• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Official HP7 Topic

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Bulerias said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Woo, I've been gone all day becasue I just finished the whole book today.

spoilerz:
I was sorta right with some of my predictions, I thought that harry/his scar would be a horcrux, and i thought he would die... which he kinda did. but... I WANTED MORE MAIN PEOPLE TO DIE.
You wanted more people to die? Woah. I think enough already did!
well i meant More of the main characters like ron and his other close friends or something. Plus harry, he should have stayed dead.
Ummm... I can't believe how many times I have to go through this one...

For WHAT REASON would they die? So, okay, Harry dies. Yay. ALL HIS PRIOR SUFFERING AND WORK is now in vain, so... Nice. Also, it definitely promotes stuff like suicide bombings, as Harry has to kill himself to kill someone else. I don't think J.K. Rowling would want to convey that message to fans. Also, why kill off Ron or Hermione? Harry's had enough loss, methinks.

Bulerias said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Bulerias said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Woo, I've been gone all day becasue I just finished the whole book today.

spoilerz:
I was sorta right with some of my predictions, I thought that harry/his scar would be a horcrux, and i thought he would die... which he kinda did. but... I WANTED MORE MAIN PEOPLE TO DIE.
You wanted more people to die? Woah. I think enough already did!
well i meant More of the main characters like ron and his other close friends or something. Plus harry, he should have stayed dead.
Ummm... I can't believe how many times I have to go through this one...

For WHAT REASON would they die? So, okay, Harry dies. Yay. ALL HIS PRIOR SUFFERING AND WORK is now in vain, so... Nice. Also, it definitely promotes stuff like suicide bombings, as Harry has to kill himself to kill someone else. I don't think J.K. Rowling would want to convey that message to fans. Also, why kill off Ron or Hermione? Harry's had enough loss, methinks.
meh, fine.

I personally thought that the ending was too perfect... I really would've expected Hagrid to die, (but he didn't) and maybe Lupin dieing made a little sense, but Tonks dieing? that made no sense. Mrs. Weasly's reaction to ginny nearly getting killed was priceless though

Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
They all get married, have kids, send them off to a safe Hogwarts, Harry's scar don't hurt no mo'? Seems happy to me. "All was good."
That doesn't mean it was happy! Put yourself in Harry's shoes. How many did he see die for him? I just don't see how the fact that he was married and had kids made things happy. Do you think that marrying made him forget the hardships and suffering he had to go through? No, it made it WORSE.

His wife will NEVER understand what it was like, nor will any of his friends or children. If anything, he shall feel even more alone after being married because he will realize that he will die alone, and that it will be impossible to confide everything in the others... because they will not understand... He experienced death and went back. It's not as though he can explain that to them all, can he?

No, he only realizes that he is more alone than ever.
I'd be happy. Harry's not the type of guy who dwells on the past anymore. I mean, sure, alot of his life sucked, but just becuase a lot of it sucked doesn't mean it all has too suck. Think about the people imprisoned by the nazis. sure, the time there sucked, but when they got out, how did they feel? relieved, happy, thankful.

I finished it yesterday :). Last week when this came out I was reading HP6 and then I read this one in 3 or 4 days I think. Good book, good book.

ac1983fan said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
They all get married, have kids, send them off to a safe Hogwarts, Harry's scar don't hurt no mo'? Seems happy to me. "All was good."
That doesn't mean it was happy! Put yourself in Harry's shoes. How many did he see die for him? I just don't see how the fact that he was married and had kids made things happy. Do you think that marrying made him forget the hardships and suffering he had to go through? No, it made it WORSE.

His wife will NEVER understand what it was like, nor will any of his friends or children. If anything, he shall feel even more alone after being married because he will realize that he will die alone, and that it will be impossible to confide everything in the others... because they will not understand... He experienced death and went back. It's not as though he can explain that to them all, can he?

I'd be happy. Harry's not the type of guy who dwells on the past anymore. I mean, sure, alot of his life sucked, but just becuase a lot of it sucked doesn't mean it all has too suck. Think about the people imprisoned by the nazis. sure, the time there sucked, but when they got out, how did they feel? relieved, happy, thankful.
When you mention Nazis, Voldemort seems like Hitler and the Death Eaters are Nazis. They wanted to wipe out Jews as did DE's wanted to wipe out Mud-Bloods and Muggles.

Its true. :rolleyes:

Kyle said:
ac1983fan said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:

When you mention Nazis, Voldemort seems like Hitler and the Death Eaters are Nazis. They wanted to wipe out Jews as did DE's wanted to wipe out Mud-Bloods and Muggles.

Its true. :rolleyes:
I stated that earier in this topic. >.>

Back