Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

yeah i just think mafia has motivations in their actions. so im not sure what could be the motivation to try to cover for a teammate or change the topic. i wont discard them being awkward bc of tmi though
if zianni flips red we should remember this moment ig

Very fair. and for the record I am not here and now trying to raise pitchforks at Zinnia. It's just an odd thing to claim but it isn't an instant red tunnel read. But I wouldn't mind us talking about this more. I didn't even notice anything big going on for this to be a maf partner trying to cover for their teammate even? It just felt like a completely out of no where post.

1:20am here so gonna go now lol, will be back tomorrow :3
gngngngngn
Post automatically merged:

lmao
why a dolby/mog team?
don’t take it as a serious suggestion, it was just a brief thought that passed my mind which is prob erong

but mog questioned the townread on dolby, which is maybe slightly indicative she knows it’s wrong

again, i’m not pushing this at all, nor do i even believe it much!!

I thought that we thought Zinnia was one of the mafia members? That might just be me not paying close attention.

Nah, like I said when I placed that vote, I just think that statement was strange to come from town so I wanted to poke at it. Zinnia made 4 posts so far this game there is no way I would tunnel a maf vote on them. We have unlimited votes so I'm just using it to get discussions going. 🤷‍♀️

Night Jacob!

I'm happy to see the newbies get into the game already! There is one person in particular I'm reading as a strong noob town, and I assume a few others have noticed it too.

I'm happy to see the newbies get into the game already! There is one person in particular I'm reading as a strong noob town, and I assume a few others have noticed it too.
I have a feeling I do as well, though it's not as obvious in my opinion. Everyone that's posted so far has at least a hint of being a woof.

1) Have you played Among Us before
2) How do you feel about your assigned colour
no. i also hate bananas. i hate the banana color. why couldnt i be blue.
1. What are your pronouns
2. What’s your time zone
3. What’s your experience level with forum mafia specifically
1. she/her
2. pst
3. I played a lot of games when I was a teenager (2016-2018 ish) but I wouldn't say I was ever very good. I don't remember if I played any games since 2021. I don't even think I played a game during covid tbh. The last game I observed was the most recent kingmaker, so I don't really have meta of anyone in my head because its been so long (or I never played with them before).
frostyalmonds prob a villager

would also be kinda surprised if dolby isnt a villager? but uhhh not super confident there yet
why
i dont get what this was responding to? zinnias comment about mafia not being online? lol just thought it was kinda weird
nah those arent bait btw lol i feel somewhat confident in both being villagers, I'll try to explain my thought process on them but tbh a lot of it comes down to a level of purity that i think is quite hard to fake for wolves (albeit they show in different ways)
I think with dolby the main reason I feel like he's a villager is he kinda naturally took on a position of 'leading the process', not just in his attempts to ease people into the game in #32, but also his scepticism in regards to people's reads (i.e. in #54, #60, #66
and #73). makes me feels like 1. he does want to solve and this level of scepticism not typically what one with the burden of TMI tends to gravitate towards doing, and 2. lends to the idea that his headspace is currently at wanting to be the leader, typically something villagers tend to do off the bat rather than wolves in my experience (though that 2nd point is quite dependent on dolby's personality ig)
why x2
I think others have already said its way too early to be confident in your reads. Honestly I don't really see the purity in these posts. It's been years since I played with him but I feel thats how he just talks in general. I also don't think just because he took charge should mean too much - he is a strong player and a maf!Dolby would also be quick to lead town if he can. idk what TMI means tbh.
What are your feelings on voting non elim day 1?
Are you pro voting off inactives if we don't have any good maf leads?
1) bad idea
2) yes

also i didnt feel like adding trundles quote into this post because im lazy, but idk we're reading the same person as town lol depending on how strict your definition of newbie is

tbh im trying to not rely too hard on meta because the only people i remember playing with ever is trundle and dolby and i dont remember how they actually act as town or mafia lmao. if i forgot you and we've played before im sorry im bad at remembering names

if i am reading the rules correctly there is no postcap

yay
I think I'm gonna like you

hi jacob i will not let you trick me this time fr!!

weh
I want to know what your read on Jacob is at this time
ill immediatly towncore annika and never let it go
Need you to also explain this to me since from my POV at this point in the game Annika hasn't really done anything?
Zinnia is mafia for being mean.

