Path First time path maker : )

jPottie

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Hey,

I just finished making a path last night; t'was my first attempt at one.

My main issues with paths have been:
1) I don't want to use/make a mule
2) I don't want a path that takes up a ton of slots (requiring a mule, essentially)
3) I wanted a natural looking path.

So I made these!

And here's what it looks like in action!

I hope you like it/find a use for it! Let me know of any suggestions if you have any, this is my first time creating a path. : )

Last edited:
That's really good for a first try! Mine was, well, kinda horrible.

Oh, one tiny thing that may only be me. Maybe the tiles connected? Like, not being the 'border' in the middle. It may just be something about me, but I prefer when my paths blend together like real bricks. But I understand this is a first try and it really is excellent!

Last edited:
It's a nice first design and good colour usage, but having bricks in a tile is a weird combo.

Try to fuse the small bricks right side of tile #1, with the small bricks on left side of tile #2 so it'll look like it's a 2-pattern width path.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys!

J087@ As for fusing the bricks, I purposely didn't do that, because that was another pet peeve of mine. I dislike how patterns do the "fusing" thing, because then you're just left with half a brick on either side (unless you plant a shrub by it, which can't be done for every single half brick).

JellyBeans@ That "border" comes from the light shading from one side going against the dark shade of the other side. I'll try to make another version where I remove the light side (or make it darker) to see if that changes anything.

Also, these patterns/designs were my inspiration:

tumblr_inline_mp11kq2DMq1qm5scx[1].jpg

Last edited:
I was basically saying what J087 said.
But I'd so use this for my town. If it was pink ;)

Back