• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Myth: TTing back keeps your villagers in boxes.

Jubaboo

파리
Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Wrong! TTing back while they are in boxes will remove them from your town. This happens to over half of the villagers i was going to get from others and they say "Sorry! They got voided." Save your time and don't TT forwards. It ruins people's days like mine.

if you tt back within the same day they do stay in boxes. you just can't tt back to a different day.

I can confirm that if you TT back to the day they're in boxes, they will stay in boxes. I've started my game up and (say I have a villager moving on the 25th), I check the time with one of my villagers with Isabelle and if it is past that day, I TT back to (in this case) the 25th.

I've kept a villager in boxes for a few weeks for someone before. c:

But keep in mind if you've loaded a character on a day past that date and go back, they'll already be gone. You just have to make sure not to load the game any day past their box day.

Last edited:
Another thing is you have to make sure you don't TT to a time earlier than 6:00 am since that is the start of a new day in the game.

Back