Hi, I'm new! ...And I have some questions!

Serabee

Autistic Time-Traveler
Bells
Island
Woodland
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Special Snowflake
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Hi! So, like the title says, I’m new! To the forums, at least. I’ve played AC games since the original (American version, at least) and the only one I’ve never played in PC. My name is Serabee, though my main AC character’s name is Cat (I have a whole backstory that she grew up in a town of only humans, but always loved animals, and when she got the chance to move to a town of animals she jumped on it… I can never be satisfied with a character unless they have a full backstory). If anyone is interested at all, I’m 28, have a MFA in creative writing, and was working as a reading tutor for 1st-3rd grade until… well, you know. I’m also autistic. My hobbies include video games (duh), musicals, animals, and horror movies (also my preferred genre for writing!)
(note- feel free to ignore the above and only answer my questions if you're not interested XD)

Anyway, also like my title says, I have some questions! So far, I’ve only connected with my RL BFF in this game, and she just stopped by my island and gave me some fruit (and I later mailed her some items I had that she didn’t). I mainly came on here because I’d love a chance to not only talk about ACNH, but trade some items! So, here we go, I’ll number them to make it easier:

1. So. My first question is in regards to item trading. I know you can visit islands and drop items there, does the owner of the island have to drop the items BEFORE the other person visits? Or while they’re there? And can they take items off of furniture? For instance, if I set a stack of peaches on a stall, can a visitor pick them off of the stall? Or do they need to be on the ground? …Or am I just 100% off in how this works? Also, do you need to be friends with someone to do this, or can you just connect through a code?

2. Going off of that, trading flowers. I have a bunch of purple pansies (they’re my native flower) and I’d LOVE to trade them for some purple windflowers. Would I need to visit someone else’s island to plant the pansies? Could I do that without being best friends (I know you need to do that to dig, but I’m not sure about planting)? Then, would the other person have to visit me and plant the flowers? Or, again, am I totally wrong? I should note that I’d love to trade the actual plant if possible, not just the tops you use for crafting (I mean, I’m never gonna use all these purple pansies, and I’d love a consistent source of purple windflowers)

3. Does time travel affect visiting someone else/them visiting you? I time travel where I play through a few in-game days per day, and I’m wondering if it matters if my island is on the 19th of June (like it is right now), if the other person’s is on the 12th (or whatever current day it is)? Also, I know some people get judgy about time travel… I’m not looking for judgment, just an answer to my question, please! I’ve time travelled since the first game and it’s part of the game for me.

4. Last question, just a quick one. I've seen the phrase "in boxes" tossed around in regards to trading/selling villagers. I just wanna clarify, that means the day they're in their house, about to leave, and packed, right? That's when someone else can visit your island and get them to move to theirs?

And... I think that's it! I may have more questions, but I'll figure them out or ask them eventually XD

Last edited:
Hi, Welcome to TBT! :D

1. During online multiplayer both the guest and host can drop off items on the floor which the other person can pick up. However, a guest can't pick up anything that counts as furniture, so to trade peaches you'd have to drop them on the floor instead of placing them. To do multiplayer you can connect through your switch friends or a dodo code :)

2. Yep, that's right; in order to trade flowers you must go to the persons island and plant them because unless their your best friend (which is obviously not recommended with random people online hah), guests can't use things like shovels to dig them up.

3. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think time travelling affects the other persons (unless you wanted to count the fact that some people don't want spoilers for other seasons), but I've time travelled to move things around and its never really seemed like it affects anyone other than yourself.

4. Yep! In boxes is when you can pick them up

Hopefully that was helpful, looking forwards to seeing you around :)
Feel free to ask anything else (granted that I'm most definitely not an expert lol)

Thanks, that really helps! And I'm rarely ever gonna be that far ahead to give spoilers, and I'd always check beforehand since I know some people don't like them :)

Welcome.gif

1- Depends on the person you are trading with, we have a feedback system so if someone has a lot of positive reviews, you can trust them.
2 Yes, unless you add them as bff, so they can use their shovel at your island
3 No, some people might not like to be spoiled the season changes, but it won't affect their game.
4 Yes exactly, in boxes means ready to pick up.​

1. Visitors can pick up items from a stall as long as they are not "placed" but "dropped". You can't decorate with fruits so they count as dropped items so yes, visitors can pick up fruits if you drop them on a stall. As long as the item is not placed, visitors can take it. I have visited a few islands and they put DIYs in stalls and I was able to pick them up.
2. Yes, to trade flowers, you dig up your own and plant them on other people's islands, and vice versa.
3. No, it won't affect their game. People time travel to get good turnip prices and it doesn't affect their visitors.
4. Yes, when they have boxes in their rooms with a broom, others can come and pick them up.

1. Visitors can pick up items from a stall as long as they are not "placed" but "dropped". You can't decorate with fruits so they count as dropped items so yes, visitors can pick up fruits if you drop them on a stall. As long as the item is not placed, visitors can take it. I have visited a few islands and they put DIYs in stalls and I was able to pick them up.
2. Yes, to trade flowers, you dig up your own and plant them on other people's islands, and vice versa.
3. No, it won't affect their game. People time travel to get good turnip prices and it doesn't affect their visitors.
4. Yes, when they have boxes in their rooms with a broom, others can come and pick them up.

Oh, I hadn't even thought of how people time travel for turnip prices, duh! I mean, I didn't think it would cause any harm or anything, I just wondered if maybe it wouldn't let me connect with others if my game wasn't synced or something, but that makes sense.

And glad to know I can use stalls! It'll help keep my island neat~

Thanks for the help and welcomes, everyone :3

Back