• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Digital: Multiple Saves?

BlueWyvern4

Cherche
Bells
Mailbox
Cake
In some 3DS games downloaded from the eshop, there are multiple saves/save backups. I was wondering if ACNL had this as well.

Nope.
Someone on here did try changing the memory card to get another town but it didn't work and I think their town corrupted or something else went wrong...
Either way I don't think it's possible.

P.S. Frederick > Cherche :p

Last edited:
I wasnt talking about changing the sd/memory/whatever. I mean the legit way nintendo gave for some games (like awakening)

*stabs lion*

I thought OP was referring to having multiple save files in one game?
Like, for example, in Luigi's Mansion, you have three separate save slots so you don't have to over-write your data in just one slot.
That's not the case with AC though.

I mean like if you download awakeing(or another game with this feature) and hover (whatever, touch the icon but dont start it up) over it, press the arrow on the keft and there will be 'Save Data Backup' or something like that. And it can be restores throug the system menu.

Last edited:
Digital copies save on the SD card and physical copies save on the cartridge.

So that means that if I use another 3DS, but I have a cartridge/physical copy of the game, all of the data will be on the cartridge, right? And not on my 3DS?

So that means that if I use another 3DS, but I have a cartridge/physical copy of the game, all of the data will be on the cartridge, right? And not on my 3DS?

Let's say you have Cartridge 1. If you put Cart 1 in any 3DS, you get the same town. Most, if not all, data will go on the cartridge, so if you have 100 of them, you can have 100 Towns. If you want to have 100 digital Towns, you need to have 100 3DS's. I'm not too sure if you can have 100 SD Cards instead, but I don't think this is possible.

All the data will be saved on the cartridge, yup.
If you have a digital copy of the game, it will save onto an SD card.

Back