Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Tasty Cake
Is there a game genre you’ve always been curious about but never really got into, either due to being intimidated by a learning curve, or being overwhelmed by lore/content?

I’ve always been curious about train/city simulators, but I’ve always been deterred by how complex they seem. All the time and resource management, budgeting, etc.
I tried a demo for A-Train: All Aboard, and I loved so much of it. The music, the art style, the UI. And I enjoyed what I’ve played of the demo, but I never finished it. I actually still have it on my Switch, even though I haven’t touched it in a long time.

Is there a game you wanna try to get into, but haven’t given it a chance? And for those who gave a game like that a chance, was it worth it? Are you now a hardcore fan of the genre, or did you learn that your hesitation was warranted?

Not sure if this counts as a genre, but definitely intimidating because of lore; Kingdom Hearts. The games seriously look like something I would enjoy so much, but everytime I hear someone talk about it they say there's so much to it and that it can be confusing at times so I keep putting off actually playing any of the games.

Not sure if this counts as a genre, but definitely intimidating because of lore; Kingdom Hearts. The games seriously look like something I would enjoy so much, but everytime I hear someone talk about it they say there's so much to it and that it can be confusing at times so I keep putting off actually playing any of the games.
You can sort of bulldoze through Kingdom Hearts without understanding the story, and I can recommend the series (or at least the 1, 2, and 3) on that front, because they have a very solid (albeit simplistic and repetitive) gameplay loop. But the plot is absolutely nowhere and often gives off the feeling like it's just made up on the spot because it probably was. The games have their share of defenders who insist that it is actually deep and complex and easy to understand if you just give it a chance, but I really don't think they are. Even if they were, however, they're held back by awkward, clumsy dialogue and absolutely glacial pacing. It's less the games are intimidating because they're packed with so much lore that you need to have read an entire encyclopedia to understand anything going on, and moreso because even if you do read said encyclopedia, it's so clunky, obtuse, and seemingly random that you will still not understand it.

So my advice is that you get into Kingdom Hearts for the gameplay, and if possible, try to either ignore the plot or just... shut your brain off and have fun with the nonsense. And if you end up on the side that enjoys the plot and wants to understand more, then that's honestly even better. But I don't think it should be your goal.

I’ve wanted to try more online multiplayer games/MMOs more, but there have been multiple hurdles preventing me from doing so. For one I have social anxiety unless it’s direct texting or someone I know. I fear of trying to form a group/raid and potentially getting shot down. On top of that I’m afraid of setting times to join with said group. I am terrible at scheduling things in advance and actually following through with them. More often than not I forget what I planned in the first place. Lastly I’m afraid of the time required. Games of this sort really encourage a ton of time and I worry it’ll make me neglect my never ending backlog of single player games.

The only real exception is getting back into competitive Pokémon. I really had to exert a lot of courage just to join Discord servers and meet other players. I also have to avoid tournaments like the plague because I have neither the skills or scheduling ability required for such a thing. In fact I was disqualified from one tournament in the past for that very reason. For now I’m sticking with one on one battles that aren’t planned in advance.

I don’t know why my anxious self always wanted to try horror games. Maybe it’s because I watched Markiplier play them, or that one time I tried House of the Dead at an arcade…. However, I don’t do jump scares 😖

I’ve also tried getting into KH, but it doesn’t help that the games are spread out on several different consoles and mobile.
I’ve heard nothing but good things from the fans, but even they can admit the story’s a bit convoluted.

I’ve wanted to try more online multiplayer games/MMOs more, but there have been multiple hurdles preventing me from doing so. For one I have social anxiety unless it’s direct texting or someone I know. I fear of trying to form a group/raid and potentially getting shot down. On top of that I’m afraid of setting times to join with said group. I am terrible at scheduling things in advance and actually following through with them. More often than not I forget what I planned in the first place. Lastly I’m afraid of the time required. Games of this sort really encourage a ton of time and I worry it’ll make me neglect my never ending backlog of single player games.

The only real exception is getting back into competitive Pokémon. I really had to exert a lot of courage just to join Discord servers and meet other players. I also have to avoid tournaments like the plague because I have neither the skills or scheduling ability required for such a thing. In fact I was disqualified from one tournament in the past for that very reason. For now I’m sticking with one on one battles that aren’t planned in advance.

I kinda have the same gripes with MMOs/team-based games. There’s a game called Warframe on pretty much all platforms, and you are able to team up with randoms, but the game (and games like it) are far more better with friends.
Thing is I don’t play games like that consistently enough to have that go-to friend group, and when I am in the mood to play, it’s hard to get people together.

