• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is it a hack?

MayorIsabel

is awesome.
Bells
Hi everyone!

So I've been visiting lots of dream towns recently to try and get inspiration for when I restart, and there was something I noticed in a few really nice towns:

The villager houses are in a perfect line.

Now I know about the trick where you start a new player, find the roped off area etc., BUT you don't get to actually pick the spot, you just say 'yes' or 'no'.
And I mean, these villager houses are in PERFECT rows, with houses in exact line with each other, either side of a pretty little pathway or whatever.

So yeah, like the title says, is it some sort of hack?
If it's not I'd hate to think about how long it would have taken them.... *shudders*

Anyway thanks for reading all of this! Xx

Oh and I'll try and find some of the dream addresses to give you examples. :)

Thank you!!

It's called plot resetting. It's a way to change the way a villager's house plots before they move in using an alt. character. It's complicated and a glitch I believe. It's also a way to corrupt your game. But it's possible.

Like you said, it's the reset trick. Sometimes people put PWPs all around their town so that when the plot is made it will be some what almost exactly to where they want it. And some people want it PERFECT (usually straight line right?) So some people do this for hours and hours for a perfect town. And as far as I know, there's no hacks in the game besides the bean and tweeter glitch lol

^ It's not PWP related. I'm pretty sure it's something like this;;

when you ask someone to move in, let's say you asked Beau to move in from someone else's town on day one, Beau would then move into your town on the second day, or his plot would be there at least. if you're time travelling, you go onto your alt character (side character other than your mayor) and find the plot of your new move-in. if you don't like it, you press the home screen, end the session, and restart it. then go back onto your alt char again and check for new plot. it's a glitch of sorts. can corrupt your data and takes time i guess. i'm not sure 100% if that's the method but it's similar.

Like you said, it's the reset trick. Sometimes people put PWPs all around their town so that when the plot is made it will be some what almost exactly to where they want it. And some people want it PERFECT (usually straight line right?) So some people do this for hours and hours for a perfect town. And as far as I know, there's no hacks in the game besides the bean and tweeter glitch lol

Wow! I mean I know about the reset trick, but like you said, it would take AGES and alot of bells (for the pwps)!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

when you ask someone to move in, let's say you asked Beau to move in from someone else's town on day one, Beau would then move into your town on the second day, or his plot would be there at least. if you're time travelling, you go onto your alt character (side character other than your mayor) and find the plot of your new move-in. if you don't like it, you press the home screen, end the session, and restart it. then go back onto your alt char again and check for new plot. it's a glitch of sorts. can corrupt your data and takes time i guess. i'm not sure 100% if that's the method but it's similar.

That would take years lol ;)
Well maybe not quite that, but close enough! ;)

Yea, that's basically what happens. But it does not corrupt data, like I've said some people have done this for hours and no one has had problems whith it lol and It does have to do with PWPs because if you build some by your house then they can't move there right? xD

Last edited:
Yea, that's basically what happens. But it does not corrupt data, like I've said some people have done this for hours and no one has had problems whith it lol and It does have to do with PWPs because if you build some by your house then they can't move there right? xD

It CAN cause corruption. It doesn't always, but it can. Exiting from the home screen has caused problems in general. And yeah, but it's easier NOT to… You can do the reset trick without PWP's all over the shop.

Mine aren't in perfect rows, but they have made streets in my town. It really isn't that hard as the villagers tend to set their plot by other villagers. The hardest time I had was resetting 20 times. But on average, it only takes me 5 times of resetting to get their plot in a row - especially if you aren't too picky about it lining up exactly.

I don't reset often - only for plots - but I'm just very careful about not interrupting any of the saving process. Don't let the battery run low and don't close the system or push any buttons.

I once tried to get the perfect plot for one of my villagers...Took me over two hours of nonstop resetting. -__- House placement is a pretty permanent thing, so I find it hard to settle for something that I know will frustrate or annoy me later on.

My initial map layout had all the villagers in a straight row on the second island, and all subsequent villagers that moved in after joined the row (with a few exceptions), so I built two character homes in the row too, to fill in the gaps.

I let someone move away recently though, so now there's an empty plot between two houses. :( I used the reset trick to try and get someone to move in the exact spot, but I had no idea it would be so difficult. Spent far too long trying to 'fix' the row, but Chevre just wouldn't put her house there.

I have actually seen someone place items can't remember what,but a item which a villager won't move in on.They placed it all over the town so the villager had only 1 choice to move into the gap left over.

Back