• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Path advice??

boorah

Bells
Hey everyone. I just got a second copy of the game and have been going on my new town for over a week now. In a day or 2 I should have the QR machine unlocked but I can't decide on a path!

My town is going to be divided into 4 distinct regions. A modern area, zen region, forest//fairytale region, and a palatial district including the plaza and mayors house.

Do you folks think I should pick ONE main path for use in all 4 regions? Or could I get away with having different paths in different areas. If I decide to go with one main path type I'm thinking of a light gray stone path with a brick border. Do you all think this would look fine in all the regions?

I'm really leaning towards a unified path for the main roads due to pattern limitations. I also have a pebble/flower natural looking path for use within my forest off the main road, and I am planning to play around with some water feature type patterns for my zen and palatial regions, so pattern space is limited even with 3 characters. (Not creating a 4th until I have all my dream residents for plot resetting reasons).

Any suggestions would be welcome!

I think the four different paths for the four different areas for your town would be pretty challenging, but really nice looking when you finish with it.

I think you are right! I'm also interested in hearing any ideas about how to smoothly transition from one path type to another without it seeming too jarring.

Have you considered using mules to help with the patterns?
You could do one in each region and decorate their houses accordingly, then just have that themes character hold that themes path. It would take a lot of extra work though >.>;

You could also have one path but then make tiny changes to it for the theme. I have a brick path in my town, but I have three different hues of red and mix the all into the path randomly. All the same design, just slightly different colors.
It can be irriating to have to hold so many similar patterns though.

It'll probably look good either way, but I feel like different paths for each region would really step it up and show you put in the extra time and thought though :)

(Sorry if any of that sounded arrogant)

Have you considered using mules to help with the patterns?
You could do one in each region and decorate their houses accordingly, then just have that themes character hold that themes path. It would take a lot of extra work though >.>;

You could also have one path but then make tiny changes to it for the theme. I have a brick path in my town, but I have three different hues of red and mix the all into the path randomly. All the same design, just slightly different colors.
It can be irriating to have to hold so many similar patterns though.

It'll probably look good either way, but I feel like different paths for each region would really step it up and show you put in the extra time and thought though :)

(Sorry if any of that sounded arrogant)

Thanks for replying! I've actually already created 2 "mules" and am working on unlocking the QR machine with them. The plan is to fully expand and decorate each of their houses to match the region. The problem is that since I am very OCD with the paths (they must have borders AND corner tiles) one character cannot hold all the patterns needed for even one path. I'm not creating the fourth mule until I have all the villagers I want where I want them. (Need to be able to create a new character to reset the plots so my town can't be full.)

I really like your idea of integrating the different colors into the same path design for each area. I could just create 4 duplicates of the "inner" path tile (the one with no border) and edit them to change the color of some of the bricks. I think that would be really neat.

Last edited:
Back