Replacing your drifting joystick! (My experience)

I'm scared mine will start drifting because they're the ACNH ones. Kinda shocked at how badly designed these things are.
The most annoying thing is that I have never had to send anything in for a repair in my entire lifetime. This includes consoles, controllers, and any other accessories. Now I have to send in my Joy-Con. I know they're still in the process of working on improving the Joy-Con but it still sucks so bad. TT v TT

After making a routine application of the alcohol, I ended up ordering a set of replacement joycon sticks from Amazon. Package arrived pretty quickly, just in time to perform the work over the weekend. Although intimidating, the good thing is that you're really working on just the joycon. Even if you fail miserably, you won't be bricking the system and most importantly your AC save file =)

I can say that the difference after the replacement is night and day. I played a bunch after replacing (both AC and Pokemon) and am super happy with the $6 or so dollar spent (per joycon sticks). I used the guide on ifixit as it was pretty detailed and comes with a bunch of pictures.

Back