my passport and my map. I won't be showing off my actual island scenery just yet, because some major work needs to be done. But! Episodes 6-10 of this island journal will focus more on that.

Just what will happen when the island gets decorated and becomes a natural paradise?!? Next time, Episode Five! The Big, Bad K.K. Musical... OPERATION (part two)! Going to fast forward through the commercials? Go ahead!

SUMERU ISLAND JOURNAL

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24TH, 2024

EPISODE FIVE: INTERLUDE. THEN AND NOW

Welcome back everyone to my island journal focused on my island from New Horizons, Sumeru! As a reminder, this island is going to be an in-game replica of the actual Sumeru from Genshin Impact, and terraforming is NOT allowed. Now without further ado, let's dive into some of the recent changes I've made!

The first HUGE change I made was turning the center area of the island into a giant flower field! This area is meant to represent the vast jungles and forests of Sumeru.

ngRy3jz.jpg

E5xwbGa.jpg

3wQ3ACw.jpg

QnOmiO2.jpg

w4IffYQ.jpg

Zx3PrnK.jpg

CemZQck.jpg

Looking much better, isn't it? Next I decided to turn the southwestern portion of the island into the desert from Sumeru. Keep in mind that this is a WIP, and I'll be adding to it as time goes on. But basically there will be lots of cacti, pyramids, and the center pond serves as an oasis! :blush:

SRWmFsu.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the entrance to the island has some gazebos around it now, reminiscent of the gazebos you'd find at Sumeru City in Sumeru!

56CMgPE.jpg

Here's a map of my current layout. Not much will change here because I won't be terraforming, but my villagers will definitely be changing. Six of them I'll be keeping and four I'll be getting rid of. Which four will be replaced? Stay tuned for the next episode of... SUMERU'S ISLAND JOURNAL!! 🥳

Going to catch the recaps online? Not a bad idea!

SUMERU ISLAND JOURNAL

SUNDAY, APRIL 28TH, 2024

EPISODE SIX: FAMILIAR FACES, NEW PLACES!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my island journal in which I'll be recreating the nation of Sumeru from Genshin Impact in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Remember that there is NO terraforming on this island, and it takes place in the southern hemisphere.

Since last time I discovered that I can move more villagers in using the AC Amiibo cards I have. Unfortunately I didn't realize until it was too late that someone was already moving into my 10th plot, but fortunately, however, it was Eugene! I really like him as a villager, and he fits the overall aesthetic of Sumeru since he's a koala, so I really lucked out on that.

v89t8US.jpg

amAuUhD.jpg

nt5nBLu.jpg

Next, I decided to move in two Sanrio villagers in Etoile and Toby, since I wanted both Vesta AND Etoile on my island, and Toby fits the aesthetic of Sumeru as well!

gEYugYX.jpg

MzDqhWq.jpg

zmtjJYs.jpg

yEvlGud.jpg

vS9RKl6.jpg

IkZQLY9.jpg

It's funny because I have both Etoile and Toby in my ACNL town, Port, as well now. :p

Here's a map of my current layout and villagers. Hippeux, Patty, and Mira are all gone, but I decided to keep Al to make things easier, and also because as an ape he fits the aesthetic of Sumeru pretty well too. Thus, I have 10/10 dreamies for my island FINALLY! 🤩

jyzQL8D.jpg

When I next play I'll be working on adding more inclines and bridges to the island, to connect everything and also get my island star rating up from 3 to 4. Until then, stay tuned!

Going to pirate the episodes online? That's pretty risky, matey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back