Help with Island Design

JustABadKid_

Bells
B8B50060-6397-4F9D-A29A-A4C2870575F0.jpeg

Hey everyone! I’ve returned after months (maybe a year+?) of not playing. There are several sections of the island that I haven’t completed. I never did anything with them as I was waiting for Nintendo to release more buildings and collections for me to decorate with… but… we know how that went.

Anyway, I’d like to finally “finish” my island using what we do have in the game, I just don’t have any ideas. I do have Happy Home Paradise, so those items will eventually become available to me as well. I’ve included an image of my map with the circles showing the areas I have to work on. Please visit my town via the Dream Address for a closer look if needed!

So far, I already have: an outdoor cafe, a camping area including an outdoor park and a fishing area, a graveyard, a farm, and a pool. Each villager also has their own little unique porch area (unfortunately, they’re also not finished). The area I put black question marks over is just a pond that can easily become something else as well. I just put it there because it fit. 😅

Some areas are smaller than others so I’m open to any ideas!

I don't really know what you're going for, but you could try like a stargazing spot, a bamboo forest, you could turn the pond into a picnic type area.. stuff like that. Hope this helps!

Maybe have a look through villagerdb and see if any of the items spark some ideas? Oh, and if you have a favourite style of item it might be worth starting a new character so that you can turn their house into a museum or themed home. I have a cake room! I'm also planning on making a doll display room.

Definitely second the idea of looking through villagerdb to pick out all the furniture you love most! I also recommend going to the forums here and seeing if you can buy those items! I feel like actually seeing the items in game is very inspiring and actually having them allows you to be more free and creative with your designing! :D

Another thing I recommend is searching on youtube. Several popular animal crossing youtubers have made idea videos where they show off islands from all sorts of island creators!

Back