Fish Shadows.

taylalatbh

Bells
I'm not seeing shadows big enough to be the Oarfish. I'm fishing in the ocean in my town, am I doing something wrong?

It can take time for them to spawn as they are considered rare.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but at this point it could just be luck. :confused: Every time I've caught the oarfish was when I thought, by its shadow, that it was a tuna.

I'm not seeing any shadows larger than the Sea Bass one and I'm running past all the others to (hopefully) respawn new ones faster.

Yep, I thought I was catching a tuna, too. They remind me of a coelacanth shadow. Long and skinny, but not HUGE like you'd think they'd be. :)

I must've been having good luck the day I got mine. I scared off a fish I was sure was an oarfish so I was annoyed. Then I went to the other side of the beach and saw a good size shadow. It was a tune. Right after I caught it another big shadow appeared and it turned out to be a coelacanth! I'll take those fish any day. Not long after, back on the other side of the beach I got my oarfish(only fish I need now is a loach). That was a good day fishing. You'll catch one just keep at it. It took me ages to get a bagworm, that was sad.

It's all due to luck when you catch them as the big shadows you see in the sea could be anything .... I've caught the oar fish but the shadow was the same size as every other big fish .....just like the small shadows from the river I caught a goldfish and yet I caught a carp which was much bigger in the same shadow.

Sadly it's luck ... it's never fair

Just continue scouring that river!
Arapaima aren't that easy, either...

Actually, it's stringfish, right?

Last edited:
Back