I think literally all of us were so sure Annika was maf in the king game and we all have to repent. sjkfbksebf
Frosty
Frosty
Frosty I need you to be honest with me

Is your vote on Zinnia color motivated

btw i lied im not particularly confident in her yet, just wanted a reaction from her to me tring her

her reaction in #64 honestly feels kinda weird cause it feels like the thing she does as wolf sometimes where her words assume an alignment (in this case me being wolf), when that doesn't coincide with where her thoughts as town would actually lie

though her kinda carefree attitude i do tend to townread so im kinda in the middle atm lol, will have to wait for more content

You know what you're fine

last game he said both in thread and mafia chat that he has a good read on annika BUT im not gonna be a white knight better for him to justify it himself
Ok you were sheeping him. Fine I guess

Duly notedre Jacob town reading Annika for meta.

I'm not opposed to meta reasoning to make up an early reads list tbh. Though it feels more of a personal thing vs an argument,like "I read x town because of meta" vs "everyone you need to read x town because of meta", if you get what I mean.

This is not what he was ultimately doing as I understand it? He came about to having mixed feelings on annika

@mogyay hey do you have any reads right now?

I really like post 99 by Jacob, townlean

Volt seems to be vibing well in the thread.

Frosty is a bit tough, I think that if I hadn't previously played with the slot I'd have her at null but she was wolfy to me from when I entered teh the thread that game and I'm not really feeling wolf so she's town

Oh, but speaking of, something else to talk about.

What are your feelings on voting non elim day 1?
Are you pro voting off inactives if we don't have any good maf leads?

This one

We had 10/17 at this point and 4 mafia so this is some strange logic.
I mean, I interpret this as Zinnia as townreading the whole thread at the time which is a probably wrong but like, they do have reads and it's not a super weird normative statement. Migh be putting words in peoples mouths but that's how i read it

Kinda not liking this push. Want Zinnia to say more though (like who the wolves are in their eyes.

I am strongly opposed to policy votes on principle, and I personally think that the game that I wolfsided in could have been a town sweep if town didn't policy vote the 1 poster. Granted that's a bad example since town lost explicitly because I choose to wolfside. Also we are voting someone out today, no to no elimination.

So now that mog is asleep we can all agree she is giving mafia vibes right?
I did feel like Mog had a lot of words for not any (?) reads. This is an good first serious post. Light townlean

@TN4U hey what is your read on Annika?

Hiya Yoshi. Welcome to your first maf game, hope you'll have a good time playing.

Did you already read through the thread already to have this opinion?

You got me.
😭

I mean that's fair, but also IDK I don't buy having solid townreads on everyone less than 2 hours into the game?? I mean, it's possible that no one from maf has come in yet, but I don't think it's townaligning to assume that when over half the players have said something in game?? Comes off as a little too lax for a town perspective, and sounds more like a tmi statement.
🤷‍♀️
I wouldn't say it's to cover a teammate, more like trying to relax us and not overthink too hard which again, not very town aligned. IDK, it's just a weird assumption to come from town.

Cancel any suspicion directed at Frosty. She's town. Also I'm way more fine with the Zinnia vote in the sense that I don't think it's weird coming from Frosty anymore, with that said, completely new player townreading the whole thread isn't autosus in my eyes

Yeah, I hope it’s fun too.

For the second one, I have read through the thread and I’ve seen that there are a few consistent people that we think it is, but I don’t think there’s enough evidence for a hard vote yet. So I’ll just probably vote for no elim this time.
I'd strongly encourage you to vote somebody today. Also do you have any people in the thread who you think are town?

