• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Orius' Silly Rough Sketches

Orius

The People's Champion
Bells
Switch
7926-2339-9775
Island
Rising Sun
So as I've mentioned before, should anyone remember, I've done a few cringe-inducing sketches before on my Instagram... which I cannot share because not only are they uncomfortable to look at, but some of them are definitely over the PG-13 rating. Therefore, I've decided to do some softer and more family-friendly versions of new (yet equally ridiculous) sketches here on TBT. I've hit upon one idea starting today, and I've began my sketch. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring some laughs to you while also amusing myself with these goofy drawings.

Do note that I'm definitely not a very experienced artist and I only draw occasionally for laughs and kicks, so my sketches are very rough. My anxiety really doesn't help much because I can't draw a straight line to save my life. Constructive criticisms are welcomed, but just don't go overboard. I only do these drawings for fun, not as a professional, so let's just try to have fun. :)

For my first sketch of the thread, we have what I would like to call "The Thirsty Snail". Singapore is a hot place, and it sometimes feels like the sun is practically your arch-nemesis who bears some kind of grudge against you. Well, our poor snail - let's call him Gary - is our unfortunate victim today to display that kind of heat exhaustion...
Thirsty Snail.jpg
Look at that poor fellow. Could barely keep his eye sockets opened.

By the way, what I use to conduct my sketches are my newly acquired Wacom Intuos drawing tablet, accompanied with the three-months free trial of Corel Painter Essentials 8, which allows me to trace any images I want. The above snail was indeed traced, but what I would often like to do isn't just trace some random image found on the Internet, but also add my own "personal flair" to it by adding something goofy or cringeworthy - in this case, it's those ridiculous drooling lips you see. lol

It's uncompleted, of course, as we still have yet to unveil the treacherous sun having so much fun burning down our snail. I'm thinking of adding evil flowers too that laughs at our buddy snail's suffering. :LOL:

More to come, hopefully, but man, just drawing one of these takes up quite a lot of time and energy, so please be patient as more works are gradually produced. :)

Last edited:
Back