• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Releasing baggage (WARNING: general VENT/RANT)

Alec_Astria

Fledgling Representative
Bells
Switch
5284-9961-0315
I've got quite a bit on my back, so I might as well let it all out. This is a bit of venting and a bit of ranting. If you're already sick and tired of hearing such, that's fine. After all, no one wants to hear a compound of excuses from someone acting like a spoiled brat, simply because he can't have the one thing he's struggling to find anyway... If you still wish to hear me out, then please do so, by all means...

Well, I'm sure you all know about the coronavirus, right? Main reason why people have to stay at home, social distancing to halt the spread and all. As a grocery store clerk, I don't have such a luxury.*
They're calling grocery store workers 'essential workers'(much like the doctors, nurses and bankers). As such, we still have a job to do, especially in these times. Let me tell you right now, my job is horrifically stressful...
Due to the fear caused by the pandemic(it isn't entirely unfounded, though) my job becomes quite hectic. To add on to the increasing workload caused by panic buying, I must now endure the actions of some of the customers, from laziness, to rudeness, on top of the risk of contracting COVID-19 (I already did though, and I was over it within two weeks). Why am I talking about all of this? Well, it ties in with what has become frustrating for me to deal with...
(I guess this is where my ranting starts.)I've always had a liking for Animal Crossing(for me, it started with Wild World), so I was excited about New Horizons coming out, but I didn't have the funds to purchase it, not until a month after its release, anyway(stupid bills and weak income). I didn't know how far behind I was until this last week.
As I am more than a month behind those that got the game already (whether by getting it on-date, or reserving a copy), I can't afford to make...'purchases' on attaining a certain villager(seeing people use up 50-300+ NMT almost as if it were nothing ALWAYS gets to me**). On top of that, I still have a job, which means I can't even pour on the time to this game, like those who have to stay at home do... And trying to scrounge up meager resources just to find that villager has only added to the 'wear-and-tear'. At this point, I'm terribly worried that there will come a time before going through one month that I'm eventually going to stop playing New Horizons all together, due to the frustrations of searching compiling that with the pressure from my job...

Well, that should be all the baggage. I already know no one will respond, or anything like that. After all, I did nothing but waste your time, and other people have it worse than I do... However, if you feel the need to say or do something, then please do so by all means. I won't stop you...
Well, I guess that's it. Goodbye, this vent/rant is now done and done.

*(Well, what about the doctors and nurses? They're the ones on the front lines dealing with it. Therefore, this vent is a waste of time, end of story.)
**(So what you need more time? It may take longer for you, but you'll have the resources. Therefore the rant's logic is now thrown out the window. The End.)

I feel your frustrations and they're totally valid! I think you need to play NH "offline," meaning just get everything yourself. Of course it's harder and more time consuming but I think right now for your sake, it's best. I've done the same thing. It's too much pressure for a silly video game for me to justify getting upset. My mental health is already struggling due to other events in my life right now.

Back