I am not digging Annika's associatative read on me and Mog tbh

I am sorry for how this post but it is so much harder to make a wall post on TBT than it used to be back when it was a vBulliten board and quite frankly making this post was exhausting since apparently stuff I make in one tab now shows up in another tab that I have open?

That's on you.
Could I get some reads from you my good sir

Yes I am townleaning Jacob for his towncase on me. I think he's trying to solve me.

i dont get what this was responding to? zinnias comment about mafia not being online? lol just thought it was kinda weird
it's bc i said something like "ill wait for jacob to explain himself" but he did before i sent my reply
thats why i oh'd

I think I'm gonna like you

I want to know what your read on Jacob is at this time

Need you to also explain this to me since from my POV at this point in the game Annika hasn't really done anything?

Frosty
Frosty
Frosty I need you to be honest with me

Is your vote on Zinnia color motivated

You know what you're fine

Ok you were sheeping him. Fine I guess

This is not what he was ultimately doing as I understand it? He came about to having mixed feelings on annika

@mogyay hey do you have any reads right now?

I really like post 99 by Jacob, townlean

Volt seems to be vibing well in the thread.

Frosty is a bit tough, I think that if I hadn't previously played with the slot I'd have her at null but she was wolfy to me from when I entered teh the thread that game and I'm not really feeling wolf so she's town

I mean, I interpret this as Zinnia as townreading the whole thread at the time which is a probably wrong but like, they do have reads and it's not a super weird normative statement. Migh be putting words in peoples mouths but that's how i read it

Kinda not liking this push. Want Zinnia to say more though (like who the wolves are in their eyes.

I am strongly opposed to policy votes on principle, and I personally think that the game that I wolfsided in could have been a town sweep if town didn't policy vote the 1 poster. Granted that's a bad example since town lost explicitly because I choose to wolfside. Also we are voting someone out today, no to no elimination.

I did feel like Mog had a lot of words for not any (?) reads. This is an good first serious post. Light townlean

@TN4U hey what is your read on Annika?

Cancel any suspicion directed at Frosty. She's town. Also I'm way more fine with the Zinnia vote in the sense that I don't think it's weird coming from Frosty anymore, with that said, completely new player townreading the whole thread isn't autosus in my eyes

I'd strongly encourage you to vote somebody today. Also do you have any people in the thread who you think are town?

I am not digging Annika's associatative read on me and Mog tbh

I am sorry for how this post but it is so much harder to make a wall post on TBT than it used to be back when it was a vBulliten board and quite frankly making this post was exhausting since apparently stuff I make in one tab now shows up in another tab that I have open?

Could I get some reads from you my good sir

Yes I am townleaning Jacob for his towncase on me. I think he's trying to solve me.
no i was a joking because last game me and annika were in last 3 and i killed her and lost town the game

Yes, I am a noob townie. First game after all.
Yep, it's not a bad thing. Just the amount you are contributing so far + your obvious inexperience just makes you seem like an obvious town to me. If you were mafia I think you'd be a lot more cautious.

Well, most of us know I became suspicious of "weh", but it was only a passing joke. Nothing has stood out to me from her since. She's likely a townie.

Yes, I am a noob townie. First game after all.
who in your eyes are the most obvious town and mafia?

I think mog could be mafia
I think volt is town
I think TN4U is noob town
ok yeah i think we both had the same person in mind, tbh i also kinda think yoshi is noob town (so far). mostly due to
I thought that we thought Zinnia was one of the mafia members? That might just be me not paying close attention.
The "we" I am assuming he means town in general, because unless I missed a post there was never a suspicion on Zinnia from him. So it wasn't the we between him and frosty. Idk where he got the idea that town thinks Zinnia is mafia either lol though but thats why i think hes noob town

it’s been 3 hours and already 8 pages to look through?! i think i’ll just pick up from here for now and slowly catch up.
1. What are your pronouns
2. What’s your time zone
3. What’s your experience level with forum mafia specifically
1. he/she
2. est
3. i play a lot of site mafia, but my only forum game was the last time i played on here. i think i am pretty experienced in the mafia department though.

Back