• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Information and updates about cards/HHD

pika62221

Bells
Got off the phone with Nintendo of America's customer service, and found out a bunch of information about Happy Home Designer (with a little bit about New Leaf), and the amiibo cards. The number is (800) 255-3700 if you want to do this to verify it yourself. They said the distribution for DLC home requests- the 3DS unit upstairs to allow you to download the villager and design their home, HAS ENDED. She said they could be redistributed, but it was "highly unlikely" that they would return in the future. She also said the cards are indeed ending with series 4, there are no plans to release any more at the present time, meaning those who missed the DLC requests will not be able to get the villager, however if someone has the items, they can save them to an amiibo/card and give them to the person to get the furniture, just not the villager tied to the items. Now, Nintendo is still doing their monthly Challenge (Contest in Japan), as that is "independent of distribution", and tied to the network according to the NOA employee. However, just like the DLC requests, once you miss them, they're gone, so you'll need someone who's willing to load them for you to give them to you.

Next, I contacted GameStop's customer service about series 4 amiibo cards. Their number is (800) 883-8895, you can call them yourself to verify this information. They will NOT be carrying series 4 amiibo cards either in stores or online. Lower sales during series 3 caused them to "reevaluate their inventory" and they decided to pass on carrying the final series. You can still find them in Target, Best Buy and Toys R Us physical locations, but some of these places put limits on how many you can buy, including online orders. Amazon also sells them online, but again, with a limit. If you are unable to find them in stores, I suggest using a ship-to-store option like Best Buy has where even though they limit 1 pack per order, most will allow multiple orders, allowing 17 total orders for 17 packs to reach the 100 minimum for collecting/trading.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion about any details, as I have gotten them directly from the source. If you don't want to believe it, or want to argue it's not the case, I have listed the phone numbers above, so you're welcome to call these same places, and verify this information for yourself. Thank you, and happy Animal Crossing gaming!

Aww there's no more DLC...

At least you went out of your way to find out for us. That's very appreciative. Thank you.

Whelp... I had sort of planned on getting HHD at a reduced price off ebay. Now that I know amiibo cards will no longer be a thing, that's more money saved since I won't need to buy the reader or any cards. It doesn't really surprise me though. Nintendo has a bad tendency of introducing new methods of gameplay and scrapping them (if not outright creating artificial shortages) within a short period.

I think "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer" is one of the versions in the "Animal Crossing" series which sounded good but did not get the response from the mass consumers that "New Leaf" experienced.

It was gimmicky. But, it wasn't as addictive.

I have not played "Happy Home Designer" in at least two months. And that's because I found my approach to decorating villagers' houses to be more about function and then eye-appeal.

What turned out to be a problem is that it didn't have a sense of adventure that "New Leaf" does in challenging a mayor to balance bonding friendships, with villagers, and whipping into and keeping in shape a pleasing town in appearance and function.

I bought "New Leaf" in August 2013. I asked myself, "How long do I think I will play it before I feel played out by it?" The answer, to my surprise, is that I am still continuing. I had three cartridges. I now have six. I have two towns I'm getting close to completing before creating and establishing Dream Addresses. And I'm using a sixth town for contact with villagers who I don't have in my trio of Applewin, ACNLpics, and Foster. Contrary to the Personality Categories, there does feel like an individuality with villagers perhaps because of their appearance but that they feel like individual characters. And it can be pleasantly surprising to find villager characters who I hadn't really greatly considered before as ones that I should really have in a given town. (The Lazy bull Rodeo is a pretty good character. And I did not perceive, much earlier, how pleasing the Lazy duck Drake is. And I really like the Smug wolf Kyle.)

After three years of "New Leaf," I find myself focused more on that than returning to "Happy Home Designer."

I think it may be that "Animal Crossing" is most appreciated by being able to combine experiences which stimulate the minds of both children and adults. The more successful versions do that. The ones which are not are ones more pleasing to either children or to adults?but not with equal enthusiasm from both. I think the exterior and interior decorating of villager and special character and community homes and projects are very tasking?and they likely keep adults, more than children, engaged in continuing to play. And that can speak to a limiting appeal. If I'm right?it would be very understanding why "Happy Home Designer" did not have as much impact as "New Leaf"?and why the Amiibo Cards feel more niche than hugely popular with consumers.

Last edited:
Back