Facebook to start using filters

Yeah, at least they're TRYING to stop it.

In other news, I just read today that MySpace is getting a Skype function next month. DDDDDDDDD:

UltraByte said:
Yeah, at least they're TRYING to stop it.

In other news, I just read today that is getting a Skype function next month. DDDDDDDDD:
Google talk is the new rave

:D

GT > Skype w/o Mic

I personally am not really a fan of MySpace or Facebook.

Though I have a MySpace thing from a long time ago...and I still never used it.

Ewww. Sorry people, but I can't stand Google Talk. Too user-unfriendly in my probably not humble opinion. I prefer Skype... with microphone, of course. D:

And yeah, the MySpace/Skype partnership is a big thing indeed. Makes me wonder if eBay's eying something . . . MySpace buy-out, anyone? Probably not, though.

Bulerias said:
Ewww. Sorry people, but I can't stand Google Talk. Too user-unfriendly in my probably not humble opinion. I prefer Skype... with microphone, of course. D:

And yeah, the /Skype partnership is a big thing indeed. Makes me wonder if eBay's eying something . . . buy-out, anyone? Probably not, though.
Meh, Google talk is more convenient for me, probably cause all my friends at school use it, compared to skype.

Sporge27 said:
Bulerias said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071016/ap_on_...book_safeguards

And you people tell me MySpace is full of predators...
umm facebook is definitely safer than myspace right now and this clipping shows that it will continue to be safer

:p

At least I don't keep getting spam friend requests on facebook...
Hey, I don't get any from MySpace. In all due honesty, I think it all depends on how open you are with doing as little as sharing your MySpace URL. If you post it around and stuff, then yes, you're prone to getting spam friend requests and who knows what else.

I have to say, I only use MySpace to keep in touch with a select few people, so I guess that's why I don't get any spam crap.

Bulerias said:
Sporge27 said:
Bulerias said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071016/ap_on_...book_safeguards

And you people tell me MySpace is full of predators...
umm facebook is definitely safer than myspace right now and this clipping shows that it will continue to be safer

:p

At least I don't keep getting spam friend requests on facebook...
Hey, I don't get any from MySpace. In all due honesty, I think it all depends on how open you are with doing as little as sharing your MySpace URL. If you post it around and stuff, then yes, you're prone to getting spam friend requests and who knows what else.

I have to say, I only use MySpace to keep in touch with a select few people, so I guess that's why I don't get any spam crap.
actually the spam goes to people of age probably... considering what they really are for....

sorry guys I'm hating this myspace hate.

ONLY IDOTS GET CAUGHT UP WITH PEDOFILES.

I use myspace to talk to people who don't live by me everyday, ( Hello, just like this but only releasing my first name. >.>) I met some great people and I have some great conversations with them. I have ever "Met up" with someone on there, I'm not stupid.

"Hey didn't some people from TBT meet up? OMG NOT SAFE!!!11!!"

Yeah....

and I use facebook for my School friends only.Facebook is already supersafe and IMO super linear and not fun. D:

So, I'm not sure everyone here realizes what the real problem is...
You see, Facebook used to be a college only thing. Most of the networks on there are still college networks. The thing is, if someone harasses you on Facebook, there's a pretty good chance that they could figure out where you live. So, there are certain people on these college networks that basically use Facebook to stalk other people on college campuses. And a Facebook stalker is a lot scarier than a MySpace stalker, because they might be able to carry out whatever sick ideas they have, even if you never talk to them.

But really, you can turn up the security settings pretty high. I don't see why more people aren't just doing that...

yasuharu said:
So, I'm not sure everyone here realizes what the real problem is...
You see, Facebook used to be a college only thing. Most of the networks on there are still college networks. The thing is, if someone harasses you on Facebook, there's a pretty good chance that they could figure out where you live. So, there are certain people on these college networks that basically use Facebook to stalk other people on college campuses. And a Facebook stalker is a lot scarier than a MySpace stalker, because they might be able to carry out whatever sick ideas they have, even if you never talk to them.

But really, you can turn up the security settings pretty high. I don't see why more people aren't just doing that...
well exactly, the bottom line is that you can set privacy settings on either site. It isn't really that widespread of a problem....

Bulerias said:

And yeah, the MySpace/Skype partnership is a big thing indeed. Makes me wonder if eBay's eying something . . . MySpace buy-out, anyone? Probably not, though.
No, eBay already acquired StumbleUpon not too long ago, that should give them enough bags of cash for now.

Back