Even if they were, however, they're held back by awkward, clumsy dialogue and absolutely glacial pacing.
I'm not super interested in kingdom hearts to begin with but the writing/dialogue is absolutely a turn off lol. I know it's meant to be children speaking, and a game (maybe?) Meant for children with all of the Disney branding but it's so laughable at times. My friends introduced me to KH with this video and I can't ever play it now.
Post automatically merged:

Oops I didn't respond to this with what I wanted to. I really cannot get into JRPGs, I've tried with hyperdimension neptunia and persona and they're not for me. I tried to because they can be really impressive with art and music it's just not a genre for me. I've wanted to try getting into fighting games but the community scares me and I don't have great temper management soooo probably not the best option for me 😅

I'm not super interested in kingdom hearts to begin with but the writing/dialogue is absolutely a turn off lol. I know it's meant to be children speaking, and a game (maybe?) Meant for children with all of the Disney branding but it's so laughable at times. My friends introduced me to KH with this video and I can't ever play it now.
😅
Legendary video.

Even the adult characters are like this, though. The dialogue is not only kind of awkwardly written, but is often punctuated with unnatural pauses, overreactions, underreactions, awkward framing, and it just... does not feel natural at all.

"Say, fellas, did somebody mention the Door to Darkness?"

Legendary video.

Even the adult characters are like this, though. The dialogue is not only kind of awkwardly written, but is often punctuated with unnatural pauses, overreactions, underreactions, awkward framing, and it just... does not feel natural at all.

"Say, fellas, did somebody mention the Door to Darkness?"
i feel like my friends and i quote "they put bugs in him!" all the time just because of how absurd it is. all of my friends adore the game though and im just like... how do you take it seriously X,D

I've been thinking about trying the Ace Attorney series once I'm more caught up with my gaming backlog! ^^ Right now the only visual novels I've played are otome, but Ace Attorney seems like it'd be fun as well.
On a side note, an upcoming otome I'm looking forward to, Jack Jeanne, apparently has some rhythm game elements to it. I haven't played any rhythm games, but the premise seems really promising, so I'm excited to give it a try.

As for games of a different genre that I've already tried, AC was actually like that for me! ^^ I hadn't really played anything like it before I got New Leaf, but the relaxing gameplay and cute animals won me over pretty easily. More recently, I got Style Savvy: Styling Star (boutique sim) since I wanted to try it before the 3DS eShop closed, and I'm quite glad I did! I wouldn't say it's a favorite genre of mine, but it's pretty much perfect when I just want something light, cozy, and relaxing. I definitely want to try the other games in the series too.

Probably any online-multiplayer FPS type of games especially with a battle royale mode. I would never play with randoms but I am just a jittery, nervous person. I get we all start at level 0 but last man standing games are so intense.

My one friend has streamed those types of games and he's just really good at aiming/watching his back/covering his blind spots. So much is going on and I feel like the learning curve is very steep. I would just get blammo'd immediately because I might lollygag at some point or get distracted by loot. They look really fun but I don't know. I might be better off with the super cartoony games with wacky guns. Maybe some day I will try, haha.

Probably puzzle games and rhythm games. The former because I've just never really been super interested in them, although I will admit there are some pretty good ones out there. And rhythm games I just haven't really... ever played. I'm kind of indifferent to them. Sometimes I even forget they exist.

If anyone has any good puzzle or rhythm game recs, let me know.

I have been wanting to get into Fire Emblem for years because a single character. I even bought a game years ago, but I'm unable to get into the battle gameplay, too much info and strategy for my taste :_3 So it has been gathering dust ever since.... I tried to play Pokemon Conquest since its gameplay seems like FE-lite to get used to it, but I couldn't get into that one either.

Post automatically merged:

Oops I didn't respond to this with what I wanted to. I really cannot get into JRPGs, I've tried with hyperdimension neptunia and persona and they're not for me. I tried to because they can be really impressive with art and music it's just not a genre for me. I've wanted to try getting into fighting games but the community scares me and I don't have great temper management soooo probably not the best option for me 😅
OMG that video kinda makes me wanna play it more! It's so derpy but it's trying to be dark and edgy. I've always wanted to play a KH game but never knew where to start.

For me it's probably RPGs. Most are too long for me and I'm not a big fan of turn-based combat. I've tried a few in the past year. I finished Earthbound and started Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga but didn't really care for either. I did really enjoy the latest Paper Mario game but it's abandoned a lot of its RPG roots and is more of an adventure game, so I'm not sure if it still counts.

Back