Is this true?

NINTENDO_ZEALOT said:
No, it may have out sold the Wii for that month, but it total sales it doesn't come close.
Actually read the article...

Yea it's true, the PS3 did outsell the Wii by a bit in November.

Yeah, only because of the price drop. This will last... a month. The month of November, that is.

Get it?

It won't last.

Also, the PS3 has been on the shelves for a while. Now with the price drop they're going to buy those up. People still can't find a Wii to buy because it has been selling non-stop.

yeah it did out sell it in a month, but total the wii is still dominating.

I believe in that, but I still think the Wii is selling more because I never seen a Wii in none of my stores in the whole city, but lucky I got mine when it first came out waiting in line at gamecrazy. lol BUT anyways all I'm saying is that the Wii rocks more than PS3.

:)

I believe this happened with the newer PSP too. It came close or beat the DS for a month, and then the DS took over once again the next month and remained the same. (that's from memory so don't quote me ;))

:eek: Thousandth post <3

TwilightKing said:
I believe this happened with the newer PSP too. It came close or beat the DS for a month, and then the DS took over once again the next month and remained the same. (that's from memory so don't quote me ;))

The PSP is extremely different than the PS3. The PS3 will be played for many years to come. As time goes by and making them gets less expensive Sony will make a profit.

Propaganda Man said:
TwilightKing said:

The PSP is extremely different than the PS3. The PS3 will be played for many years to come. As time goes by and making them gets less expensive Sony will make a profit.
As long as the Playstation 3 can stay future-proof, though. Five years ago when the DVD player was new technology, do you think anyone could have made a system that would last until the end of THIS generation? That makes me question whether the Playstation 3 can stay up there until the end of NEXT generation.

Propaganda Man said:
TwilightKing said:

Oh, I know this, I was just making a comparison, just to say that it could be anyones game next month and the price drop helped make the PS3 top for the month. It wasn't meant to be taken as comparing the PS3 and PSP, but to be taken more as a Sony/Nintendo sales comparison and how the sales could raise for either system but it can change very fast, i.e when the newer PSP was released

It ultimately depends on whether Blu-Ray is a success. Right now the race is a "stalemate"... so...

Bulerias said:
It ultimately depends on whether Blu-Ray is a success. Right now the race is a "stalemate"... so...
There are still other factors than just Blu-Ray, though.

For example, if Nintendo and Microsoft use a Physics Processing Unit (or some other new technology) in their next systems, games will run so much smoother on those systems than the Playstation 3. And with plenty of new features, why wouldn't developers move on?

I just don't see the Playstation 3 lasting ten years like Sony is trying to make it last. Then again, it hasn't lasted one yet. >_<

DSCUBER9000 said:
Bulerias said:
There are still other factors than just Blu-Ray, though.

For example, if Nintendo and Microsoft use a Physics Processing Unit (or some other new technology) in their next systems, games will run so much smoother on those systems than the Playstation 3. And with plenty of new features, why wouldn't developers move on?

I just don't see the Playstation 3 lasting ten years like Sony is trying to make it last. Then again, it hasn't lasted one yet. >_<
I know... it was such a big joke when they said that they think it will last ten years. I mean the PS3 would be the last one to last a long amount of time. If it's just a powerful system... that'll be done with way before then. People will move on and there will be other powerful consoles. If they still think it'll last that long and they try to make it last that long... it could be their last console. That's what I think at least.

Back