I can't do it anymore

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
To all of you I might seem like a laid-back, wise-*CEN-1.01-SORD* with no problems. Guys, it's not like this at all. My whole life is unraveling in front of me. I can't stop it and I don't know where to go, where to turn. It feels like the results could kill me.

Sarah's birthday is in a few days. I got her something from Zales, and it's expensive. I want it to mean a lot to her, for it to be perfect, but I feel like the most stressed guy in the world. My head almost exploded looking for a present.

My grades aren't as good as they used to be. They slip every day. I don't study, I don't do homework anymore...

I'm meeting with a Princeton alumni in a few weeks. He wants to see what kind of person I am. If I make a good impression, I'm in. I'm the eldest; this SETS my sisters to get in. My dad said if I don't get in he'd "kill me". Maybe I'll kill me. I don't want my path to be woven for me, I want to choose it for myself. I don't have a choice.

I'm under constant pressure to do well in sports, make that saving catch, score the touchdown. I'm tired of it. Constantly day in and out, I need to be a model student and a leader on the field, and it's all collapsing in on me.

I know I seem like a jerk all the time, but I don't know what to say. Karmas a *CEN-4.01-SORD*, I guess.

I'm in a similar dilemma... being a "model student" and all... But I won't talk about that.

I think the main thing here is to focus. Figure out your priorities. Are sports going to be important for you in the future? Tell your parents how it is, straight-talk. If you're pressured by them to do well in sports, and don't want to participate at all, tell your parents exactly that. Don't evade the subject. Tell 'em like it is.

I wish it was that easy, I really do. It seems like it would be, but it's just not. I've already set it up so that's what I'm expected of. I CAN do it, so I MUST.

Go by my philosiphy- Clothes optional.

Oops. Wrong philosiphy. (BTW I know I spelled that wrong both times.)

Don't listen to what other people think about you. (As hard as it may be, including your parents.) Do what makes you happy and all that sappy crap.

Fabio said:
I wish it was that easy, I really do. It seems like it would be, but it's just not. I've already set it up so that's what I'm expected of. I CAN do it, so I MUST.
I know, it is difficult. I've been in similar situations... you just need to make it your absolute highest priority to sit down and talk to them. Tell them that even though you've been good at, say, sports for so long, you don't want to keep going. I know it's not about sports so much as it is a leadership role issue...

Tell them that too, though. You need to let them know you're breaking under this crazy pressure.

Bulerias said:
Fabio said:
I know, it is difficult. I've been in similar situations... you just need to make it your absolute highest priority to sit down and talk to them. Tell them that even though you've been good at, say, sports for so long, you don't want to keep going. I know it's not about sports so much as it is a leadership role issue...

Tell them that too, though. You need to let them know you're breaking under this crazy pressure.
And then hug them. (Tears can also help occasionally, but only when used in the most strategic of ways.

;) )

JJH0369 said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:

And then hug them. (Tears can also help occasionally, but only when used in the most strategic of ways.

;) )
As stupid as this sounds coming from a guy, shedding a few tears lets 'em know you're not just an inanimate object that can do everything it's tasked to do. It shows you've got emotional depth and you're really having problems.

...Use 'em sparingly though... don't want to let the waterworks going or anything...

Bulerias said:
JJH0369 said:
Bulerias said:
Fabio said:

;) )
As stupid as this sounds coming from a guy, shedding a few tears lets 'em know you're not just an inanimate object that can do everything it's tasked to do. It shows you've got emotional depth and you're really having problems.

...Use 'em sparingly though... don't want to let the waterworks going or anything...
Finally, somebody agrees with me. :lol:

Fabio said:
This isn't a matter of anyone feeling bad for me, JJH0369.
Sorry. I just find not being serious a way to escape feelings like this.

Fabio said:
This isn't a matter of anyone feeling bad for me, JJH0369.
Fabio, of course it's not. What matters is that you're showing them you really mean it. Okay, you don't necessarily have to cry, but take my advice to heart; tell them everything.

I'm the opposite, everything is going from bad to freakin' sweet.

It's just because I now know I need 90s to get into the university I want, so with that I'm getting better marks and it turns out all my problems were mainly stress from bad marks.

Well...my body is falling apart but apart from that...

I have a similar problem...

as some of you know, I may go to college music and compose and play professionally and if my plan works out, I may be writing music for TV shows, Movies, or videogames. Have you ever played a game or watched a movie with sound off and subtitles? Its quite boring.

This pretty much means I need to set goals to become the best player in the school, and possibly in the discrict. Also, I need to keep sharp grades, and become a drum major(Conductor) in the marching band. This takes alot of work and time, if some of you may noticed, I've become less and less active @ TBT.

Anyway managing my time better has really helped me fit in time heh

and don't get be started about the ladies..eheheh. I've had alot of "Drama" sence school started.

Fabio...I can't say I know exactly how you feel (Because, I think you're much older than I am, and have probably been through a lot more), but I truly, and honestly hope that you figure out a way too solve this. Having a lot of stress and worry and everything...it's tough.

Sometimes though, even though this seems like the exact OPPOSITE of what you should be doing, you may want to just get away from it all. Chill out for a while, y'know? Keep your mind on other things, take a bit of a break.

But, I really hope you weren't serious about the killing...yourself...thing. Really, that wouldn't be the way to go. Things will get better.

And hey, think of that old saying... "What won't kill you will make you stronger"

Good luck.

I'd have to say for stress try a little exercise, and from what you seem to be going through most of your stress is put on you by other people, parents can be a huge stress, but they only mean well, and if that girl doesn't like your present it was clearly never meant to be. I hate to say that you don't always get the person you want I know this more than some as I recently went through a bit of heartbreak myself. It can be hard to get over.

Honestly think of where you are in comparison to others. Princeton? Sounds like you are doing very well. I might need to know your definition of grades slipping with all that.

As a great philosopher I know named Kurt said many times this summer alone,
"$&!# happens" (I use the term philosopher loosely here...)

Sporge27 said:
I'd have to say for stress try a little exercise, and from what you seem to be going through most of your stress is put on you by other people, parents can be a huge stress, but they only mean well, and if that girl doesn't like your present it was clearly never meant to be. I hate to say that you don't always get the person you want I know this more than some as I recently went through a bit of heartbreak myself. It can be hard to get over.

Honestly think of where you are in comparison to others. Princeton? Sounds like you are doing very well. I might need to know your definition of grades slipping with all that.

My mom says the EXACT same thing.

Bulerias said:
Sporge27 said:

The "exact" same thing? Really? I never saw your mom as the swearing type...

Sporge27 said:
Bulerias said:
Sporge27 said:

The "exact" same thing? Really? I never saw your mom as the swearing type...
Oh ho ho ho ho...

excuse me, I need to go laugh for a while...

>_>;;;

Errr... My mom doesn't make it a habit to swear, but sometimes during certain circumstances... :r

Back