Prevent void move ins

ScaryGhosts

stump maker
Bells
Switch
5994-8809-5956
Lobo
Pumpkin Cupcake
Hey everyone! I?ve been trying to get a villager to move into the 10th spot into my town, and the last time that my tenth villager moved out, the next morning there was already a plot for a villager who moved out of someone?s void. Luckily, I love the villager and am going to keep him, but I would like to prevent this from happening so i can actually get the villager I want.

I have had confirmed that you cannot invite a new villager to move into your town while your tenth is in boxes. Is there any other way to ensure that there will only be 9 villagers in your town the morning after your tenth moves?

Does anyone know exactly how void move ins work? Is there a certain amount of time that I should wait to trade with others before my tenth moves out or anything along those lines?

Thank you guys for all of your help!

I have more than one console. So, this move-ins-from-the-void thing happens a lot in my towns. I'm fine with that, but sometimes I need to keep a spot to hold my friend's villager etc. So I did experiment long ago, to verify the system of this void & move-ins. Hope this gives you some hint.

-> click <-

Last edited:
Back