• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Screwed up when plotting...but I don't know what I did wrong?

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
Alright, I'm just going to explain exactly what I did in sequential order.

1. Fauna appeared in campsite. Invited her, she said yes.
2. I TT'd to the next day, went through my normal daily routine on my mayor.
3. Logged off my mayor.
4. Logged back onto my mayor, TT'd forward one day (when Fauna is schedule to plot), set the time to 5:57 AM
5. Immediately logged off mayor at 5:58 AM
6. Created new save file, went through all the talking on the train, finally arrived at town, 6:03 AM
7. Ran around town and found Fauna's plot. Right next to re-tail, of course.
8. Didn't want her there, so I hit the home button, closed the game without saving, then restarted.
9. Created new save file again, train ride, arrive at town again.

This is where I became totally confused.

Instead of Fauna's plot being in a new place, HER HOUSE WAS BUILT ALREADY.

I do not understand how this happened. It was still the same day, 6:10 AM. I know for a fact the day of the week never changed, because to do that I would've had to log onto my mayor again, since you can't reset the time when creating a new save file.

What did I do wrong? :confused:

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is you didn't wait long enough to start up the new character. If you started him or her at 6:00 am, it would already be a new day. When you got off the train, the time said 6:03. It took three minutes to go through the talk with Rover. I seen this happen to one other person. I always wait 10 minutes before starting the new character, because I want to be extra sure that it's after 6:00 am. Sorry that happened. How annoying to have her house next to retail.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and as for her house already being built. I have no idea how that happened, unless you changed the time, but I would think you would know if that happened. Very strange.

I wait until I see a normal villager walking around before I start a new character. Then I know for sure it is past 6am before I even get on the train. Or wait like TheGreatBrain says and sait a full 10 minutes just to be safe.

I am so sorry to hear that Fauna is not in a place where you wanted her to go. I have to move one of my Dreamies because they are too close to Re-Tail. I feel for you.

I figured out that if you close the game after you've changed the time (in-game) and then reload it, it will change the time to whatever time your DS is set to. That could be why her house was already built when you reloaded. Going backwards in time any amount of days counts as going one day forward. Did you change the time in the game or on your DS?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nvm, I just saw what you said. No idea how that happened, bro. :/

Last edited:
Man, guess the house being built already will remain a mystery. We'll see if it happens again the next time I plot reset...I'll keep extra detailed notes of everything I do in case it does >_>;

Back