• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Digimon

Digimon Survive is for babies. This is the true Digimon experience for real gamers.
71v1OepaV0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know the graphics may seem a little on the extreme side, but any decently-spec'd PC with an obnoxious RGB cooling fan and tempered glass frame should be able to run it.

Digimon Survive is for babies. This is the true Digimon experience for real gamers.
71v1OepaV0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know the graphics may seem a little on the extreme side, but any decently-spec'd PC with an obnoxious RGB cooling fan and tempered glass frame should be able to run it.
Is that the game where you buy that gigapet like thing and hook it up to your computer and use the monster from that device in the computer game?
What's the name of it?

Is that the game where you buy that gigapet like thing and hook it up to your computer and use the monster from that device in the computer game?
What's the name of it?
No, it's just the original Digimon pocket LCD game. No device interconnectivity to speak of as far as I'm aware. More like a Tamagachi than an actual game. I was just making a silly joke.

I've actually recently bought Cyber Sleuth for Switch as I wanted some Digimon. I've finished it on PS4 in the past but wanted Digimon on the go. Never played the DLC, so at least that's new.

Honestly I much more wanted Digimon World on the Switch as I feel that's a game I would enjoy a lot more portably, being able to do all the tedious grinding on my lunch breaks n' stuff. I struggled to keep interest on PS4 when I would get home and barely actually play the game because I had to spend my whole playtime retraining the Digimon in the Gym because it died again...Shame it doesn't look like we'll be getting a World game on Switch, at least any time soon.

hmm, let me see if I can find what I am talking about. I have no idea what it is called, I just happened to see a snippet of it on twitter one day.
Found Youtube Footage

Clue is in the link, though it honestly just looks like a typo at first. Digimon W0rld (the 'o' is an '0'). I've never heard of it before but I'll have to give it a check out since a Digimon MMORPG is essentially the Digimon game I always wanted.

Not sure what the Digivice (the little pocket game) has to do with Digimon W0rld though. Looks like Digimon W0rld is a fan game so whilst it may use the Digivice in some way, it won't be official. The Digivice is basically just a Tamagotchi but Digimon branded (which is where Digimon actually started, as "Tamagotchi for boys").

Does anyone here have any comparison info between Digimon and Tamagotchi? I have a small collection of Tamagotchis and I’ve been thinking about getting a Digimon, but I’m not sure about Digimon and how they work. Are they cute and fun? I’m trying to expand my collection of Bandai toys.

Does anyone here have any comparison info between Digimon and Tamagotchi? I have a small collection of Tamagotchis and I’ve been thinking about getting a Digimon, but I’m not sure about Digimon and how they work. Are they cute and fun? I’m trying to expand my collection of Bandai toys.
I've never owned a Digivice (I'm not 100% sure what they're actually called) but I've seen bits of them here and there.

From my vague recollection of Tamagotchi, they seem to work pretty much the same. Feed and play with your Digimon, take them to the toilet and clean them, train them and raise them from a 'baby' (in-training) up to an 'adult' (Champion or Ultimate). They're all features you'll find in many of the Digimon console games, obviously a bit of homage to how the series started.

I think the biggest difference between these and Tamagotchi was that you could connect two Digivices (not sure how. Maybe infa red as that was common back in the day). When you connected them yours and "the other" Digimon would battle and it would record how many battles your Digimon had won.

That's about the extent of what I know. I'll definitely say take it with a grain of salt as I've never had one but I'm pretty confident they work how I think they do.

I was considering buying one myself out of curiosity. They were never that easy to find when I was a kid and, well, now we have Amazon. They're not that expensive.

I've never owned a Digivice (I'm not 100% sure what they're actually called) but I've seen bits of them here and there.

From my vague recollection of Tamagotchi, they seem to work pretty much the same. Feed and play with your Digimon, take them to the toilet and clean them, train them and raise them from a 'baby' (in-training) up to an 'adult' (Champion or Ultimate). They're all features you'll find in many of the Digimon console games, obviously a bit of homage to how the series started.

I think the biggest difference between these and Tamagotchi was that you could connect two Digivices (not sure how. Maybe infa red as that was common back in the day). When you connected them yours and "the other" Digimon would battle and it would record how many battles your Digimon had won.

That's about the extent of what I know. I'll definitely say take it with a grain of salt as I've never had one but I'm pretty confident they work how I think they do.

I was considering buying one myself out of curiosity. They were never that easy to find when I was a kid and, well, now we have Amazon. They're not that expensive.
I don’t know where you live but here in the states they sell them and tamagotchis at walmart. I’ve recently got back into tamagotchi. The last one I had was when I was a kid, but im finding out i really missed and love it now that i can take proper care of them lol If i remember correctly the digimon at walmart was around $15.00. Not bad compared to my Tamagotchis. They’ve discontinued a ton of the tamagotchis and i’ve been paying over $100 for some. I know, it’s terrible, but Im trying to collect some lol

I don’t know where you live but here in the states they sell them and tamagotchis at walmart. I’ve recently got back into tamagotchi. The last one I had was when I was a kid, but im finding out i really missed and love it now that i can take proper care of them lol If i remember correctly the digimon at walmart was around $15.00. Not bad compared to my Tamagotchis. They’ve discontinued a ton of the tamagotchis and i’ve been paying over $100 for some. I know, it’s terrible, but Im trying to collect some lol
Here in the UK I don't think I've ever seen one. Digimon was never too popular here as far as I'm aware, so it doesn't surprise me.

Tamagotchi were everywhere though and seem to have had a little resurgence recently. I had a couple growing up as well as the Game Boy game.

I decided to buy a Digimon one whilst browsing amazon, so I guess I'll get back on how accurate my description of them is. Couldn't resist the cool looking white and blue one.

I LOVE Digimon! I'm honestly more into it right now than Pokemon since it feels more fresh, at least for the moment. Apparently the franchise is doing way better internationally than in Japan which is kinda wild to me, but Pokemon also has the home plate there....

I've been collecting Dim cards for my vital bracelet lately and have been casually playing it on my off days. I'm waiting for Survive to come out! I hope that it's good, and that the translation isn't as poor as CS/HM's were...

It's really fun seeing v-pets make a comeback. I've picked up a couple Digimon and a Tamagotchi in the last year or so. At least I don't have to feed the watch lmao

I LOVE Digimon! I'm honestly more into it right now than Pokemon since it feels more fresh, at least for the moment. Apparently the franchise is doing way better internationally than in Japan which is kinda wild to me, but Pokemon also has the home plate there....

I've been collecting Dim cards for my vital bracelet lately and have been casually playing it on my off days. I'm waiting for Survive to come out! I hope that it's good, and that the translation isn't as poor as CS/HM's were...

It's really fun seeing v-pets make a comeback. I've picked up a couple Digimon and a Tamagotchi in the last year or so. At least I don't have to feed the watch lmao
What are Dim cards and a vital bracelet?

I absolutely appreciate digimon alot more now than when I was a kid. I mean I do like pokemon, but the designs and evolutions of digimon are interesting choices too.

What are Dim cards and a vital bracelet?

I absolutely appreciate digimon alot more now than when I was a kid. I mean I do like pokemon, but the designs and evolutions of digimon are interesting choices too.
It’s the newest vpet- though it’s less of a vpet and more like a Fitbit. It tracks activity rather than you having to feed them to raise them, and it has app connections. It’s super nifty!

Back